Juan Mata

Severinb

What did we expect actually? It was like inevitable with his form and performances. Now we can only hope there will be no injuries for him.

Yes but the main problem here is that Spain will travel all the way to Panama to play the friendly! It wouldn't be so bad if it's gonna be played in Spain. :doh:

What did we expect actually? It was like inevitable with his form and performances. Now we can only hope there will be no injuries for him.

Anyway, he must be happy to get the call so I'm happy for him. His performances can get even better now heh.

I don't think this says anything about his recent form. This is a typical benchwamers' game, and Mata's always been one, regardless of how good his form is.

I don't think he is the best playmaker in the PL,in terms of creating chances for others Silva,Cazorla,Wilshere,Hazard and Kagawa are better in that aspect, but overall he has been the best AM.

Wilshere? Kagawa? Kagawa isn't better than Mata at creating chances. Wilshere doesn't create that many opportunities, he plays in a deep midfield role (and there's a reason for that). And Mata creates more chances than Hazard too, 2.8 key passes pg vs 2.

Of course there's more to a playmaker's job than creating chances.

I don't think he is the best playmaker in the PL,in terms of creating chances for others Silva,Cazorla,Wilshere,Hazard and Kagawa are better in that aspect, but overall he has been the best AM.

Kagawa and Wilshere are not better than Mata, no doubt. Cazorla does well, but Arsenal are

not doing that well and here I can say Mata does better job. Silva overall is better player, but not this season so far. Mata is the best playmaker in PL currently.

Please give me the key passes stats from the premier league.If you are going to say that Mata is the best playmaker just because he has a lot of assists you should watch more football.Assists =\= amount of chances created.Not to mention mata has a lot of assists from corners.

Please give me the key passes stats from the premier league.If you are going to say that Mata is the best playmaker just because he has a lot of assists you should watch more football.Assists =\= amount of chances created.Not to mention mata has a lot of assists from corners.

There's an example above posted by DYC.

Isn't it an indicator that someone who creates fewer chances but has more of them converted is more efficient?

Playmaking is not just about "creating chances" or who has the most key passes. It's about being the brains of your team. Out of those you've mentioned, none have been better than Mata at that aspect.

And I believe you should try doing the same too since you claimed the others have created more chances than Mata.