Chelsea 3-1 Norwich

James

Villas is smart. He has to build a networking inside the club before benching Terry, Lampard and asking Didier to leave.

He is a young and an unproven manager, if he make such drastic changes, it will be recipe for a disaster.

Just remember what happened with Scolari when Ballack and Didier thought he wasnt good enough.

I had a fear that we got the right manager at the wrong time and August has more or less convinced me that belief is correct.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If August was a boremter ow who would be champions this would have happened.

If the league went in the August pattern till may.

10/11 Chelsea (breaking every record in the book) Actual champs: Man.Utd

09/10 Arsenal (playing amazing football and scoring over 100) Actual champs: Chelsea

08/09 Chelsea (with Scolari bringing a new wave of flair to the league) Actual champs: Man.Utd

07/08 Liverpool (Rafa finally gets it right and Torres bangs the goals to the title) Actual Champs: Man.Utd

06/07 Man.Utd (Started the season with 8 in 2) Actual Champs: Man.Utd

05/06 Chelsea (without letting in a goal all season) Actual Champs: Chelsea

04/05 Arsenal (back to back unbeaten season's) Actual champs: Chelsea

I cba to go back any further but in the last 7 season's only twice has the eventual champs started the strongest, just saying.

Lets be honest, so far AVB hasn't exactly had the easiest times but the philosophy he is trying to lay down is better in less physical leagues like La Liga and Seria were ball manipulation is used more ahead of physical strength and even though we haven't played great we've managed a win today. If you look at Man Utd last year, they won the league as they were able to grind out results against the lower teams that were holding them/beating them, we are going to have to be able to do the same to mount a title challenge and today we managed to grind out a decent result. Also, it is too early for AVB to be judged and imo he is a top manager, I don't think Rom would splash out £13.5 mil to take in a completely average manager, even though he is rich it just seems stupid.

Glad Mata got his chance today. What a difference having him on the left flank from having there Malouda. And before the second goal, when we were beginning the counter-attack, I just watched Ramires and couldn't close my mouth how bloody fast he was, stunning.

Glad Mata got his chance today. What a difference having him on the left flank from having there Malouda. And before the second goal, when we were beginning the counter-attack, I just watched Ramires and couldn't close my mouth how bloody fast he was, stunning.

Mata is a breath of fresh air compared to Malouda, we just need another creative player to take Lampards place, who was dire today, and we will start to play better.

Now its that time someone wishes lampard gets injured a lil bit. We will be having some freshness on the wings with Sturridge and Mata available. The mid has to be sorted out, but apparently "Mr. Untouchable" is really untouchable. Disappointing.

Hey don't worry mate, i would probably sound as stupid as that if i watched a game of baseball. :goodpost: :doh:

ok, stop playing. I'm gonna need that rep point back guys.

Besides, Lampard had an assist and a goal. He also made a few smart runs

but a mid of Mikel, Ramirez and Lamps seems confused. Ramirez and Lampard are players that seem to be interested in going forward or defending rather than controlling the middle. that's why I wanna see Josh a little more; or a new signing

ok, stop playing. I'm gonna need that rep point back guys.

Besides, Lampard had an assist and a goal. He also made a few smart runs

but a mid of Mikel, Ramirez and Lamps seems confused. Ramirez and Lampard are players that seem to be interested in going forward or defending rather than controlling the middle. that's why I wanna see Josh a little more; or a new signing

Yes he got an assist, but tbf it was because of Bosingwas long range effort, it wasn't anything special from Lampard. But Lampard wasn't that bad this game, he didn't give the ball away, only once i think and did make a few decent passes, but he's not good enough to be a starter for Chelsea, we need a better player in there who can make magic and create play, i think we are now sorted on the wings, hopefully anyway... since we now have Mata, but a creative midfielder is needed, Lampard cannot knock out long balls or long passes, he probably could but he lacks the vision.

And Styles i do totally agree with you about Terry being to slow, he can't play in this high defense line, how many times have we been caught out with these long balls?, shit load of times, if we play like this against United were fucked...

Did you see the goal Stoke Scored at Home?

Did you see the Goal that Hernandez scored at OT?

There...I gave you two mistakes he committed playing high up.

They are individual mistakes, not connected with the defensive line. It's not like say there was a high ball behind the defenders and he failed to track back. That is what is happening now.

High Line or Not, I feel more assured with Terry and Ivanovic. Yes, they all had a poor game. But that doesn't mean they cant play High Line. Also, I dont get why people are talking about High Line being a problem. If you see today's game, We attacked from the Right with Bosingwa more than we did from the left which left the gap open at RB which should have been filled by Mikel but it wasnt, and Norwich cleverly exploited that gap by having their midfield playing the ball in that region and having their striker chase it and attack our goal. In the entire match, Bosingwa played as a winger than a defender and thats what caused us problem, NOT the High Line.

1. It's not one game. It's 3. And these are relatively average forwards that are exposing the system. Shudder to think what someone like a Hernandez would do. And we face up against him in less than a month, remember.

2. No, Mikel's job is to sweep up between the CBs when the fullbacks are forward. That space should have been covered by Ivan.

3. A high line works when you've got pacy defenders and you retain the ball well. It simply cannot function if either of these are missing. Look at Barcelona. We give the ball away too often to be adopting a high line with slow defenders like Terry and Alex.

im really not a doom and gloom merchant and im not trying to upset or provoke an argument but i really do think some cfc fans are wearing blinkers. Weve played stoke, wba and norwich and look so average its unreal. All i keep hearing is excuse or false positives. Lets clear one thing up, torres is looking terrible. people keep saying confidence or we dont play his way etc etc, but hes meant to be a great player, rooney played left wing to accomodate and still got to a champ league final and won the league. In my opinion the ppl who keep digging for positives are the fans who tried to say he was the answer and are now embarrased because he looks so bad. Theres nothing wrong in supporting your players and if i was going i certainly wdnt boo but he has played like a 2nd rate player for 2 years and we payed 50mil. What annoys me more is the fact that josh mcheacran has shown nothing but great potential and natural ability and yet again weve signed someone and hes not gettin a look in. I personally hate that. Lukaku and mata looked really positive mind and im not havin a go at them but i am really disheartend for the 4th year running and its only 3 games in. Im gutted tell you the truth and think that supporting a team means more than just winning and would love to see chelsea kids get a go. I had a season ticket in the vialli and ranieri era and loved it under vialli. The money has gave us the leagu but killing us as a club. I would not pay alot of money to see the group we have there now.

im really not a doom and gloom merchant and im not trying to upset or provoke an argument but i really do think some cfc fans are wearing blinkers. Weve played stoke, wba and norwich and look so average its unreal. All i keep hearing is excuse or false positives. Lets clear one thing up, torres is looking terrible. people keep saying confidence or we dont play his way etc etc, but hes meant to be a great player, rooney played left wing to accomodate and still got to a champ league final and won the league. In my opinion the ppl who keep digging for positives are the fans who tried to say he was the answer and are now embarrased because he looks so bad. Theres nothing wrong in supporting your players and if i was going i certainly wdnt boo but he has played like a 2nd rate player for 2 years and we payed 50mil. What annoys me more is the fact that josh mcheacran has shown nothing but great potential and natural ability and yet again weve signed someone and hes not gettin a look in. I personally hate that. Lukaku and mata looked really positive mind and im not havin a go at them but i am really disheartend for the 4th year running and its only 3 games in. Im gutted tell you the truth and think that supporting a team means more than just winning and would love to see chelsea kids get a go. I had a season ticket in the vialli and ranieri era and loved it under vialli. The money has gave us the leagu but killing us as a club. I would not pay alot of money to see the group we have there now.

Agree with a lot of that. Torres seems slow and off the pace, hopefully this bloke Mata can gee him up out of his depression. The money thing has ruined the game -and that has come about via global TV and the selling of sattelite rights - evident by the global members of a forum for a West London Football club

That said - better atmos today - and cracking game, with the boys in blue creating the usual roller coaster ride :GOAL: blue%20scalf.gif:o :huh: :ph34r::fainthv9::yes: :redcard: :GOAL: :GOAL:

The money thing has ruined the game -and that has come about via global TV and the selling of sattelite rights - evident by the global members of a forum for a West London Football club

You don't like that? (the bolded part)