Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, milka said:

Our summer transfers in are Morata, Rudiger, Bakayoko, Zappacosta and Drinkwater. Would you have taken this at the start of the window?

Yes all of them, Conte knows/will know how to extract their qualities with regards to the whole team, if only he would stop patronizing our youth players, like f*cking Mourinho did, only wishing for established players from outside. Look at Chalobah, Solanke and co. Does anyone really buy into that they were not first-team material?? We have tons of young players at our disposal yet they are taken for granted by the coach, and worse most fans have become apathetic to this incovenient truth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully behind Conte but it gets on my nerves that the youth keeps getting overlooked and everyone, from fans to the goddam board keep being stressed out by only focusing on buying exterior players.

1 minute ago, King11Didier said:

So another player who snubbed us... Can't believe what's happening this window... Llorente would've been perfect back-up for some matches, instead he will be helping spuds to score more goals...

What was reported is that we decided against making a formal bid for him rather then him rejecting us.

1 minute ago, Kieran. said:

Agreed man. We already have our first XI, just needed some depth. Would have liked at least one more signing but I'm not too upset. More upset about the amount of rejections over the past few days lol

Of course we'd all have loved OX instead of Zappacosta or another striker option...etc. But the squad needed A LOT of improvement and the club managed to get a lot of that done this window. 

People forget, because we won the league last season, that our squad was thin and had very obvious weaknesses. 

30 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Adrien Silva has arrived at Leicester's training ground for his medical, ahead of poss £15m move...but only if #Chelsea meet valuation for Drinkwater. (Sky Sports)

15M sounds like a good number for a 4th choice midfielder.  Should have just skipped the middle man.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

If Drinkwater happens I think we're all good until January. Cannot see us competing over an entire season without LWB cover, though. 

I still find it unbelievable that we didn't get cover for that side. Kenedy is not ready in any way, and Marcos alone can't do it. If Alonso gets an Injury, we'll be royally fucked

4 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Get out of here with your rational thoughts and logic. How can this be tolerated in such a negative & pessimistic environment. Hang your head in shame.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You Should be banned, thinking outside the box and not declaring our immediate decline to the conference is not allowed here.

I....don't know what I was thinking guys!

I know I've let everyone down, but please, give me a chance and I'll make it up. :cry:

This is our fucking squad going into a  Premiership Title defense, Champions league and 2 cup competitions. Look at how light it is. No real improvements. Horrible, god-awful window. We have a bunch of rookies running our club. Total shambles. 

DIlxcGVWAAEdJxw.jpg:large