Juan Mata

Severinb

Mata was awesome last season and our best player. He got burned out for me for playing every game, now he can get a rest more. But i still think Olympics and Euro's could burn him.

And remember the QPR game, when we won 6-1, Mata was just amazing that game, top notch passing. And no one ever seems to remember Mata's through ball to Ramires when we scored the first goal against Liverpool in that 2-1 F.A Cup win.

So yeah he was still having good games even when he was burned out.

Mata was awesome last season and our best player. He got burned out for me for playing every game, now he can get a rest more. But i still think Olympics and Euro's could burn him.

And remember the QPR game, when we won 6-1, Mata was just amazing that game, top notch passing. And no one ever seems to remember Mata's through ball to Ramires when we scored the first goal against Liverpool in that 2-1 F.A Cup win.

Or his perfect corner against Bayern :/

Don't fit his style, not experienced enough....I don't care for the excuses. the mere fact that you have to defend him with excuses is because he is simply not as good (yet) as he is hyped to be in this forum, that was the only thing i wannted to point out, thank you for substantiating it.

HE WAS OUR PLAYER OF THE SEASON... if anythin this guy is underrated rather than hyped/overrated. and if u r talking about this forum then he will defintely be praised more than any1 because he was our best player in the season. some1 who we completely depended and relied on. he had 54 appearances just 2 less than petr cech. do u have any idea what this stat means. dont forget he missed the first3 or 4 matches in the start of the season too. tell me what did david silva do in his 1st season.

i think some people on this forum just wanna get quotes so simply post stupid things.

nah for me it was all about Mata against Spurs at Wembley! he ran the show Parker couldn't get near him!

nah for me it was all about Mata against Spurs at Wembley! he ran the show Parker couldn't get near him!

That's because Parker is overrated to fuck, he runs around and gives effort, nothing more.

Diagree

Mata barely played in the Euros apart from the last 5 minutes of the final and the Olympics will just be like a "competitive" pre-season training for him. It will be a bit more gruelling than the other players but i think mata will be alright at the start of the season.

signs of tiredness may come up later in the season but we have enough options in - hazard, oscar, de bruyne, benayoun, lampard, meireles, mceachran - in that order to rotate him with..

Diagree

Mata barely played in the Euros apart from the last 5 minutes of the final and the Olympics will just be like a "competitive" pre-season training for him. It will be a bit more gruelling than the other players but i think mata will be alright at the start of the season.

signs of tiredness may come up later in the season but we have enough options in - hazard, oscar, de bruyne, benayoun, lampard, meireles, mceachran - in that order to rotate him with..

It's not about matches, he's training with the spanish team constantly, and without any rest it can fuck him up, and he's doing the exact same with the olympic team.

It's not about matches, he's training with the spanish team constantly, and without any rest it can fuck him up, and he's doing the exact same with the olympic team.

Funnily enough, I agree with Sloth on this one. :P

Yes, Mata may not have played much in Euros but the training during then and in the Olympics plus the game time there would take its toll after the long campaign last season. Sometimes as a footballer, you need to take time off from it just to relax your mind and body. Maybe people will only realize this if he gets injured(touch wood!).

Also, don't forget that Spain will feature in next year's Confederations Cup and the following year is the World Cup. Mata are likely to feature in both and will probably only get a proper summer break in 2015!

yep. that's true. hopefully the management gives him a rest until after the International break

If im not wrong, Mata almost hasnt any vacation. Correct me if Im wrong, but I think that almost right after Euros final (1st July) Mata goes on the preparation before Olympics with Spain U23 (he had maybe few days off) so its seems that he must get some vacations after Olympics. You just cant train all the time by almost two years (2011-2013)

"I don't think this effort will have a negative effect on me for the new season in the Premier League. I am mentally prepared to help the Blues from the first moment. I will be at the coach's disposal whenever he needs me"