Valencia 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

dont know why torres was subbed off??? no reason for him not to play 90 mins with him missing 3 matches and being our only strike force in the game, and closest to scoring goals (for OUR team...the ones in blue......Kalou?)...

never been a kalou fan, and this just pushed me over the edge..

have NO idea why Nico Torres Mata didnt start up front... :doh:

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember you liked diego alves, he did well yeasterday. tho local boy guaita seems to be first choice in the league. btw the portuguese way to write alves is with an s rather than z, i think using z is the spanish way

Yeah for sure haha! To be honest, I'd lost track of him and didn't even know he'd signed for Valencia before yesterday! Good to see he's at a very good club now, no disrespect to Almeria. Spain's got a very good selection of goal keepers in their league; Casillas, Valdes, Courtois, Alves ect.

And oh! Cheers for that :)

As far as I believe that André Villas-Boas should have played Drogba instead of Kalou (Because Didier needs match fitness), I find the fact that many people are accusing our manager for the goal is simply stupid. Did André could have figured that Kalou would have given away a penalty ? He just didn't know that Kalou was stupid enough to make such an act, plain as that.

As far as I believe that André Villas-Boas should have played Drogba instead of Kalou (Because Didier needs match fitness), I find the fact that many people are accusing our manager for the goal is simply stupid. Did André could have figured that Kalou would have given away a penalty ? He just didn't know that Kalou was stupid enough to make such an act, plain as that.

At last, some sense!

The substitute wasn't as ridiculous as it seems. Lampard deserved an ovation for his goal, plus he was tired anyway! We were content with the one-goal lead and inviting pressure to play on the counter, so we needed pace on the wings, hence Kalou's introduction. It just back-fired. Who's to say the same wouldn't have happened if Drogba came on?

1 Ramires off...our player with the most stamina of all and playing well..Mereiles a good shout . Ram got a knock in the first half ..perhaps he was feeling it or sub was a precaution.

I think that his role against Bolton will be as preponderant as it was against Swansea: hinder the adverse midfield with a high intensity pressing (and god knows how Reo Coker is crap when he is under pressure) and drill the adverse line with his speed. It needs some freshness and he has already played a lot, because it's a role who needs energy to be even better, in addition to the ugly knock of Miguel in the first half the decision is logical. And also because replacing him by Meireles had the aim to keep the ball more.

Bolton is a team Ramires plays well against so for me it's the main reason of his early substitution

At last, some sense!

The substitute wasn't as ridiculous as it seems. Lampard deserved an ovation for his goal, plus he was tired anyway! We were content with the one-goal lead and inviting pressure to play on the counter, so we needed pace on the wings, hence Kalou's introduction. It just back-fired. Who's to say the same wouldn't have happened if Drogba came on?

Let me guarantee you something, Drogba would not have got half the abuse Kalou is getting :D.

I am on twitter strike :o because of the abuse Kalou is getting. I hate Chelsea fans sometimes. Not all them, but a lot of them. People need to get over themselves. I admit when I saw Kalou warming up with Drogba I said sit down Kalou because I would rather have Didier on but the abuse that poor Salomon is getting is uncalled for. It happens, get over it. Grand aul point.

At last, some sense!

I've been trying to get my head round those substitutions ...they were certainly more like we might have got with Ranieri (remember Monaco?)

This is my effort to explain the inexplicable.

1 Ramires off...our player with the most stamina of all and playing well..Mereiles a good shout . Ram got a knock in the first half ..perhaps he was

feeling it or sub was a precaution.

2 Torres off Anelka on . We needed to keep the ball when we got it forward so a reasonable sub

3 Lampard off Kalou on...At the time my reaction was WTF ...A sub to run down the clock??? Then leave it to added on time.

Drog had been warming up ..could have come on with Malouda dropping into midfield.Perhaps Drog had felt a twinge in warming up so wasn't

risked. In that case why not bringon Ivo ..

I'm not defending putting on Kalou ...just trying to explain how I think it might have happened

I didn't think AVB needed to change the personnel at all, we were playing well, creating plenty of chances & generally bossing the game.

Torres was being fouled all night, should of won a pen & their keeper made 2 great saves to deny him, has a 3 game domestic ban so would of made more sense to keep him on.

Ramires prob logical reasons so fair enough but he was destroying Valencia with his pace down the right side.

Lampard's substitution was baffling to me, he had his best game for a while but the most significant thing in this was that AVB had decided to stick for a 1 - 0 so was shutting up shop, to bring on Kalou ahead of Drogba when drogs is like another CB in our own box is a little strange when you are trying to defend a lead. That said we should have won the game without Kalou giving Valencia a helping hand (whoops!)

I think AVB will be privately disappointed with those subs & putting the shutters up early when he assesses the game, in his defence you cannot legislate for some poor finishing, great goalkeeping & Kalouless! I think most of us would of been happy with a draw beforehand. Happy with the performance, a little disappointed with the result but we are playing so much better than last season.

It will be interesting watching Luiz in the coming weeks - for me he was the most improved Chelsea player the other night. He was always dashing but seems to have tamed that 'rush of blood to the head' tendency. As they say, a mature and assured performance.

After each match day, i will try to bring you two different options for the game.

One descent quality that is available almost as soon as the game is done and which don't take a long time to download. The other HD version, but this one usually takes a couple of hours to upload, also if you don't have a premium account it will take you a lot longer to download.

And if you don't have a premium account i suggest you get one from Fileserve or Filesonic. They are the most popular sites to download, will get more download and only cost $9 a month.

KTBFFH

So you're Justin 3d with a new account then? Same avatar, from the US and posting match downlink links post game. How come?

I am on twitter strike :o because of the abuse Kalou is getting. I hate Chelsea fans sometimes. Not all them, but a lot of them. People need to get over themselves. I admit when I saw Kalou warming up with Drogba I said sit down Kalou because I would rather have Didier on but the abuse that poor Salomon is getting is uncalled for. It happens, get over it. Grand aul point.

Yeah its annoying when the abuse goes on and on...at this rate we'll be no better than Le'Arse fans (not that Kalou would do an Adebayor)..it was a stupid mistake but a mistake nonetheless...It just happened to be made by a player in poor form and one obviously held in poor regard...

If we can critique players for game performance, why not the manager? It's not anti-AVB to say that his subs for the game weren't top notch. Easy to do of course from our sofas with 20/20 hindsight. But that's why we watch the games and comment on the boards.

Kalou was idiotic, just like Torres was last weekend. He deserves criticism but not abuse.

Simples.

Yeah for sure haha! To be honest, I'd lost track of him and didn't even know he'd signed for Valencia before yesterday! Good to see he's at a very good club now, no disrespect to Almeria. Spain's got a very good selection of goal keepers in their league; Casillas, Valdes, Courtois, Alves ect.

And oh! Cheers for that smile.png

no worries mate. that they do...and a healthy selction of good cms too.