KRC Genk 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen the game yet unfortunately but I've thought since Saturday that our real test will be against Blackburn and not Genk.

Also, re: a comment made earlier about Torres about him being "completely marked out" of the game... jeez if Torres was marked out of the game by KRC Genk defenders........................ :D anyway I still would like to see his performance against Blackburn before concluding whether he's gone back to his 10/11 'form'.

Haven't seen the game yet unfortunately but I've thought since Saturday that our real test will be against Blackburn and not Genk.

Also, re: a comment made earlier about Torres about him being "completely marked out" of the game... jeez if Torres was marked out of the game by KRC Genk defenders........................ :D anyway I still would like to see his performance against Blackburn before concluding whether he's gone back to his 10/11 'form'.

he wasn't that bad

Our players are playing like they dont care....or even if they do....they dont care as much as they should....

Wheres the passion?? do they only have it when we're down to 9 men? or being humiliated already?

So you hit the post and missed a penalty....big shit.

What about the rest of the game?

Our gameplay looks so mechanical, its fuckin stupid.

Mata is going to slowly lose his creativity playing in a team with so many problems.

Cant keep a clean sheet.

Defense should be benched. Terry should be benched. Bosingwa should be tied to a rope that only goes till half line and back. Alex should play now till he is sold with Luiz.....2 brazilians ...good communication. Left Ashley and right Ivanovic....hes a good RB.

midfield should re integrate with the human world....they are lost in some mechanical world where it seems they are most of the time pre programmed to make a specific pass and follow that by a specific run....by which time the ball is lost and our magnificent high line look like turtles while a through ball is made and some passionate opposition player tears apart our tactically inept defense....

Attacking wise, Torres doesnt try hard enough. However, the arsenal game boils my blood... Torres would have scored 2 ...maybe 3 in the first 5 mins had players passed it to him when we were in 4 on 2 , 3 on 1 situations.

All our players seem to take one touch.....one more touch.....one more touch..... W T F Is wrong with you idiots. Pass the ball you selfish cunts.

Sadly, this season my emotions toward chelsea are anger,....only anger.....i dont get excited when we play....only nervous.

There is hardly any passion from these guys. AVB needs to make changes. He has screwed up our defense by this high line and his style of management lacks the ability to infuse passion and performances from players on a day to day basis. Inciting passion when we're down to 9 is not enough.

Trash the high line. Trash it. I dont know why someone in London hasnt gone to a Home game with a big banner saying " Trash the High Line, AVB"

Such a lack of Drive and creativity in that performance. Once again with Anelka and Malouda out wide we slowed the play right down and was barely creating anything around the box of any meaning. Malouda seemed determined to not put the ball in the box at the right time and wait till it could be blocked by a defender.

The only real positive for me was again Romeu. Really starting to see we have got ourselves a major gem in this guy. Not a foot wrong and is always in the right position, didn't give away any sloppy fouls and broke up play. Starting to become a big fan of Romeu.

Our players are playing like they dont care....or even if they do....they dont care as much as they should....

Wheres the passion?? do they only have it when we're down to 9 men? or being humiliated already?

So you hit the post and missed a penalty....big shit.

What about the rest of the game?

Our gameplay looks so mechanical, its fuckin stupid.

Mata is going to slowly lose his creativity playing in a team with so many problems.

Cant keep a clean sheet.

Defense should be benched. Terry should be benched. Bosingwa should be tied to a rope that only goes till half line and back. Alex should play now till he is sold with Luiz.....2 brazilians ...good communication. Left Ashley and right Ivanovic....hes a good RB.

midfield should re integrate with the human world....they are lost in some mechanical world where it seems they are most of the time pre programmed to make a specific pass and follow that by a specific run....by which time the ball is lost and our magnificent high line look like turtles while a through ball is made and some passionate opposition player tears apart our tactically inept defense....

Attacking wise, Torres doesnt try hard enough. However, the arsenal game boils my blood... Torres would have scored 2 ...maybe 3 in the first 5 mins had players passed it to him when we were in 4 on 2 , 3 on 1 situations.

All our players seem to take one touch.....one more touch.....one more touch..... W T F Is wrong with you idiots. Pass the ball you selfish cunts.

Sadly, this season my emotions toward chelsea are anger,....only anger.....i dont get excited when we play....only nervous.

There is hardly any passion from these guys. AVB needs to make changes. He has screwed up our defense by this high line and his style of management lacks the ability to infuse passion and performances from players on a day to day basis. Inciting passion when we're down to 9 is not enough.

Trash the high line. Trash it. I dont know why someone in London hasnt gone to a Home game with a big banner saying " Trash the High Line, AVB"

Theres no passion this season? Did you happen to watch us last year? The players seem twice as passionate this year. Last year was embarissing and nobody seemed to give a shit, not to mention the most boring football known to man. I just think we need to slowly replace most of our players and replace them with some younger, more enthusiastic players.

I had that feeling also. Although the game against Arsenal wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests, we still created, but our defence was totally fucked... I expressed my concern before that the team (especially the defensive line) might have been unsettled because of Terry, not sure though. And today we didn't play our best squad either, add in some complacency... take away Lamps and Mata, you take away 90% of our creativity. Take away Sturridge and you lose the biggest goal threat. As soon as the trio came on, our game got better.

Lampard was awful when he came on. He misplaced most of his passes and missed an open net. I personally think Meireles is much more creative

Has Torres ever gotten one through ball this season?, the only one i can remember is the United match from Anelka, and he scored, from such a good angle. Torres is a player who loves his through balls, at Liverpool he relied on his pace and beaten defenders and there offside traps, when he gets a pass from this team he has his back to goal... our assistance is just shocking, Mata maybe a creative player, but i think we need that other deep lying one in Lampards position definitely.

Have to agree with romeu, went to goodison last wednesday and he was our best player by a country mile. So good and confident on the ball. While i still like and support avb, im so disheartened with the malouda and anelka situation. There both awful examples of modern footballers, just choosing when and where they want to play. Malouda pass to terry saturday was so half arsed, he did the same against everton on wednesday and passed it straight to saha who missed. The worry i had before about avb managing older proven players looks like its coming true, they should have nothing to do with chelsea starting 11 and yet there getting plenty game time. Doesnt help that torres spends more time moaning and blaming other players (not verbally, watch his body language when he plays) then actually working. Sturridge should be allowed to have 5 bad games before we consider dropping/resting him, hes young and needs to learn the hard way in order to get better and he has bags of potential, but seems to suffer because hes younger and easier to drop. Did anyone actually agree with resting mata last night? another strange decision that managers think players need resting all the time, dont get it myself.

a typical chelsea performance i would say. we just keep blowing hot and cold. i think we were quite good in the first half . could n should have put the game to rest there itself. the starting 20 minutes of 2nd half were horrendous. but very strangely that has been the trend this season that we cant keep a lead and wilt under the first sign of pressure (arsenalesque performances). i dont think we let a lead slip even once last season but this season we have already lost one and now drawn with genk. its high time that AVB accepts that its far more important to win matches rather than play soothin to the eye football (which we dont play unless mata is on the field). he really needs to sort out the defense and the high defense line.

positives- romeu, raul and sturridge( given that drogba is not in a good moment n torres is not yet there, i think it would be good to see sturriddge play in the center. he looks far more dangerous there rather on the right or left).

Doesnt help that torres spends more time moaning and blaming other players (not verbally, watch his body language when he plays) then actually working.

I noticed against Genk that one time he was sort of making a run, or was just open... he was on the left and the play was happening on the right. So when he didn't get a pass he shook his shoulders or arms or whatnot, but it showed that he was annoyed with something.

Bleh crap times but you knew this was gana happen.Soon as we get a chance of easy qulaiftcation we fuck up and it was never gana be an easy game away from home and all.

Shit performance but...what can you do really?Move on hopfully....least we didnt loose and all

Ill admit, i wasnt a fan of torres as a player before he joined so maybe im over critical but i have never watched him play and seen a player whos enjoying playing for chelsea. His body language is awful, i dont think you have to be an expert to see that. You get the spoilt, petulant attitude with alot of strikers, remeber drogba and ballack arguing over a free kick, but the difference is you always excused it because theyve delivered time and time again for us. I think weve all seen drogba act petulant but all cfc fans knew that it was because he had such a desire to win and we could except it. .Suarez is the same at liverpool, he has a go everytime the ball isnt played to him, like drogba thats because he desperately wants to get hold of the ball and try and win the game for l'pool and the difference is hes been unbelievably good when hes had the ball so you cant complain. A strikers primary job is to finish, hes finishing has been a worldwide joke since hes joined yet he moans at others???. AVB wants to play a hard working up tempo pressing game yet plays torres, maloda and anelka, hes gotta be joking. I run more on a sunday then those 3 combined.