Juan Mata

Severinb

Yes, that changes everything...not! No one has ever sold his second choice RW and third choice #10 for anywhere near 40m. You cannot deny that business wise it is an incredible deal for us.

I think it could be the business deal of the Century for THEM ,,if he helps them to 4th place ,,,Of course you have the Choulou way of looking at figures

We don't have a position RW. In a 4-2-3-1 there is an attacking midfielder on the right (and in our system, barely).And we really only play counter-attack now anyway so he can fit in there. I'm not saying he's ideal, but he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be.

But he's not exactly an out-and-out RW is he? We will basically create problems for ourselves with this square peg in a round hole situation. Not sure if people have over-exaggerated his awful-ness out there but he really has not shone at all when he's used at RW.

and you became a fan in ???? 2005 ,,,,,Glory Hunter ???

I don't join forums and use a Hip Hop producers name in order to give you my life story. I'm a 90's baby, Champions league quarter finals/Guojohnsen/FA Cup winners. You're 75 so I can imagine there'd be a gap in how big you think Chelsea were when and where.

This is the Juan Mata thread.

I think it could be the business deal of the Century for THEM ,,if he helps them to 4th place ,,,Of course you have the Choulou way of looking at figures

Or they could not finish top 4 with him, or they could finish top 4 without him. Or we could say no and they could use the 40m to buy a player or two who would help them finish top 4. Lots of possibilities and none of them more likely than the other.

What is certain, though, is that if we do accept the bid, we would lose a player who is not really in the managers plans and would have 40m to strengthen our squad in the summer.

So you don't want to take 40m for the "3rd choice no.10 and 2nd choice right wing"?! Seriously, just look at the sentence again and try to think about it without emotions.

40m would be the third highest transfer in the history of the EPL after Torres and Ozil. The media can throw all the imaginary numbers about the "flavor of the day" players but 40m is a lot of money that will surely get any clubs attention. With FFP starting to take effect the numbers are only going to go down. 40m will completely change our transfer policy in the summer.

Of course £40m is a lot, but not for a player of Mata's ability, and especially not considering he's moving to a desperate domestic rival. It also isn't that much to this club, which is run by someone who can spend £32m on Willian as soon as we see Spurs are about to sign him. You also assume he will stay as 3rd/2nd choice and that Oscar and Willian won't drop in form/get injured.

40m wont change our transfer policy, lacking an attacking midfielder might. But we will still bring in a striker and possibly a left back and centre back; clubs knowing we have 40m in the bank might affect their policy on selling to us.

Or they could not finish top 4 with him, or they could finish top 4 without him. Or we could say no and they could use the 40m to buy a player or two who would help them finish top 4. Lots of possibilities and none of them more likely than the other.

What is certain, though, is that if we do accept the bid, we would lose a player who is not really in the managers plans and would have 40m to strengthen our squad in the summer.

Exactly 19. If Manures pay 40m for him now, it´s a sale. The 40m could go a long way to buy others.

Of course £40m is a lot, but not for a player of Mata's ability, and especially not considering he's moving to a desperate domestic rival. It also isn't that much to this club, which is run by someone who can spend £32m on Willian as soon as we see Spurs are about to sign him. You also assume he will stay as 3rd/2nd choice and that Oscar and Willian won't drop in form/get injured.

40m wont change our transfer policy, lacking an attacking midfielder might. But we will still bring in a striker and possibly a left back and centre back; clubs knowing we have 40m in the bank might affect their policy on selling to us.

TBF it's easy to see where cholou is coming from. Mata is too good to sit on the bench and he will likely never regain his status as a regular starter under jose. There's no point keeping a "40 million bench warmer" (hurts badly to say/type that) on the books.

TBF it's easy to see where cholou is coming from. Mata is too good to sit on the bench and he will likely never regain his status as a regular starter under jose. There's no point keeping a "40 million bench warmer" (hurts badly to say/type that) on the books.

Thank you Mourinho, for shining a spotlight on the people who support the football club and the people who support players.

I support selling Mata, I don't understand selling him to Man United no matter the fee, especially without a replacement lined up, we aren't Tottenham or Arsenal. Mata has plenty of time on his contract, their is no rush to sell, we've let De Bruyne go, we could bring in Reus or Di Maria, then sell Mata to PSG or whoever; a foreign team will pay £40m for him, I don't understand the rush to sell.

As good as Willian and Oscar have been they aren't at the level of Hazard where you'd have them as automatic first choice. As dynamic and hard working as Willian is, ideally I think we'd have a player who scores more goals, with Willian rotating with all three attacking midfielders.

He obviously doesn't suit our pressing system, but make no mistake he is one of the best n.10s in the word, no doubt. If we sell to United this will come back to haunt us.

Our club has to learn to be more stubborn, we cannot sell to another PL club.

United are down, why are we going to help them? also throw in the whole rooney saga in the summer, fuck them.

It was never about form. It has always been about styles. Some footballers cannot perform well in some systems and playing styles and Mata obviously can't come near his performances of last season in Jose's current system.

Business wise, this is the ideal thing you'd want to happen: Getting A LOT of money without weakening your squad. Having 40m just sit on the bench makes no sense whatsoever.

And of course 40m changes our transfer policy, it means we have 40m more to spend.

Who supports selling Mata to Manures here ? I doubt any of us like to see it. Since, we do not make the decision, most of us support him being sold for 40m. Is that so fucking hard understand ?

Why would anyone want to see this classy guy sitting on the bench looking sad ?