Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dono why we should be so eager to let him go.. He is no starter definitely but he's great as a sub..

I mean his goals every once in a while like last night could win us games...

I'd love last night's goal to be the winner at Camp Nou :worship2: silence those catalan cunts

technically gifted on the ball and a wallop of a right foot cannon...does give possession away cheaply at times but other times he plays brilliantly i think he would have more success playing further up the pitch like he does for portugal and did for liverpool.. i say he stays but what do i know :)

Juventus set sights on Chelsea midfielder

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120406/juventus-set-sights-chelsea-midfielder-169001

For 9 mill....reasonable price but we can hustle them for more.

But still he must be sold this summer! His place can be better use for someone else.

Juventus set sights on Chelsea midfielder

http://www.talksport...dfielder-169001

For 9 mill....reasonable price but we can hustle them for more.

But still he must be sold this summer! His place can be better use for someone else.

Why would we sell him when hes an excellent squad player? Plus on his day he can preform very well. Also people talk about squad depth when teams are trying to win championships and other competitions so it is vital we keep Raul imo. Its not like we have any better midfield options for a squad player anyway... Josh clearly isn't ready by the time hes not getting games at Swansea and Romeu is being overlooked. Pointless giving a promising young player a role as a squad player anyway just going to harm their development.

Why would we sell him when hes an excellent squad player? Plus on his day he can preform very well. Also people talk about squad depth when teams are trying to win championships and other competitions so it is vital we keep Raul imo. Its not like we have any better midfield options for a squad player anyway... Josh clearly isn't ready by the time hes not getting games at Swansea and Romeu is being overlooked. Pointless giving a promising young player a role as a squad player anyway just going to harm their development.

We got Kakuta who can take Meireles spot!

Plus guy is on not that young.

We can easily get a squad player who is younger and does not cost much.

Why not go for Canales?

We got Kakuta who can take Meireles spot!

Plus guy is on not that young.

We can easily get a squad player who is younger and does not cost much.

Why not go for Canales?

Why waste Kakuta by using him as a squad player when he could be on loan developing and starting or being first 11 for us anyway?

Plus imo, a squad player is probably better being slightly experienced and slightly older. Kalou for example 26 or 27, got a bit of experience, average player, capable of putting a good shift in when called upon... maybe Lampard could become a squad player next year, if we get a creative midfielder.

The same with Sergio Canales, he is young, talented and technically gifted so why waste him when he could contribute straight away? He can't be too bad by the time Real Madrid signed him. He is still showing a lot of promise at Valencia so its not like hes a wasted talent and he is bound to become a international player for Spain in the next few years.

Kakuta, in the Meireles role? No thanks.

Imagine a blood-and-thunder derby with QPR; tackles flying all over the place. Wingers and playmakers totally ineffective. A big, physical presence is needed in the midfield - someone who can retain the ball and shoot from distance. We bring on Kakuta...

Meireles is the man to replace Essien as a squad player. Should stay for a couple of years, no harm in having a Portuguese international who is competent in many positions!

• 3 weeks later...

I just feel bad for him. He was superb in two legs against Barca and against Benefica and may be sold next season and yet put in a stellar performance without worrying about yellow. I felt bad for him when he was begging the ref not to yellow card him as he knew he would miss it and may not reach another final.

Life is such a bitch

2 superb performances. All people see are his missed passes and completely ignore the work that he's put in over the 180 minutes. Constantly harrying the Barca players and never letting them have any breathing space at all. He did the job he was supposed to, and he did it brilliantly considering how much of an "average" player he is in pretty much all aspects.

Also, he's the only one of the four who miss out on the final who actually got booked for something football related so he took one for the team. Agree with warnie when he was begging the ref not to give the yellow I felt so horrible for him.

Can't believe people want to sell him. No way he should be a starter but he is more than capable of being a rotational player and I hope he's proved that to most fans after these 2 legs