Deadline Day!

J.F.

Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Rudiger......... We wanted world class signings to build on the GIFT title that Antonio won for us after a season from hell and that is how our board repay him? Remember salivating at the prospect of Alexis Sanchez, Sandro and Griezmann. Even Tolisso and Danilo. This is how our board chooses to repay him? What do they expect him to accomplish this season? All very strange. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dimitr said:

Why you judge before you see new Chelsea players to play . Yes we are not signed elite players agree 

but  our target is PL no CL . 

City is shit without defense and midfield 

liverpool the same without defense and GK 

ONLY man und have the best squad

The concern is also over the number of players, not just quality.

how many strikers do we have? Is bats useful at this time?

1 minute ago, Super-Mario said:

we could have signed a lwb and a third striker, but else it was a pretty soiid transfermarket.

give musonda some trust. he has more potential than fucking chamberlain.

Agree. Musonda is a lightweight, springy player worth having in the squad. I hope he's given a chance.

6 minutes ago, Special said:

We must trust Conte. If we don't know Zappacosta, it doesn't mean he is a bad player.

How many of us knew Realmadrid's Asensio before this season?

Yes.

Moses, Alonso , Azpilicueta - CB .....enough

It's just laughable how some posters are now happily stating we had a "solid" market. Just like we had in 2015/16? We never learn and we're now happy to settle for mediocrity. Good luck ever aspiring to be even close to the level of the likes of Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona. As it stands, we're just another overrated English team. Anyway goodnight everyone. 

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Rudiger......... We wanted world class signings to build on the GIFT title that Antonio won for us after a season from hell and that is how our board repay him? Remember salivating at the prospect of Alexis Sanchez, Sandro and Griezmann. Even Tolisso and Danilo. This is how our board chooses to repay him? What do they expect him to accomplish this season? All very strange. 

and  where do play griezemann, sandro or sanchez play now?  at the same fckin club

bayern is a top 3 club (tolisso)

danilo is money grabber who likes to be a second choice

Tolisso or Sandro would have made our window positive for just about every Chelsea fan, I think --Sandro moreso, obviously. 

Llorente to Spurs is the real kicker to round out a poor window from the Chelsea staff.

14 minutes ago, milka said:

Diego Costa and Remy likely to depart tomorrow, leaving us with Morata and Batshuayi to compete in four completions. 50+ games... two strikers...

Hazard can also play false 9. It's not the striker position I'm worried about, it's lwb. 

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I repeat our target is pl no CL 

why we need  elite signings to win the PL ??? 

We we won the PL with the fucking. Moses 

WTF

1 minute ago, quickpassnmove said:

Tolisso or Sandro would have made our window positive for just about every Chelsea fan, I think --Sandro moreso, obviously. 

Llorente to Spurs is the real kicker to round out a poor window from the Chelsea staff.

Whats up with your giant font?

It's just laughable how some posters are now happily stating we had a "solid" market. Just like we had in 2015/16? We never learn and we're now happy to settle for mediocrity. Good luck ever aspiring to be even close to the level of the likes of Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona. As it stands, we're just another overrated English team. Anyway goodnight everyone. 

Mate, I'm as disappointed as anyone but this summer has been orders of magnitude better than that infamous window. Every players we've bought this summer will actually fucking play for us for a start. Rüdiger, Morata, and Bakayoko will be stars for us I think. Zappa and Drinkwater will be solid I hope and Christensen will develop nicely.

Not a total disaster but not the homerun we had hoped for. Luckily, neither Manchester club made a massive move today so the gap isn't quite as huge as I feared it could've gotten.

2 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Renato Sanches, Bonucci. It's laughable when you actually start to think of the many failures. All these names are better than what we've got and would have brought some excitement

I'm happy with the signings we made. Rudiger and Christensen (if you'd include him) strengthen our defence and I believe one will edge Cahill out as first choice during the season.

Bakayoko and Morata I think will prove to be younger and intelligent buys to replace Matic and Costa.

Caballero is a solid replacement for Begovic and experienced backup.

Zappacosta I don't know much about but will trust the Italian journalists that rate him and think he'll do well under Conte.

Drinkwater, assuming it goes through, in my opinion is a solid option for centre midfield. Premier league experience, played with Kante in a 2 man midfield setup, will do a solid job when called upon I believe.

I'm a little concerned with the depth in certain positions. Striker in particular because we don't know if Morata will struggle at some stage playing so many games for us during the season, especially how intense our league is and I'm really not sold on Batshuayi. That's why, for a fairly small fee, I'm surprised we didn't go in properly for Llorente who would have helped shore that position up. 

I feel we could have kept a couple of the younger players we've shipped out on loan just to beef up the squad. We have to assume we will usually have at least a couple of players unavailable for games when playing 2 or 3 times a week and our bench at the start of this season showed obvious depth issues. Boga for example, surely should have been kept. We have effectively got 5 senior players for 3 positions.

It's a risky game. However if we have a run like last year keeping key players fit throughout the season we'll go close again because we are very well balanced and in my opinion still better equipped than Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal.