KRC Genk 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been probably one of the biggest supporters of Torres since he got here, but even I'm starting to lose faith in him.

Anyone else feel this way? We should give Sturridge some chances at CF.

Understandable.

However he was trying as usual, so can't write him off yet. He's got his instincts returning, it's like the commentator said "he's passing when he should be running & running when he should be passing". Hasn't been easy, with the domestic suspension and all. Keep the faith though, he's still coming back. He's been on worse form.

We should tell our whole team to fuck off, they aren't showing the passion for the club. 1-1 against Genk is terrible... You could definitely see that AVB where desperate to change the look of the game, but the only positives we got from the changes he made where Mata.. Tired of seing those shitty matches our players perform, they get about £800 000 and still can't make a good pass on an open space where an attack could have been made... Our players desperately want to pass the ball sideways..

Cech - 6 - had relatively little to do; a couple of decent one-on-ones but helpless with the goal, largely due to Cole being in his line of vision.

Bosingwa - 3 - I'd love to play against him as a winger, because he can't defend for the love of God. Woeful performance, equally underwhelming going forward too.

Ivanovic - 5 - from the rock solid defender that held us together last season to an out-and-out liability. His ability to read situations really has diminished recently.

Luiz - 6 - penalty miss aside, Luiz was solid and put in a decent shift. Probably our most consistent attacking force, he defended well and though too casual with the penalty, I admire his courage to take the kick.

Cole - 7 - one of the few bright sparks. Though we are defensively shambolic, the one player who has retained his qualities defensively and offensively is Cole. Tonight was his best showing so far this season.

Romeu - 7 - another composed performance from this young man. His disciplined play is remarkable for such a young player, but he has excellent confidence and helped spread the play well.

Ramires - 7 - we lost all rigidity after he went off. His lung-bursting performance was capped with a brilliantly-taken goal. Such a wonderful talent.

Meireles - 5 - I'm a big fan of Meireles but he was off-key today. His passes were often stray, but he was so unlucky to first hit the bar then see his header saved. Silly yellow card may come back to haunt him.

Anelka - 3 - utterly useless.

Malouda - 5 - he did more than the other two 'attackers' and made a couple of decent forays forward. His crossing was the most accurate and effective from our wide players.

Torres - 3 - did he touch the ball? Did he do anything of note? The man has an assist to his name which will no doubt be sufficient enough to paper over what was an abysmally-poor performance. We were effectively playing with ten men for most of the game; he showed little desire to make the runs he usually does, and his decision-making was poor.

Sub: Lampard - 6 - you get the same old play from Lampard. More drive was added when he came on; should have scored though, woeful miss.

Sub: Sturridge - 6 - very lively, did more in 20 minutes than Torres has done in the last 180.

Sub: Mata - 5 - quiet, but you might expect that with such a late introduction. Should have started tonight.

Villas-Boas under-estimated this side with his team selection, but the players are to blame. Complacency has made this group so much more harder now. This Champions League group would be done and dusted but for two penalties. Not a happy bunny, going to go and rape some fuckers on Call of Duty to calm myself down. Match report to come tomorrow when I'm feeling a bit more diplomatic with my language.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I'm a huge supporter of Torres but the last two games have been head scratchers for me. United, Swansea, Valencia, and the first Genk game, his movement and attacking were quality in those games. Yes, he got an assist tonight, but he too often seemed to be missing. I'm not a shrink and not going to pretend to be one. All I want to see is some better service to him and for him to show us a little more. Just don't think he showed enough tonight tbf.

In fairness Torres was absolutely marked out of the game today, but he made very little effort to get involved. That pisses me off more than anything. I'd rather him do what Sturridge did against Arsenal; try - and be shit - but at least try. No effort really, really racks me off.

In fairness Torres was absolutely marked out of the game today, but he made very little effort to get involved. That pisses me off more than anything. I'd rather him do what Sturridge did against Arsenal; try - and be shit - but at least try. No effort really, really racks me off.

I don't see his performance as that passionless. Certainly be comparison of the others.

He was always looking to be on the ball and look to get into good chances. His assist for Ramires was very good, a perfectly weighted ball. It's not as if his contribution was any worse, on the contrary he was the most effective.

Oh noesss we drew to Genk we are in a crisis,we must sell all of our players and bring in Messi,C Ronaldo,Benzema,Neymar,Aguero and fit the all in a 5 attacking man formation.We will finish 10th this season because we are shit.

Someone help us please :doh::chai:

I wasn't happy with his performance. He's either not in the right positions or is following instructions to play a certain way. Whatever the case, he still seems to be on a different wavelength with his teammates. How many chance balls seem to be always exactly where he isn't? There's something going on there.

But I'm not going to buy the he isn't trying tag either. Should he throw in a few headless chicken runs, scream into the camera to show he cares, he really, really cares? He's trying, but he's being marked out, his movement and positioning isn't good enough, etc. But he's trying. Just a shit week for him.

I get depressed whenever both Malouda and Anelka are playing. Imo both of them slow the play down, no urgency, no penetration... Anelka can be creative and incisive when he feels like it. Tonight he didn't feel like it. And yet again we conceded from our right side... Genk kept bombing from their left and eventually it paid off. Our weak side is too obvious.

I get depressed whenever both Malouda and Anelka are playing. Imo both of them slow the play down, no urgency, no penetration... Anelka can be creative and incisive when he feels like it. Tonight he didn't feel like it. And yet again we conceded from our right side... Genk kept bombing from their left and eventually it paid off. Our weak side is too obvious.

Malouda was slightly better, he used his experience to make some good runs. However it's a shame he couldn't make correct decisions about crossing..

Malouda was slightly better, he used his experience to make some good runs. However it's a shame he couldn't make correct decisions about crossing..

Always took few more touches than he should have.

That's what is frustrating. He can make good runs and all, but his pace, dribbling, crossing and decision making is far from world class. We have so many players who are past it it's unbelievable. And I still think he slowed the game down... not as much as Anelka though, Mikel is quick as a flash next to him.