Torres love or hate?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La la la he's leaving :cry:

But compare the way he'll be leaving and the memories and achievements he is leaving behind with Torres if he leaves this season or the next. We'll always remember Drogba for his massive contribution whereas Torres has been rubbish. Drogba > Torres any day of the week.

But compare the way he'll be leaving and the memories and achievements he is leaving behind with Torres if he leaves this season or the next. We'll always remember Drogba for his massive contribution whereas Torres has been rubbish. Drogba > Torres any day of the week.

'Its a disgrace'..awww good times :D

When Drogba plays poorly, everyone's like "His final balls were crap", "He's losing his pace", "He's so selfish"

When Torres plays poorly, everyone's like "Where the fuck was he? I didn't even know he was playing"

No it's actually, "Nando hasn't got any service." :D

I can see why you dislike some of my comments against Drogs. I speak of aspects you choose to overlook, as simple as that.

But in no way do I intend to undermine his contributions to our club. I've loved so many of his match winning performances over the years - the 2007 FA Cup Final, the 20008 CL campaign, especially making Rafa Benitez eat his words in the semis, the almost ritualistic spanking we gave Arsenal each year thanks to him. He has earned his place amongst Chelsea greats, no fan can question that. And I know he is an awesome guy off the field as well.

But I disagree that he can boss around anyone he likes just because he's a legend. And I've hated only some of his on field antics for years, way before Torres arrived at SB. And I think he needs to do more on the pitch every game, just like everyone else who plays for Chelsea.

But if people say Torres needs more match time to prove anything, why should you interpret that as an anti-Drogba campaign? In the same way as you accuse people of forgetting Drogs contribution, it can be argued that your labelling Torres 'a 50 million pound megastar' shows your refusal and cynicism in accepting a new player who competes with your favourite star for a place in the team.

I was trying to make 2 seperate points - Drogba's form and attitude on the field is not top notch right now and Torres deserves some more time on the pitch if we are going to decide on his future at Chelsea sometime soon, otherwise his move away is really a foregone conclusion.

I was more than ready to accept Torres as the main man at Chelsea, I was over the moon when we signed him, my comments on here at the time were typed while I was almost hysteric with joy. However it hasn't happened, tonight's performance was one of his worst ever in a Chelsea jersey, after taking a few steps forward this season it looks like he is going backwards again in the last few games he has played in. Drogba is my all time favourite player but that doesn't make me blind to what we need, we need a new main striker because at 33 (and in the final year of his contract) we can't keep relying on Didier, chances are this will be the last rut Drogba will get us out of before leaving this Summer, I hope we sign an adequate replacement.

No it's actually, "Nando hasn't got any service." :D

That is and always has been the key difference between the two players. Torres needs service, Drogba can create something for himself from nothing. I've always rated Drogba higher and even at 33 he still looks like a better player than Torres.

That's the difference between Drogba or Torres.

If Torres isn't in the game... he'll do fuck all. Drogba will strop and get frustrated, then bully the fuck out of the defenders, drop deep, help out defensively... he plays for the badge and with great heart. With Torres, you get the feeling he regrets leaving Liverpool.

He's had the best part of a year and he's playing worse than Kalou or Malouda ever could, but because he's an iconic striker and we spent so much on him, no-one is willing to accept the fact we've been absolutely screwed over. Torres is gone, we'll be lucky if he reaches 8 goals for the season this year.

Im probally going to get pasted for this but i think we seriously need to consider cutting our loses this January, if we can somehow get a club to spend £20m for him then ill be delighted.

I have backed him for a long time and was overjoyed when it looked like he was back with his 4 in 3 games but since then he has just hit a new low and i cannot see where his next goal is coming from. I think it's time to accept Chelsea and Torres is just a pure match made in hell. Atleast last season we can say he lacked service in a way, this season Mata and Meireles has come in and after a mini promising start he is just as bad as last season now.

I agree with BL that we got screwed over, thankfully Liverpool got screwed over that money twice as bad with a championship drunk, imagine if they spent it on Aguero.

He just has no luck and its obviously getting to him now..doesnt help he doesnt play and on the bench but even when given the chance...you hardly notice he's there!!

Was a daft deal in the first place..we didnt really need him and havent really benifited from having him.He hasnt made a huge impact but for 50m you knew it was going to be the case...

He just has no luck and its obviously getting to him now..doesnt help he doesnt play and on the bench but even when given the chance...you hardly notice he's there!!

Was a daft deal in the first place..we didnt really need him and havent really benifited from having him.He hasnt made a huge impact but for 50m you knew it was going to be the case...

True, what we really needed back then was a supporting player like Aguero, or at least have given Sturridge an opportunity...At the least the latter benefited from it....

If Torres isn't in the game... he'll do fuck all. Drogba will strop and get frustrated, then bully the fuck out of the defenders, drop deep, help out defensively... he plays for the badge and with great heart. With Torres, you get the feeling he regrets leaving Liverpool.

He's had the best part of a year and he's playing worse than Kalou or Malouda ever could, but because he's an iconic striker and we spent so much on him, no-one is willing to accept the fact we've been absolutely screwed over. Torres is gone, we'll be lucky if he reaches 8 goals for the season this year.

He's garbage mate, Liverpool basically done us over and i respect them for that they got 50 million for him. He cost twice the price Drogba cost us and they spent 23 million on a 23 year old Suarez lol. He goes through a whole game without even getting involved, when Drogba has a bad game you notice because he actually touches the ball and misses chances.Torres hides like a little coward and he thinks we don't notice.

I remember reading in October that Malaga were lining up a shock 34m pound bid...on a very unreliable site. But how perfect would that be...

No more Torres fangirls, no more sulking, no more disappointment, no more "50m pound flop Torres fails to score today," no more Torres.

If Torres had chances every game and wasn't scoring, then i would be really mad, but he doesn't get chances, but then again he should at least be doing better. And i don't blame anyone on this forum if they want him out now, because now and again i'm like that.