KRC Genk 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Torres ever gotten one through ball this season?, the only one i can remember is the United match from Anelka, and he scored, from such a good angle. Torres is a player who loves his through balls, at Liverpool he relied on his pace and beaten defenders and there offside traps, when he gets a pass from this team he has his back to goal... our assistance is just shocking, Mata maybe a creative player, but i think we need that other deep lying one in Lampards position definitely.

everyone needs to give him a break, look, when he as "bad" game for us, he supplies an assist... dont give me this crap that he isnt trying, he trying to adapt to a totally new system....

he'll go good, give it time...

a player isnt as big as the club i understand, but torres can and will do us a lot of good FOR the club...

give him some support

Actually Torres could've had another assist when Meireles struck the bar... but his assist to Ramires was very good. He was efficient from time to time, but generally got lost. And he also should take his fair share of blame for the Genk goal. Tbf Liverpool fans have always said that Torres was the kind of striker who can go missing for most of the game, but still get a goal or two from the chances he inevitably gets during the game... The thing is he doesn't get as many chances here per game as he did at Liverpool, but when he does, his finishing has let him down (unheard of from Torres, finishing ability was/is his main weapon)... BUT this season we have seen that he can recover, because we've seen some nice finishes from him which remind us of the old Torres. Now if he can be consistent in scoring and taking the chances he gets, I couldn't care less if he's in the picture or not... I can't remember one solid opportunity he had against Genk.

Pre-Arsenal we were all "El Nino is definitely back", and post-Arsenal we are already saying "here we go again"... How quickly things change. And I don't blame the fans, he hasn't been as good in the past 2 games as he was in previous games, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. He might bounce back sooner than we think. Those 2 games (arsanal and genk) were bad spells for the whole team, everybody sucked... Torres is usually good when the team also plays good.

goalkeeper: cech

defense: bosingwa - ivanovic - david luiz - cole

midfield: meireles - ramires (lampard 65min) - romeu (mata 76min.)

attack: anelka (sturridge 65min.) - torres - malouda

damn.. we could not win away vs genk, cause we dind´t play good enough to win, we should be much better vs genk!!

damn.. we need a creative playmaker with techniques, this can´t go on this way, we definetly need more techniques in london!!

damn.. i wanna see chelsea playing like fc barcelona, barca´s offensive attractive technique football style is just amazing to watch!!