Deadline Day!

J.F.

9 minutes ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

Mate, I think the problem is the fact that should alonso get hurt, there is no backup for him.

Don't fool yourself, Kenedy has no place in LWB

I get that, but you don't get a 70m player (Sandro) to sit on the bench right? :)

so getting Sandro would have displaced Alonso and frankly he does not deserve it considering his motm performances (this and last season). I know they don't mean much around here - see Matic....

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh all in all this window wasnt bad at all, except for the fact we have realy short bench. But thats more because we sold and loaned too many players, not bought too few.

However one thing, I was realy realy expecting a marquee signing. One. Doesnt have to be Hazard equivalent. Could be top striker, midfielder, wingback or even defender. Last year we had Hazard and Costa who truly made difference. Costa and his personality aside, he was world class on his day and real pain in the ass for opponents with great impact. I realy expected we will replace him with some undisputed quality. Our squad was already reliant on two players last season, despite all the team work, no one can deny it was Eden and Costa who provided extra quality. And most of us agreed even thats not enough, that we need one more. 

However now we are actualy down to just one; Hazard. Which is painful. 

Yes we can win without him and sometimes even play realy well (like vs Everton), but come on, everyone knows our level of play was on entire different scale when we had inform Eden and Costa last season between august-january. 

We are back to last season, hoping everything will click and everyone will have massive season, including Morata, Bakayoko, Zappacosta etc. We have advantage though in terms of hardwork, experience and coach that understands how to play to win. But this will only get us so far. Once manchesters pile up with more and more quality, they will outplay us. Maybe not this year but eventualy the gap will widen. 

Otherwise, a very decent window still.

We made 7 fucking signings (drinkwater if we get him ) 

not elite players  but some have the potentional to become elite (morata ,Christensen,bakayoko)

drinkwater  is  is a good signing as a back up . 

Iam fucking sure that if we had signed drinkwater last year all of you would be celebrating .

6 minutes ago, Robguima said:

I get that, but you don't get a 70m player (Sandro) to sit on the bench right? :)

so getting Sandro would have displaced Alonso and frankly he does not serve it considering his motm performances (this and last season). I know they don't mean much around here - see Matic....

I wasn't pointing to Sandro (Not per se at least), just the fact that there was no LWB signed at all. I do believe Alonso has done amazing, and has won his spot at the club, but had we brought Sandro (or anyone else), that would have pushed Alonso further to keep his place. Yeah, 70m pricetag can get you an initial run of games but we need competition and depth in each position. 

If Alonso had outplayed Sandro, he would be our still in our starting eleven. If Sandro outplays him, that means we got an upgrade and now have a strong backup. Win-win situation for the team.

No idea why you bring Matic into this. He wanted to leave, and past performances can only get you so far if you are not doing as well as you used to. 

Our squad may be a little thin in areas but :

City are top heavy. Pep still has question marks in my opinion whether his style will get the club over the line throughout the season in England. Keeper is unproven. And they are also thin in key areas if Kompany and Fernandinho get injured.

Liverpool haven't addressed that their keeper and defence are shite.

Spurs only replaced Walker with Aurier - is that an improvement? Llorente and Sanchez only beef up the squad and don't improve the starting XI of a team that haven't won anything yet.

Arsenal I don't even need to go into.

I still think as long as we don't get key injuries we'll be challenging with United and City for the title. Liverpool and Spurs challenging for 4th place.

6 minutes ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

I wasn't pointing to Sandro (Not per se at least), just the fact that there was no LWB signed at all. I do believe Alonso has done amazing, and has won his spot at the club, but had we brought Sandro (or anyone else), that would have pushed Alonso further to keep his place. Yeah, 70m pricetag can get you an initial run of games but we need competition and depth in each position. 

If Alonso had outplayed Sandro, he would be our still in our starting eleven. If Sandro outplays him, that means we got an upgrade and now have a strong backup. Win-win situation for the team.

No idea why you bring Matic into this. He wanted to leave, and past performances can only get you so far if you are not doing as well as you used to. 

Fair enough. However, I do believe that sometimes players aren't better than others, just different. Sandros pace is the clear preference of some here, but I think in the right system,ours, Alonso is just as good.

heh matic was never appreciated around here despite his several motm performances, but I digress.

• 11 months later...

Seems strange that all the talk of outs for us have gone silent. Are we really going to keep all of Baka, DD, and RLC? What's going on with Batshuayi, Tammy, and Zouma?

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Seems strange that all the talk of outs for us have gone silent. Are we really going to keep all of Baka, DD, and RLC? What's going on with Batshuayi, Tammy, and Zouma?

Just a note, Only the premier league window is closing today. We can still loan/sell players outside of the prem. Baka(Italy) Bats(Spain) Zouma & DD might be prem loans, Zouma could also be france. One of Bats/Tammy will be staying. At this moment I think that Tammy/RLC/DD will be staying. The rest loaned outside of prem.

Well to be fair we did said we rather spend 120 million on 2 good players then 4 or 5 mediocre players. 

Seems like we spend the same as past season but this time quality. And obviously quality cost more.