QPR 1-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to put the sense of injustice aside,

We really should have started better. Whenever we've played with intensity, we've done well. The tepid start was baffling considering the result at OT. It gave QPR just the opening they would have wanted in their biggest game of the season at home. They played off the buzz their crowd created and got stuck into us. We were reduced to the dreadful sideways and backwards passing that defined Carlo's second season.

The penalty was a shocker - there's no way you should allow the ball to bounce inside the box but their striker had fouled Luiz in the buildup outside the box and that's where that play should have stopped. Still to come back was eminently possible up until Drogba lost his head. Can't decide who was worse between Drogba and Mikel in the first half. I still don't get why we needed to play Mikel against fucking QPR.

AVB needs to take a look at his subs as well, how Sturridge was taken off instead of Drogba is beyond me, perhaps he'll let us know in his pressers in the coming days.

At the time it looked the correct sub to be honest. You need a man who can take on two players upfront and Drogba has the reputation to do that. But he was just poor as was the entire team in the first half.

8 Shots 9

3 Shots On Target 2

2 Saves 4

0 Corners 6

7 Offsides 0

10 Goalkicks 11

17 Fouls (Committed) 17

13 Throws 25

41 Ball Possession 59

Considering the fact we were bloody awful in the first half and hardly attacked...hats off, the nine men, hats off.

oh really... just remove 2 players from each n see where these 2 go. messi n xavi, ronaldo n pepe...

Barca have played the season so far with any combo of Puyol, Pique, Sanchez and Iniesta out. Understandably, they've had some bad results but losing Torres and Ramires shouldn't have affected Chelsea for QPR. That's just not acceptable for a title contender. Drogba, Lampard, Mata, Meireles and company in decent form should handle QPR easily. The team was sluggish at the start and Foy's decisions just completely rattled them. Drogba finished it off with his red. A 10 man Chelsea should have still been good enough to grab a point. But with only 9 men, it just turned into desperation. Foy's penalty call and red for Bos were questionable but once Chelsea were down to 9 and it was all out craziness, you can't entirely blame Foy for letting it go out control. He was completely responsible for the shit call on Bos. That one he owns.

'I am very proud of the team,' said the 34-year-old. 'I don't have a problem with discipline, I have a problem with referees applying discipline. Penalties can be given or not given, but if he gives a soft penalty like that he has to give soft penalties in the box in our chances on the opposite side as well. I don't know what is the difference.

'If you give a penalty like that, if there is a shove or something like that, he has to concede a lot in the opposite box, so there is a difference of criteria there which doesn't [make] us happy. The judgment used was not the same.

'I have nothing to say about Didier's sending off because it seems fair to me, but it doesn't seem fair to me that Bosingwa was sent off because JT was in a position of cover and I think a yellow card should have been applied.

'Further to that I do not know, I cannot understand the difference of judgment from the referee, not only the major decisions but the fouls, the throw-ins. I just cannot understand it. Maybe I can be proven wrong but I have to share my disappointment from what I see.'

The manager explained that he had spoken to Mr Foy after the game.

'I was aggressive to him but I think I have to be,' he said. I don't care if he is okay or not, everybody can have a bad day, but this was not a bad day for us, it was a good day for us but it was a bad day for the referee.

'It is not a conspiracy theory, they take us into bands and [being called] cry babies. We are not cry babies; we are tough people like we showed today... but at the moment this pattern is happening. We are showing commitment and strength in depth to react to it and hopefully things will eventually go our way.

'On a normal situation with a normal referee with good judgement towards both games we win the game.'

Barca have played the season so far with any combo of Puyol, Pique, Sanchez and Iniesta out. Understandably, they've had some bad results but losing Torres and Ramires shouldn't have affected Chelsea for QPR. That's just not acceptable for a title contender. Drogba, Lampard, Mata, Meireles and company in decent form should handle QPR easily. The team was sluggish at the start and Foy's decisions just completely rattled them. Drogba finished it off with his red. A 10 man Chelsea should have still been good enough to grab a point. But with only 9 men, it just turned into desperation. Foy's penalty call and red for Bos were questionable but once Chelsea were down to 9 and it was all out craziness, you can't entirely blame Foy for letting it go out control. He was completely responsible for the shit call on Bos. That one he owns.

precisely... how can we say that we were BAD on this match... 33 mins into the match n we were 2 men down ( not that drogab was makin any difference but still).

plus we were down to the softest pen call i ve ever seen...

Just got done watching the match. What an absolute crock of shit. The penalty against Luiz was beyond soft. If that moron Foy is going to call every nudge in a game, he should've called the nudge Helguson gave Luiz outside the box immediately preceding the penalty call. The Bos red card was ridiculous. Absolutely livid about that one. It should certainly be rescinded, but I don't see that happening. Drogs' red was a forward's tackle if I ever saw one, so I don't really have a problem with that.

Not really too much to analyze as far as our play. We spun our wheels in the first half until Bos got sent off. We continued to do so until Drogba got sent off shortly thereafter. Then we were down to 9 and had to climb a mountain. What a shitty match. Thanks Chris Foy, you asshole.

Everybody has said it all but I"ll sum up my thoughts so I can move on:

1. Lesson 1 my daughter learned defending as a U10 player - don't let the ball bounce.

2. How was that a red on Bosingwa? Terry was there. How was that a goal scoring opportunity? It's SWP for God's sake.

3. Thought at the time Drogba should've been sacrificed instead of Drogba based on how poorly Drogba was playing.

4. Drogba made a stupid decision when the team was already down a man and down a goal. His response to Mikel was even more disappointing.

5. Whatever AVB said to the team at half and the tactics were spot on. How embarrassing for QPR they were on their heels for the second half.

6. The 9 men on the pitch including the subs were absolutely amazing. That kind of passion and determination fans can absolutely 110% get behind.