Juan Mata

Severinb

Surely hes dues a new contract? Probably the best player in our team. Playing consistantly well since he joined us, deserves a new deal with a wage rise.

Think Mirror(IIRC) reported that we are ready to offer him a new 5-year deal back in December but have heard/read nothing about it since then.

Think Mirror(IIRC) reported that we are ready to offer him a new 5-year deal back in December but have heard/read nothing about it since then.

Yeah I read that as well, hopefully he gets a new deal plus a massive wage rise because he is clearly our best player and should be making more than the 40-60k he apparently makes.

I'm pretty certain we'll negotiate a new contract with him in the summer. Whoever we get as manager will not make a difference because anybody with an ounce of brain can see Mata is our best and most important player, and this will not change.

While I browsing through Google looking for Mata's previous goalscoring stats, came across this(when he was about to sign for us).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/19/juan-mata-chelsea-valencia

The 23-year-old, who has studied at university and speaks reasonable English, has long been open to a move to the Premier League. His father and agent, also Juan Manuel Mata, had spoken to a number of clubs in England. Mata's initial preference was to secure a move to Barcelona but he was in no hurry to depart Valencia. The signings of Alexis Sánchez and Cesc Fábregas by Barcelona finally ended any possibility of a transfer to the Camp Nou.

While I browsing through Google looking for Mata's previous goalscoring stats, came across this(when he was about to sign for us).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/19/juan-mata-chelsea-valencia

So what? I dont blame him for dreaming of playing for Barcelona. It is not like Hazard, Oscar, etc, would have chosen Chelsea over Barça or Real.

So what? I dont blame him for dreaming of playing for Barcelona. It is not like Hazard, Oscar, etc, would have chosen Chelsea over Barça or Real.

Did I say anything wrong?! :rant:

Was just pointing that out since most of us were being negative recently and said he deserves better than to be here.