Juan Mata

Severinb

If only he had been part of a better era though, considering he wasn't exactly 'instrumental' in our now historic 2012 CL win. I wonder how greater his legacy can be if we get our act together, the club moves forward, we appoint the right manager and go on a trophy run. JT, Drogba & Lamps are fortunate in that sense..

He's forgiven for not being "instrumental" as you put it for us playing extremely defensively and y'know...assisting Drogba's equalizer.

Mata is pure genius and i wont be surprised if the like's of real,barca,city or bayern come calling for him and he decide's to go there.A player of his quality deserves to be in a team which has stability and is fighting for silverware.

Mata is pure genius and i wont be surprised if the like's of real,barca,city or bayern come calling for him and he decide's to go there.A player of his quality deserves to be in a team which has stability and is fighting for silverware.

Right, i can see it as Ozil replacement @ Madrid

If anyone here like me watched Mata at Valencia for a long time I'm sure they could agree that, despite turning 25 in just a few months, we've only seen half of what he can do. He is so special. He simply hasn't had the players to compliment him yet or the manager to use him correctly. He is not supposed to dictate play like managers keep making him try and do. He doesn't want to drop deep. He likes a deep lying playmaker to hit a pin-point pass to him so that then he can hit a magical flick over the defence and have our striker run onto it. He's a proper attacking midfielder; not playmaker. In that respect he actually reminds me of how Gourcuff was used incorrectly for a lot of his career at Milan & Lyon. Hopefully someone like Laurent Blanc comes in. He'll turn Mata into truly the best attacking midfielder currently playing (if we pretend Iniesta/Ozil don't exist lol), I'm sure of it. I'm aware that's a bold statement, but I'm very confident.

He's been critical of the Spanish League since being here saying it's not competitive enough and has stated so many times how much he loves Chelsea and London.

And despite our struggles, he has still won the FA Cup and Champions League in his first 18 months here. I'm pretty sure he won't be going anywhere else soon.