Mata Torres Sturridge - a dream team?

termninja

Why is this a perfect front 3 in my opinion?

:cfc:Juan Mata :cfc:

21555996.jpg

He's a very complete footballer, but what's most important is that he offers crosses, great passes and through balls for Torres and a lot of movement all over the field. Best is yet to come from him. Look at Silva last year and look at him now ;)

Mata is one of the best buys ever for Chelsea and certainly our key player right now.

I may sound like I'm overrating him, but give it some time and you'll see.

:cfc:Fernando Torres :cfc:

66207019.jpg

Torres...so much talk about him. I firmly believe for a while we could still see the old El Nino, but for that to happen, he needs to start scoring regularly after some easily set up goals. It will make him a goal threat in his own mind and relieve him of the incredible pressure he is under when he plays.

Just take a look at Norwich match and when Mata was put in. One little flick, cross and BAM a chance for Torres.

That's what he's missing!

How many times did Malouda send a good cross for him or anybody else? All I've seen our french #15 do is to pass to the nearest player to his feet and try to score from death angles.

Please, I know that he's a 50m striker, but he is simply a type of a player who plays on his instinct and pace. He had a decent pre season and physically he should be great, but mentally he is not, but that's not only a problem. The problem is that our WHOLE team isn't creating too much chances and that's been going around for a while now.

You say old Torres blah blah blah. Why did he fire up the Europe when he came to Liverpool? Loads of goals he scored at Atletico that gave him an confidence injection and players like Gerrard, Xabi Alonso and Benayoun at Liverpool who bombarded him with balls.

Do the math, confidence + quality + chances = GOALS.

Take a look at it now at CFC.

Confidence= only 1 PL goal so far after countless matches, journos slating him everywhere and Del Bosque dropping him from the national team.

Quality= form is temporary and class is permanent. That is true and Fernando still has the clinical finishing, pace and good dribbling ability.

Chances= With Kalou and Malouda around you, you'd need to be Chuck Norris to score loads of goals, but probably even then, you'd be doing it by yourself, and not by chances created by those two.

Last but not the least,

:cfc:Daniel Sturridge :cfc:

36553237.jpg

In my honest opinion, the most talented English forward there is. He's very fast, his movement is very good and he can really hit that ball well. He's is also a player who likes to have freedom, and if he can form an understanding with Mata which I honestly think he can, the two of them can also rotate and terrorize the opponent's defenses.

What I'd like to see from Sturridge, is him playing on the right wing, in a role as Hulk had at Porto. This is honestly the only position he can get a chance on at CFC and imo he has the qualities to be successful, especially under Villas-Boas who really likes that kind of player. We will see for sure against Sunderland what he can do.

But, I'll explain you why this could be a dream team.

The three of them have qualities that blend in very well.

They are all fast, they can score and they can dribble. Mata is a more technical player who can send in a pass and cross, while Sturridge is the workhorse who can cut inside that can open lots of options. A run from Bosingwa? He can try to shoot. He can try to send a through ball to Torres or to dribble his way in. Whatever he chooses, it will bring the opposition in danger.

And what's most important, both Mata and Sturridge couldn't possibly be more motivated then they are and they are both very young. Sturridge has a point to prove, and Mata wants to successful in England, impress his manager and he's a type of person who will always put the team ahead of himself and gives his best.

I'm very excited looking at our future and I have a feel this is a beginning of a saga,

THE ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS Saga. :cfc:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see....

Mata - New signing who's only played 20 minutes for us

Torres - Striker who's scored one goal in last 20+ matches

Sturridge - Young player with little experience

Now.... I'd say they are promising because the two youngsters look great and Torres can't play any worse than he's currently playing, but I'll wait and see before I call it a dream team

Let's see....

Pessimistic view ... lol

Anyway I totally agree with Manpe. And hopefully they do workout together, or else we're back to Anelkalouda :lol:

Guest justin_3d

Your post was created at 06:43pm

And i posted this at on the Sturridge post.

Fuck men, a front three of Sturridge-Torres-Mata is getting me:

a2970114-48-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg?d=1262644239

But just in case Torres continues to suck, replacing Torres for Lukaku would still be awesome!

Did your inspiration came from me? :Goober:

Let's see....

Now.... I'd say they are promising because the two youngsters look great and Torres can't play any worse than he's currently playing, but I'll wait and see before I call it a dream team

People here love to hype everything. Kakuta, Josh, and now Mata - Torres - Sturridge is already a dream team. lol

If Mata and Torres can play a whole 90 minutes together, then i think they would be deadly! Sturridge has the talent to be someone you can rely on to do something whenever he can, he has the dribble, he has the power but he also has the confidence. If AVB decides to play them all up-front, i think Daniel's natural confidence might be able to shine onto Torres, which might actually be the final third he has been missing lately.This front three is way more sustainable in thought and in potential then Drogba and Torres would have been - they are all-out attackers.

To be honest, Torres this season hasn't performed badly, but just hasn't found the 'it' factor. He hasn't even played a full game for us either this season. And like i have said time and time before, i will back any person working for Chelsea Football Club no matter what! And even IF there are certain personal that might not be 100% on my team sheet every game, i can always see the merits they have (never mind the faults!), but i firmly do believe Torres can do well if we can find that 'if' factor. The factor, whichnis missing in the whole team so far this, is not just attacking wise but defensive wise also.