KRC Genk 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Always took few more touches than he should have.

Yeah, there was 2-3 where it was actually a good ball but no-one to convert. He played in Meireles, would've been a good goal.

That's what is frustrating. He can make good runs and all, but his pace, dribbling, crossing and decision making is far from world class. We have so many players who are past it it's unbelievable. And I still think he slowed the game down... not as much as Anelka though, Mikel is quick as a flash next to him.

Yes, that's true.

Anelka is a fast player, so it was slightly surprising he didn't expose it more. Sturridge used his pace with his first real attack and that should've led to a goal by Lampard.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness Torres was absolutely marked out of the game today, but he made very little effort to get involved. That pisses me off more than anything. I'd rather him do what Sturridge did against Arsenal; try - and be shit - but at least try. No effort really, really racks me off.

He always seems to be marked off but all I can say is that an in form Torres would've been more than a match for this Genk defense. Spirited as they may be I can't be content with a striker of his ability unable to find ways passed their defense. It's not just that he has been wasteful, but that he can't seem to find his way into the game. I know he hasn't been receiving an anywhere near satisfactory service that most strikers would command, I mean for all of Messi's blistering runs, and one man goals internationally he doesn't always perform- many say its due to his lack of Iniesta/Xavi service. But Messi or even a Aguero, Suarez, Ronaldo would've made himself heard and pestered the most rigid of defenses into the game one way or another. On his day he can be a nuisance but its how often one can that makes you a world class player. I just hope it clicks soon like it did with Dzeko, and further hope that he can reach the lethal heights that Aguero and Van Persie are setting - we all know he has the ability.

We need a scorer, and especially a playmaker There is, for me, no one at chelsea who knows how to run the game effectively and who can deliver good balls that can make a difference ( if I'm wrong, thank you for reassuring me:))

but it is clear that I do not vibrate as much before a Chelsea game for a while ... but I believe!

Dont think Torres played particularly well but he didn't have a shocker as people here would have you believe! Take a deep breath and watch the rerun of the game with an open mind and you might see the runs and drifts into open spaces that Torres did indeed make. Shame noone else seemed to lift their head up while running with the ball (im looking at you, malouda)!

Btw before anyone starts to go ballistic, I am NOT saying Torres played well, infact he could have done better with the odd loose ball that went his way but to expect him to somehow conjure up a goal is being delusional! He needs the likes of Mata or Josh to slide him that ball ahead of the defender in that open space!

My opinion that we should have brought Falcao in the summer holds more substance now, Torres has done ok this season but with Falcao we know what were gunna get, goals and lots of them.

For me the solution is : If Torres continue like that he must go , i January , and we must buy 1-2 TOP Quality players , like Cavani,Gomez,Tevez,Higuain. and of course a playmaker, Modric would be perfect , Moutinho sounds like a second Deco , very good player , and even Kaka could be a good buy.This team with these players are not a team that could win the Premier League.

My opinion that we should have brought Falcao in the summer holds more substance now, Torres has done ok this season but with Falcao we know what were gunna get, goals and lots of them.

You can't make the claim though. New country, new league.

We need a scorer, and especially a playmaker There is, for me, no one at chelsea who knows how to run the game effectively and who can deliver good balls that can make a difference ( if I'm wrong, thank you for reassuring me:))

but it is clear that I do not vibrate as much before a Chelsea game for a while ... but I believe!

Mata?

Falcao doesn't score either when he doesn't get service from his Atletico Madrid teammates. The team went thru a stretch where they only scored in 2 games out of 7.

And yes, on the AM board, questions were asked about why they just spent all of the Aguero money on Falcao.

I don't know what the secret of AVB negligence Alex?!!! I swear it is much better than Ivanovic, but I don't know what AVB causes favoring Ivanovic conviction Alex!!!

AVB must remedy the situation, and the exclusion of Ivanovic and Bosingwa from the starting line, and next to Alex development with JT and Luiz right-back! please try this squad AVB and to see results!!!

this team is one of the most talented team in the champions league and in all of football (soccer)...

i just dont get why the players cant connect...

Flo and Torres = HELL NO! flo is a huge ball hog...

maybe we need a switch of formation to better suite our attack

4-2-3-1 maybe???

Ivan-Luiz-Terry-Cole

----Meireles-Obi (Romeu)----

Danny-Lampard-Mata

---------Torres---------

that way our forward attack will have fantastic long balls to better suite torres, two def. mid fielders to help our ever so slipping (no pun intended) back line and mata and danny can be free to roam, while Frank finally plays that CAM pos that better suites his game...

and as for torres, we need to help him out, cause i know, the minute we sell him, he will go off and score goals left and right... we are a wayy different team than LFC, and we need that forward attack to suite our #9...

keep the faith!!!

Im going to add a bit of realism to this.

We need a point in the last 2 games to be through, more often than not 9 is enough. We won our home games drew our away games which is the main rule in football.

We just need to go through i could not care less if it is first or second if we want to win this we will have to play and beat atleast two of the elite teams anyway.

Disapointing result yes but lets not go overboard qualification is still well and truly in our hands, its not like this result has left us on the brink.