Juan Mata

Severinb

I honestly thought Juan would go on to become a club legend. That he would finish his career as a Chelsea player.

Instead we're going to sell him to our biggest rival of the last decade and kick start their squad rebuild. Chelsea Football Club is going to HELP Manchester United return to being a top class side.

Disgusting. The way they fucked us over Rooney in the summer by telling us to do one, and we're going to send them Mata?

Calm the fuck down. There's no legit source confirming it's a done deal. That guardian article everyone is quoting states both that 40million fee is agreed and that United are yet to make a bid. I really doubt this will actually go through

I honestly thought Juan would go on to become a club legend. That he would finish his career as a Chelsea player.

Instead we're going to sell him to our biggest rival of the last decade and kick start their squad rebuild. Chelsea Football Club is going to HELP Manchester United return to being a top class side.

Disgusting. The way they fucked us over Rooney in the summer by telling us to do one, and we're going to send them Mata?

United are going to rebuild and spend with or without our help. If it's not Mata then they will spend the 40m on Reus or Draxler or any other one of the countless highly-rated AMs in the world right now. So why can't we be the one getting the 40m?

I get the sentimental issues, no one loves Juan more than I do. I even get the reasoning behind not wanting to send him to united. Like I said yesterday, it's risky. But this is our best chance to get 40m for him because his price will only drop after the WC. And strengthening utd now means that they are more likely to take points off Arsenal Liverpool and Man City.

The reality of football is that forty million pounds will move a lot of stuff.

United are going to rebuild and spend with or without our help. If it's not Mata then they will spend the 40m on Reus or Draxler or any other one of the countless highly-rated AMs in the world right now. So why can't we be the one getting the 40m?

I get the sentimental issues, no one loves Juan more than I do. I even get the reasoning behind not wanting to send him to united. Like I said yesterday, it's risky. But this is our best chance to get 40m for him because his price will only drop after the WC. And strengthening utd now means that they are more likely to take points off Arsenal Liverpool and Man City.

Because we don't need £40m? I understand if you're a selling team who needs money. Selling him for £20m with a clause that he can't move to an EPL club for x amount of time is a better value move. Why don't we loan Crystal Palace Ba, Schrulle etc. to give them more chance of taking points off our rivals?

I kind of feel Mourinho's stance of 'if the player wants to go he can' sends out the wrong message, that he doesn't want the player.

You're right that it's a nice fee to receive for him, but it's the fact that we have no realistic chance to buy the world class striker we need this month with the money. I'd rather we just kept Juan until the summer and take £10m less than selling him for £40m now to a rival and sitting on the cash for six months.

Unless José is planning on bringing in a direct replacement in attacking midfield. Then I could put this behind me and deal with it. If we got a replacement who fits José's style and is absolutely top class.

Because we don't need £40m? I understand if you're a selling team who needs money. Selling him for £20m with a clause that he can't move to an EPL club for x amount of time is a better value move. Why don't we loan Crystal Palace Ba, Schrulle etc. to give them more chance of taking points off our rivals?

I kind of feel Mourinho's stance of 'if the player wants to go he can' sends out the wrong message, that he doesn't want the player.

No one in the world doesn't need 40m pounds!

United will strengthen and spend whether we sell them Mata or not. Be it now or in the summer. But if we sell them Mata now, first we get the money instead of Dortmund of Schalke or whatever, and I'd rather see united make a panic 40m buy for Mata than see them spend the money on several players and strengthen their squad considerably in the summer.

Spin it any way you like but 40m for your fifth choice AM is beyond great business.

Let them spend their money somewhere else then. I don't really care how much his price will drop after the WC we simply don't sell our star player (also one of the fans favourites) to Manchester fucking United.

It's not about money it's about pride and dignity, they didn't sell us Rooney last summer then why the hell we sell Mata to them?

It would be painful, extremely agonizingly painful to watch Mata in United kit to play against us.

You're right that it's a nice fee to receive for him, but it's the fact that we have no realistic chance to buy the world class striker we need this month with the money. I'd rather we just kept Juan until the summer and take £10m less than selling him for £40m now to a rival and sitting on the cash for six months.

Unless José is planning on bringing in a direct replacement in attacking midfield. Then I could put this behind me and deal with it. If we got a replacement who fits José's style and is absolutely top class.

But that's the thing. United aren't our rivals this season. And we've already played them twice. They won't challenge for title, but they can take points off city Arsenal and liverpool.

There was never going to be a fuss about that. No one was expecting them to get anything from the game to begin with.

Yeah but look at the amount or level of bad coverage they got after the game and compare to it now. No longer is anyone talking about the fallout from the game and instead, everybody is talking about United rebuilding their squad and our stupidity in helping them by selling Mata to a Premier League rival.

The signs were on the wall some of us just didn't pay enough attention or didn't want to believe it

first sign was the treatment of sahin, another technically excellent DLP, cut from the same cloth as mata, who "didn't fit the jose system" (This fiasco has made me hate the word "system" so much) and ostracized as a result coupled with the mata Rooney swap rumours in the summer.

Mata was never in Jose's plans to begin with.

Ibet you would be slating him for dropping Casillas, if Ancelotti didn't put a spanner in the works and do exactly the same thing.

If Mata plays no part on Sunday i dont think we will ever see Mata play for Chelsea again!

The question is, would he even still be at the club before Sunday comes around?

Do Chelsea players have a training session today? I bet they have. There would already be some 'breaking' news from the camp by now, made by tabloid.

Yes, the player are back in training today after being given 2 days off.

The general consensus is almost always proved wrong, the signing of Torres was a positive initially 'bar a few rumbles from a minority of fans'.

Although you have warned of such scenario before, it's quite hilarious to see you take a 360 degrees turn on your view about Mata when you were gloriously praising him in past years.