Mata Torres Sturridge - a dream team?

termninja

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jury is still firmly out for me. Id love to see studger have a great season for us but i was never impressed when he played the wide of the front 3 role last season and you cant really compare his loan situation at bolton to what he will be asked to do here. El nino is a favorite of mine and he has been playing well but unfortunately he is leading our attack and if he aint hitting the net I expect big didi to be reinstated sharpish. Mata ain't been here long enough but having followed him for a while and after his camio 2 weeks ago I have high expectations. KTBFFH

Your post was created at 06:43pm

And i posted this at on the Sturridge post.

Did your inspiration came from me? :Goober:

I've been thinking of this for quite a while, but I wasn't sure what other people think 'bout it. After I saw a couple of posts I decided to finally write it :)

With the squad we have and the way that Villas-Boas wants to play then this is our best forward line. I am sure we will see it tommorow and i hope it proves to be as successful as it should be. We really need to kick into gear now and hopefully playing these 3 will really push us on this season.

Potential yes..

But I don't want this to sound like the media crooning over the England national team every time a major tournament comes this way....

I'm keeping up my hopes up for this combo, but it'll take more than a couple of games with consistent performances before I start calling this a dream team.

Im really looking forward to seeing this Chelsea forward line play together. A very marked difference from the powerhouse type 3 of Malouda, Drogba and Anelka. A very classy, skillful front 3, all with pace, all players who can dribble past the opposition and all with a lot of flair, personally I think they can drive us to win the Premier League thiss eason.

I would love to see Mata- Anelka - Sturidge...

That would be nice to see, but it's not a solution. Anelka is 32 and we would still have 3 phenomenal strikers on our bench with him playing. Like it our not, Torres needs to play. He will either return to his old self, or he'll continue playing badly and be dropped. In that case Drogba or Lukaku will take his place.

I think Nico can play an important part in our squad this season, but he wouldn't be in my first XI.

Potentially , this is our best forward 3 , but i cant see AVB dropping Malouda. i doubt we will see these 3 tomorrow , i wouldn't be surprised to see a front 3 or Kalou - Torres - Malouda. Kalou's power of persuasion is far to great for Studge to get a look in :)

but in all seriousness i hope Danny and Mata get their chances i have to say i haven't been excited about two players for Chelsea in a long time. i never had high hopes for Torres , but with Mata about i think he will sort himself out and finally have someone who will take on a player so we dont see Malouda pass back to Cole 300 times in one game ;)

Looking forward to seeing them play!

Fans finally have a genuine reason to be excited with 2 quality players playing on the flanks instead of seeing the same old every week from Kalouda, the wind of change has arrived at last - a year or so too late but atleast we can look forward to some optimism in our offensive play but I would urge caution as its early doors.

I have no doubts that this front 3 can work but as I said yesterday our midfield is a work in progress. The front 3 can only be a success if they get the supply, so I hope that the ball distribution is quicker to start our attacks & there is better movement from the midfield to our attackers. It makes a welcome change to have some pace amongst the squad.

As for Torres, I will judge him from now where I expect him to get some service - if he is still not producing then he will get the axe & deservedly so.