Lazar Markovic

termninja

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me neither. How many wonder kids do we have now?

If anything it's incredibly smart for us to be getting in "wonder kids". They will play a huge part in our future and FFP.

Either they get better and we sell for profit or they get good enough to play in the first team. Win/win.

Am I also right in thinking the academy and money spent on younger players isn't effected by FFP?

We all love to see these talented kids being bought.

However, are Chelsea ready to give them a chance to play one day ?

Please be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.

Thomas Kempis.

Just in case, I get an attack coming my way.

Already having Pierre Paul and Jacques isn't a valid argument. Expecting that every youths we have at our disposal will turn out to be good enough to play for an elite club is to build castles into the air. How many of them will turn out to be good enough to be a starter in a above average team (by that I mean a team contending for the Europa League, as in Tottenham, etc.) ? Not a plethora, definitely. And how many of them will blossom into a player good enough to be a starter into an elite team ? Even less.

We shouldn't not buy that kid because this kid is deemed to be a future superstar. That is why I do not see any problems in us getting a lot of them. It's more or less a win-win situation... If they all turn to be good (which won't happen by any means), then we will be able to pick some of our choice to play in the first team, and make profit on some others. If they do not all turn out te be good (which will be the case), then we will have more chance to have in our hand two or three good players (yes, the more we have talents in our academy, the more the chance are that one of them will be a great player).

P.S. If there's a problem somewhere, that's more about the way we handle them than how many of them we do buy.

Already having Pierre Paul and Jacques isn't a valid argument. Expecting that every youths we have at our disposal will turn out to be good enough to play for an elite club is to build castles into the air. How many of them will turn out to be good enough to be a starter in a above average team (by that I mean a team contending for the Europa League, as in Tottenham, etc.) ? Not a plethora, definitely. And how many of them will blossom into a player good enough to be a starter into an elite team ? Even less.

We shouldn't not buy that kid because this kid is deemed to be a future superstar. That is why I do not see any problems in us getting a lot of them. It's more or less a win-win situation... If they all turn to be good (which won't happen by any means), then we will be able to pick some of our choice to play in the first team, and make profit on some others. If they do not all turn out te be good (which will be the case), then we will have more chance to have in our hand two or three good players (yes, the more we have talents in our academy, the more the chance are that one of them will be a great player).

P.S. If there's a problem somewhere, that's more about the way we handle them than how many of them we do buy.

I agree with these statements. Buy all the wunderkinds and eventually one is bound to break into the first team...

A bit off topic but is "Pierre, Paul and Jacques" the French equivalent to "Tom, Dick and Harry"? Or did you make that up?

I agree with these statements. Buy all the wunderkinds and eventually one is bound to break into the first team...

A bit off topic but is "Pierre, Paul and Jacques" the French equivalent to "Tom, Dick and Harry"? Or did you make that up?

No, I didn't make that up. It's a French idiom. Though I don't know whether it is commonly used. I neither know whether I give it its real mean ! For me, saying "Pierre, Paul et Jacques" is equivalent to saying "X, Y and Z". Like naming unspecified people.

From what I get about "Tom, Dick and Harry", that's : "Fig. everyone, without discrimination; ordinary people.". So no, that is not exactly the same idiom, into my mind.

However, as I told you, I do not know whether I give to "Pierre Paul Jacques" its right meaning ! It could actually means the same as "Tom, Dick and Harry"..

P.S. After some research, it could be the equivalent.

Reports on SSN that he hasn't agreed anything:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8496098/Partizan-Belgrade-star-Lazar-Markovic-says-no-deal-is-done-with-Chelsea

Looks a good player and 10 million (euros?) - would be a great bargain....

I'd expect him to be purchased and loaned back out for a season though... But that's cool, seems to be working with some of our players...

Completely agree that we should buy all the young talents that we can, but that should not cover for the lack of results in our academy. We should not expect every player to make, but we shouldn't also expect none of them to make it.

Chelsea already have a player like this in their youth ranks: Alex Kiwomya

Markovic is better and Kiwomya is couple younger and no way near ready for first team football yet. But yes, Kiwomya is one to watch out for the future.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You