Juan Mata

Severinb

At least Mata has won 3 trophies with us providing 3 assists in finals we won

And he did so much for us last season. Mourinho practically told him what he had to do to win his place back, and he couldn't do it. Oscar was magic until Christmas, as soon as Mata got arsey about being a deserved bench-warmer, Oscar became complacent and distracted by the World Cup, and his form dripped. But Mata hardly caused ructions at United. One or two good performances but nothing outstanding. As much as I enjoyed watching Juan, I think Cesc is an upgrade in terms of the role expected by José, who knows a bit more about football than I do.

at least we still have Torres :fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9::rant:

I would rather keep Mata than Torres!

Mata failed in Mourinho second era because CFC is lack of A-grade (even B-grade) DMC.

(Lampard - B-, Ramires - B-, Mikel - C+, Essien - E)

I don't really get why people (especially on Twitter) are saying that Mata will more likely than not fail at United. If van Gaal uses his 5-3-2 formation Mata, van Persie and Rooney are locks for the front-3 positions.

Yeah i agree. I thought Van Gaal would use 4-3-3 and he'd be screwed, but with 3-5-2 not only will he play a lot, he'll have the type of freedom he needs to shine.

Herrera also being there helps him; with his quick, incisive passes.

Yeah i agree. I thought Van Gaal would use 4-3-3 and he'd be screwed, but with 3-5-2 not only will he play a lot, he'll have the type of freedom he needs to shine.

Herrera also being there helps him; with his quick, incisive passes.

I saw somewhere the Van Gall want to play 4-3-3 but with his current squad it makes more sense to play 3-5-2

You didn't watch Mata under Jose. Painfully bad, he was so out of form. I know this becuase I know you don't watch football. Oscar wasn't amazing but he was better than Mata. Hindsight can be bad because Mata hit a bit of form when Oscar fell out of form, but at the time when Mata was sold, he was appualing. In the end he wanted to leave and the club got an amazing deal out of United.

It is harsh on mata but for what mourinho want from him, it's practically impossible for him to satisfy Mou.

Physically mata is average at best and mou want his AM to do a lot of pressing.

On paper it looks good.. but not really, we'd still have the same problems with Mata in a Mourinho system.

even more with Cesc behind him.

To be honest that formation doesn't work even on paper imo. We'd be ran over even worse than Arsenal normally is. We'd be easy preys for any team's midfield.