Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea

James

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides QPR at home, this is the match i've been looking forward to. Spurs now think they are a big club and will finish above us because they went on a decent run, lost to Stoke and scraped past Sunderland. Not to mention the Luka situation last summer. Spurs fans have all of a sudden got a little bit cocky and over-confident. Hope we thump them so we can call WHL 'Three point lane' once again.

Lose or even draw & we can dream about 4th place Because:

City 11/12 points ahead.

United 9/10 points ahead.

Spurs 2 points with 1 game less or 5 points with 1 game less...

And Arsenal and maybe Liverpool are behind...

So?... :doh: :doh: :doh:

Last season we went from being in March 3 points behind Spurs to finishing the season 9 points above them.

This season we don't have a Character.

Last season we were stagnant and i witnessed some of the worse performances since i started following Chelsea.

This season's hasn't been that bad in comparision.

I think a better argument would be that Spurs are a much better side this year. But I still think they'll wobble. If we make some good signings in January then I don't see why we should only be considered as a 4th place contender

Harry Redknapp has a number of injury concerns ahead of the big one against Chelsea on Thursday night.

Aaron Lennon is out with the hamstring injury he picked up against Sunderland on Sunday and Harry described Gareth Bale as ‘very doubtful’ with his ankle sprain.

Jermain Defoe and Ledley King are also doubts and the manager reported that Emmanuel Adebayor didn’t train on Wednesday with a foot injury, although he was more confident of the striker making it against the Blues.

Good news sees Younes Kaboul available again after a one-match suspension.

“Gareth’s struggling at the moment,” reported Harry on Wednesday. “He hasn’t been able to train. He’s very doubtful.

“It normally takes six or seven days for Ledley’s knee to go down, so we’ll have to wait and see how it is today and tomorrow. He’ll be 50-50 at best I would imagine.

“Jermain, again, has a bit of a hamstring. He thinks he’s got a chance, but the physio isn’t keen on him taking a chance.

“Ade’s got a foot problem, we’ll see how he is. He can’t train today, but we’re hopeful. He doesn’t miss too many games.

“Azza’s got a hamstring injury, but he shouldn’t be too long. It’s only a minor tear. He could be fit in a couple of weeks."