Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

If Cole and Lampard are going to leave then we will need to spend big to replace Cole especially. I think Bertrand is a good player but he has not convinced me much this season when he has been filling in for Cole. I'd like to see us go after Nagatomo from Inter Milan or Natxo Monreal from Malaga as a replacement for Cole because they are 2 left backs who can actually defend as well as attack. Malaga may be willing to sell with their current financial position too. Apart from a new left back and maybe 2 new strikers, (recalling KDB for next season as well) I think our squad is pretty solid for next season

If Cole and Lampard are going to leave then we will need to spend big to replace Cole especially. I think Bertrand is a good player but he has not convinced me much this season when he has been filling in for Cole. I'd like to see us go after Nagatomo from Inter Milan or Natxo Monreal from Malaga as a replacement for Cole because they are 2 left backs who can actually defend as well as attack. Malaga may be willing to sell with their current financial position too. Apart from a new left back and maybe 2 new strikers, (recalling KDB for next season as well) I think our squad is pretty solid for next season

If Cole is off, then I'd be inclined to give Bertrand every opportunity this season to take that shirt. I think I've got the same view as you, that he's done okay but not really stood out. I think we could maybe give him a run of games to see if he steps up and takes it or if this is simply his level.

The simple truth is that we aren't going to replace Ashley Cole. He's a one-off and probably the most underrated player of his generation.

If Cole is off, then I'd be inclined to give Bertrand every opportunity this season to take that shirt. I think I've got the same view as you, that he's done okay but not really stood out. I think we could maybe give him a run of games to see if he steps up and takes it or if this is simply his level.

The simple truth is that we aren't going to replace Ashley Cole. He's a one-off and probably the most underrated player of his generation.

Agree with that -would be a big mistake not to renew Coles contract and if the FSW has had a hand in it I will personally kick his fat arse -though there is talk Cole has had a gutful of the British media

Two strikers.

Cavani as front line leader and aerial threat.

Jovetic as rotation, if Cavani is injured, banned or tired.

-

CM (Xabi Alonso esque)

I have no idea who might that be, but should be at least 27yrs old to add some experience to the midfield. Or a young, but very talented and mature one to grow with the team.

-

CB

Again, someone who is mature enough to stay focused every game and is consistent.

Papadopoulos, Benatia, Subotic or Hummels

-

Winger

We dont have pure winger and someone like Bale or Alexis Sanchez would be great. Even James would be fine, but he is not typical winger.

-

Back up GK

Someone to replace Turnbull and Hilario.

Cheap, proven, experienced and ready to be backup without complaining.

-

LB

IF Cole leaves, we need that too.

Alex Sandro, Nacho Monreal, Felipe Luis,...

CM (Xabi Alonso esque) I have no idea who might that be, but should be at least 27yrs old to add some experience to the midfield. Or a young, but very talented and mature one to grow with the team. -

We already have KDB who can make that position his own.

We already have KDB who can make that position his own.

I actually think he will not be completely ready to play for Chelsea, well not as a genuine starter anyway. I think he needs one more year to actually seriously challenge a place in the starting eleven. I think if we could loan him to an EPL subtopper next year that would be best, at least fo his development and even Chelsea's further future. Sadly he can't be loaned out to Werder again, due to clauses in his contract that he can't be loaned out to a foreign team anymore. At least that's what I seem to remember.

While De Bruyne has a lot of potential and already can be decisive, he is far from a finished product. He has plenty of bad and average games and can be rather incosistent within a single game as well. Take his last game against Düsseldorf. True if you read Belgian media or read these forums it looks like he was the hero of the game. But actually his first half was rather awfull. He was the person losing the ball, causing Düsseldorf to score. Now while this goal made Bremen start to play better and control the game they still didn't get many chances. To little direct play, to much lateral passes and slow build up (where have we seen that) and De Bruyne who gave the ball away too many times. While Kevin is a bit similar to Hunt when it comes to qualities and role in the team, one clearly sees a difference due to Hunt's maturity as a player. He was outshining De Bruyne in every aspect untill the final minutes. Kevin's second half was better with some good interceptions and a few good passes and possible assists. But only when he scored in 81th minute (if my memory serves me well) he started to play better and show confidence. So while he scored the winning goal, he only played well for 10 minutes.

I can't see him playing much here that way. If he loses possesion that often and not help making the team play well as a cm he wouldn't have been on the pitch for that long. Wouldn't have scored either. Also consider Düsseldorf being just promoted. If he can grow a lot by the end of this year then perhaps we could actually use him. But I expect actually that he needs an extra year to actually have good impact. Note I'm not baing this soley on the Düsseldorf game but it was fresh in my memory and accidentally a very good example. He's a good player and I like him very much, especially as I'm a Genk fan as well (and hence see him play for years), but I'm afraid were overrating him a bit due to a few good games/moments, biases media and frankly because we want to see him play well and become good. In his prime I don't doubt he could be a new Lampard. Just don't expect him to be that kind of player yet. In the long run he probably will, some rate him higher than Hazard's potential. Though I find it hard to compare such different players. Judging ones potential is hard enough as it is, is it not?

What I think Chelsea needs to do is buy a really good striker, one that can easily adapt to many systems. Possibly a CB as well as they can adapt to many kinds of systems anyway. Sell Malouda which is a no brainer and see if they can put Torres in the deal of the striker they buy. Keep the rest for the summer when we know who will be leading us and how he actually wants to play. We can also better evaluate our recent buys and asses the progress of our young players. We should go for a CL place. You can't go from 6th place of lasr year and become champs right away. Especially when swapping an old team for a new and one that needs to play completely different as well. If we just add a goal getter we'll get our top 4 spot and that's the most important then we can try and take the next step possibly winning the league, if not at least a real title challenge and surviving the CL's group stages.

I'm now realistically expecting something along the lines of:

Out:

Malouda

Hilario

Lampard

In:

Paulinho

Falcao (I just find it a bit fishy that he's getting literally zero minutes in Europe for Atletico Madrid this season; unless of course I've missed something! It makes more sense to the board for him to arrive in the Summer, but we know our board. They're an odd bunch.)

Long shots:

Skrtel (in)

Paulo F. (out. He's a great asset to this club off the pitch, but I get the feeling he may be moved on. I'm not entirely sure though.)

I'm now realistically expecting something along the lines of:

Out:

Malouda

Hilario

Lampard

In:

Paulinho

Falcao (I just find it a bit fishy that he's getting literally zero minutes in Europe for Atletico Madrid this season; unless of course I've missed something! It makes more sense to the board for him to arrive in the Summer, but we know our board. They're an odd bunch.)

Long shots:

Skrtel (in)

Paulo F. (out. He's a great asset to this club off the pitch, but I get the feeling he may be moved on. I'm not entirely sure though.)

I would prefer Cavani, Fernandinho/Hernanes and Agger, but unlikely...

@Moros KDB is young player so he is bound to have some off games,your opinion is also correct but its not like we are bringing back kevin tomorrow its still november and there is plenty of time for him to iron out his flaws.I think he will be more then ready to step up next year also he has performed very well for belgium recently.

@Moros KDB is young player so he is bound to have some off games,your opinion is also correct but its not like we are bringing back kevin tomorrow its still november and there is plenty of time for him to iron out his flaws.I think he will be more then ready to step up next year also he has performed very well for belgium recently.

He is a young player indeed, one who's not that used to the role of CM as much yet. Though it is probably his best position when it comes to potential. But in a team that needs to perform as much as Chelsea, where players as Luiz gets as much critisism as they do, you can't have anyone on the midfield losing possesion as often as he currently does. Especially considering the diffence of level between a team as Düsseldorf to our main competitors. He'll get there sure, but one year is really short to learn and improve as much as will asked of him.

It is very weird, he's been top scorer in the competition for 2 seasons in a row and all of a sudden doesn't even play a single minute. Surely they're conscious of the fact a team might be ready to break the bank for him in January, and thus not want to cup-tie him.

I actually think he will not be completely ready to play for Chelsea, well not as a genuine starter anyway. I think he needs one more year to actually seriously challenge a place in the starting eleven. I think if we could loan him to an EPL subtopper next year that would be best, at least fo his development and even Chelsea's further future. Sadly he can't be loaned out to Werder again, due to clauses in his contract that he can't be loaned out to a foreign team anymore. At least that's what I seem to remember.

While De Bruyne has a lot of potential and already can be decisive, he is far from a finished product. He has plenty of bad and average games and can be rather incosistent within a single game as well. Take his last game against Düsseldorf. True if you read Belgian media or read these forums it looks like he was the hero of the game. But actually his first half was rather awfull. He was the person losing the ball, causing Düsseldorf to score. Now while this goal made Bremen start to play better and control the game they still didn't get many chances. To little direct play, to much lateral passes and slow build up (where have we seen that) and De Bruyne who gave the ball away too many times. While Kevin is a bit similar to Hunt when it comes to qualities and role in the team, one clearly sees a difference due to Hunt's maturity as a player. He was outshining De Bruyne in every aspect untill the final minutes. Kevin's second half was better with some good interceptions and a few good passes and possible assists. But only when he scored in 81th minute (if my memory serves me well) he started to play better and show confidence. So while he scored the winning goal, he only played well for 10 minutes.

I can't see him playing much here that way. If he loses possesion that often and not help making the team play well as a cm he wouldn't have been on the pitch for that long. Wouldn't have scored either. Also consider Düsseldorf being just promoted. If he can grow a lot by the end of this year then perhaps we could actually use him. But I expect actually that he needs an extra year to actually have good impact. Note I'm not baing this soley on the Düsseldorf game but it was fresh in my memory and accidentally a very good example. He's a good player and I like him very much, especially as I'm a Genk fan as well (and hence see him play for years), but I'm afraid were overrating him a bit due to a few good games/moments, biases media and frankly because we want to see him play well and become good. In his prime I don't doubt he could be a new Lampard. Just don't expect him to be that kind of player yet. In the long run he probably will, some rate him higher than Hazard's potential. Though I find it hard to compare such different players. Judging ones potential is hard enough as it is, is it not?

What I think Chelsea needs to do is buy a really good striker, one that can easily adapt to many systems. Possibly a CB as well as they can adapt to many kinds of systems anyway. Sell Malouda which is a no brainer and see if they can put Torres in the deal of the striker they buy. Keep the rest for the summer when we know who will be leading us and how he actually wants to play. We can also better evaluate our recent buys and asses the progress of our young players. We should go for a CL place. You can't go from 6th place of lasr year and become champs right away. Especially when swapping an old team for a new and one that needs to play completely different as well. If we just add a goal getter we'll get our top 4 spot and that's the most important then we can try and take the next step possibly winning the league, if not at least a real title challenge and surviving the CL's group stages.

That's some nice anaysis on KDB. But he could mature in the future, I think its too early to call him back. Unless we are not getting anyone in that position.

OP-

INS:

1st options- cavani or falcao, fernadinho or fellani

2nd options - lewandoski or jovetic, Paulinho or bring KDB back

OUT: torres, malouda

Anyone else have a funny feeling Rafa might move for Mascherano and Agger/Skrtel having previously worked with them? Mascherano and one of the two Liverpool CBs would be very very good additions imo. A striker is also a definite tbh. Also talk Rafa wants Paulinho but unsure whether its true or not.

Anyone else have a funny feeling Rafa might move for Mascherano and Agger/Skrtel having previously worked with them? Mascherano and one of the two Liverpool CBs would be very very good additions imo. A striker is also a definite tbh. Also talk Rafa wants Paulinho but unsure whether its true or not.

Mashpotato would be a good signing. I don't want Agger or Skittles though.

I can realistic only see a ST coming in and Malouda going out.

I would love to see us getting a CB (whoever that gets the job done), DM/CM (double pivot role) and ST (Falcao/Cavani). I also want Sturridge and Malouda out.

A no nonsense CB would be great, a defender that worries about defending and nothing else. Gazza and Davey Boy try to do everthing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Also someone like Cabaye or Moutinho would be great. Not necessary, but great.