KRC Genk 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody think the whole Terry situation has unsettled the squad just a little? Not saying it's a team rift at all just that the team seems discombobulated right now.

Hmm. I was just thinking about this, I think stories like this like when the whole cheating scandal came out effect the team more than we think.

Does anybody think the whole Terry situation has unsettled the squad just a little? Not saying it's a team rift at all just that the team seems discombobulated right now.

I had that feeling also. Although the game against Arsenal wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests, we still created, but our defence was totally fucked... I expressed my concern before that the team (especially the defensive line) might have been unsettled because of Terry, not sure though. And today we didn't play our best squad either, add in some complacency... take away Lamps and Mata, you take away 90% of our creativity. Take away Sturridge and you lose the biggest goal threat. As soon as the trio came on, our game got better.

A very weak performance against a side that is currently 6th in the Belgian top flight. Errant passes galore. The players didn't look like they were on the same page for most of the match. I will say that I think that Genk played well, but c'mon you have to beat the minnows in this competition. Sorry, but with this game and what happened last Saturday, I'm starting to have awful flashbacks of our bad "moment" last season that started roughly around this time of year.

A very weak performance against a side that is currently 6th in the Belgian top flight.

we aren't far away from them in our standings table are we ?

There used to be a time when we could say DD will be on the score sheet and he would score... similarly there was a time when you see Torres in Liverpool's lineup and you are sure that guy will bag atleast one goal for them and he would...

but right now we can't say the same for either of those 2 strikers ... what happened to these 2 players ... they were in such form couple of season's ago and now they are in total contrast to that.

RIght now in the Chelsea dug out we don't have a single player(striker) whom we can be sure will strike for us :(

we aren't far away from them in our standings table are we ?

There used to be a time when we could say DD will be on the score sheet and he would score... similarly there was a time when you see Torres in Liverpool's lineup and you are sure that guy will bag atleast one goal for them and he would...

but right now we can't say the same for either of those 2 strikers ... what happened to these 2 players ... they were in such form couple of season's ago and now they are in total contrast to that.

RIght now in the Chelsea dug out we don't have a single player(striker) whom we can be sure will strike for us :(

There is one, and he's being played out of position....