QPR 1-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

SAF after defeat: openly attacked his players, namely ferdinand and evra.

AVB after defeat: starts his interview by congratulating his players on their unbelievable effort.

in this instance BOTH managers were correct ...If I had been SAF I would have blamed more than TWO ,,,

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's for all of you who were mouthing before the game, especially robdog. Hope you have a bad week.

LOL !!! were you watching the match ?

we were amazing, LUCK(in the form of referee) has always been against us ... whats wrong in putting confidence in our lads... I see nothing wrong in it ! :)

3. Thought at the time Drogba should've been sacrificed instead of Drogba based on how poorly Drogba was playing.

I was thinking about this and it is probably because Drogba is more experienced and Danny still has to improve some parts of his game. But Drogba is absolutly shocking, he should be behind Torres and Anelka in the pecking order, probably even behind Lukaku.

AVB needs to take a look at his subs as well, how Sturridge was taken off instead of Drogba is beyond me, perhaps he'll let us know in his pressers in the coming days.

I'd also let Didier play and would take off Danny 'cause Drogs has more experience and that was probably also what AVB thought. How shall he know Drogs would get sent off? I mean Danny and Drogs were both playing not good. After getting one man sent off it's just logical to let the more experienced players play.

in this instance BOTH managers were correct ...If I had been SAF I would have blamed more than TWO ,,,

City certainly played well ! Thats just an eye opener to show every other team out there that United have some gaping holes in their defense and can be torn apart easily !

I'd also let Didier play and would take off Danny 'cause Drogs has more experience and that was probably also what AVB thought. How shall he know Drogs would get sent off? I mean Danny and Drogs were both playing not good. After getting one man sent off it's just logical to let the more experienced players play.

This. Add to this drogba's general defensive duties on set-plays and it was really a no-brainer at the time...

That's for all of you who were mouthing before the game, especially robdog. Hope you have a bad week.

Yeah was about to mention that as well...But didn't want this to be another "I told you so..."...

Even then this result was too much for anyone to handle... even for the rabid QPR fans

Everybody has said it all but I"ll sum up my thoughts so I can move on:

1. Lesson 1 my daughter learned defending as a U10 player - don't let the ball bounce.

I love, love Luiz, I do. But the thing I can say about him is he's fundamentally unreliable as a CB. And that's just about the worst thing you can say about a CB when they're supposed to be 100% bedrock solid. He is supremely gifted but is seriously lacking in Defense 101--just the very basics. He can do everything physically but his decision making and positioning border on childish.

Why will I have a bad week??? I just saw 9 man Chelsea come close to getting a result. If it wasn't for a sham ref job, we would have fuckin' won. I saw mad heart out there from the Blues. If we would have lost 3-0 then I would be pissed. We were robbed & the whole world saw it. I am still laughing @ qpha. 2 man advantage & couldn't score. Damn near didn't even get their penalty.

Err ...

Tony Fernandes, the new majority owner of west London soccer team Queens Park Rangers, already has interests in the Premier League: A company he founded sponsors the referees.

Tune Group Sdn. Bhd. -- parent company of the budget airline AirAsia, controlled by the tycoon since 2001 -- agreed on a three-year contract last year to have its brand emblazoned on the uniforms of match officials. The Professional Game Match Officials board said the deal was worth “seven figures.”

Fernandes, announced today as QPR’s owner, said he’s spoken to the Premier League about the agreement and doesn’t think it’s a problem.

“I actually conveniently forgot about it,” Fernandes, chief executive officer of AirAsia, said in an interview at QPR’s stadium. “I don’t think any referees are going to say ‘Tune is sponsoring me so I am going to make sure QPR win.’”

The officials board said today the sponsorship is a “valued partnership.”

“There is no direct contact between Tune and PGMO officials, and this will continue,” PGMO said in a statement. “The sponsorship was agreed by the PGMO board, made up of an independent chairman and representatives from the Football Association, Premier League and Football League.”

England’s top division is the richest in world soccer, with its latest three-year television contract generating about 3 billion pounds ($4.9 billion). The matches are available in 211 territories and reach 650 million households, according to league figures.

Fernandes bought a 66 percent share in QPR, which was promoted at the end of last season, from Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore, his partner. The billionaire Mittal family will retain one-third of the club.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-18/new-qpr-owner-tony-fernandes-sponsors-premier-league-s-referees.html

Watching the Genk game I was laughing at Ray's comments about Luiz. He sounded like a proud but exasperated father. He said he should be a DM because he was never in the position to play as a CB. I think we all love Luiz because he scores crazy goals, because he has crazy skills, and how can you not love that personality which doesn't seem to have an ounce of malice? It makes it easier for us to overlook some of his bad Sideshow Bob moments but there are times when you just shake your head in exasperation.

This. Add to this drogba's general defensive duties on set-plays and it was really a no-brainer at the time...

would be true if it was the Old Drog not this miserable imitation

Why will I have a bad week??? I just saw 9 man Chelsea come close to getting a result. If it wasn't for a sham ref job, we would have fuckin' won. I saw mad heart out there from the Blues. If we would have lost 3-0 then I would be pissed. We were robbed & the whole world saw it. I am still laughing @ qpha. 2 man advantage & couldn't score. Damn near didn't even get their penalty.

You were saying how we should spank them silly etc.

I know, only watched the first half and they did nothing. Will try to download the second half.

You were saying how we should spank them silly etc.

I know, only watched the first half and they did nothing. Will try to download the second half.

do you think qpha actually outplayed chels??? I don't. Chelsea had more possession. Chelsea looked to be the enterprising side. If it wasn't for the ref's decisions, I think I would have seen the match played the way I thought it would be played. I have nothing to be ashamed of. I just saw a 9 man Chelsea PREVENT qpha from scoring. Nope, I have nothing but pride for the Blues today!!! hell even at the end of the match, qpha couldn't even celebrate correctly, they were arguing w/ each other :rolleyes:

True, but a manager who respects his player doesn't embarrass them in public, to me it sounded as if he was saying "don't look at me, it was my players fault" instead of taking responsibility for the defeat because after all that is his job.