Raul Meireles

chrismada9

True, but this hasn't, so far, been something we rely on. I guess in tight closed games that one give us another dimension, but it's hardly a "tie-breaker".

confused, I thought you were doing a comparison of the two players. That is one skill that Tuftie has a huge advantage over Josh. Just saying if you doing a comparison, be thorough w/ the facts. Don't leave out bits & pieces to further your argument. I understand you want Josh to be the man, don't slag off Tuftie. I am not a fan by any means & I think King Kenny is laughing at us, but the fact is shooting is probably Tuftie's best quality as a midfield player. He does make somewhat decent runs towards the box & can be a threat.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

confused,I thought you were doing a comparison of the two players.

No I was manipulating the facts to suite my point of view. It's part of my anti-Meireles propaganda! :P

In all seriousness, I did not include it because I did not think it an important or major skill, just like I did not include crossing for instance. I really don't think that shooting is his best quality. His energy and willingness to chase the ball is much more beneficial to the team.

Meireles is a great option for the bench next year, he must be kept!

Can do a number of roles. Of course he's not great at any role, but decent in a lot of them. A perfect squad player.

Exactly. Only when we get more starting-quality players would we truly appreciate the contributions that Meireles could provide in a season. Especially when we come across this patch where we play almost every 3-days. Everyone matters when you have a fixture pile-up such as this.

If Madrid were willing to give us Sahin for Raul and 10 million I would jump at that opportunity. Sahin is a superb playmaker and he can play in a central midfield area.

But for whatever reason, he's underused by Mourinho.

But for whatever reason, he's underused by Mourinho.

Because Mourinho didn't ask for him. Mr Perez thought he'd take it upon himself to purchase him on behalf of Real Madrid (Guillem, 2011). They have better options so it's understandable to be honest. It's another Pedro Leon case, where Real only bought him because Barcelona were interested too (supposedly)

Because Mourinho didn't ask for him. Mr Perez thought he'd take it upon himself to purchase him on behalf of Real Madrid (Guillem, 2011). They have better options so it's understandable to be honest. It's another Pedro Leon case, where Real only bought him because Barcelona were interested too (supposedly)

Fair enough now that you have mentioned it but think Mourinho could have utilized him more.

Also, saw a couple of transfer rumours that Mourinho is now looking at Pjanic from Roma.

If Madrid were willing to give us Sahin for Raul and 10 million I would jump at that opportunity. Sahin is a superb playmaker and he can play in a central midfield area.

Why Meireles and 10 mil for Sahin? Sahin was bought by Madrid for something around 10m if I remember correctly and so far he has been a flop for them so why should they make a profit on him? Straight swap with Meireles and Sahin sounds much better to me. :halo:

Meireles is a great option for the bench next year, he must be kept!

Can do a number of roles. Of course he's not great at any role, but decent in a lot of them. A perfect squad player.

Exactly, he's like the equivalent of Ballack. But not as good. Even so my point stands; he can play in any of the midfield roles. And he scores sexy goals.