Chelsea 3-1 Norwich

James

Villas is smart. He has to build a networking inside the club before benching Terry, Lampard and asking Didier to leave.

He is a young and an unproven manager, if he make such drastic changes, it will be recipe for a disaster.

Just remember what happened with Scolari when Ballack and Didier thought he wasnt good enough.

Scolari still can't speak English proprely. And he is a horrible manager.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with a lot of that. Torres seems slow and off the pace, hopefully this bloke Mata can gee him up out of his depression. The money thing has ruined the game -and that has come about via global TV and the selling of sattelite rights - evident by the global members of a forum for a West London Football club

That said - better atmos today - and cracking game, with the boys in blue creating the usual roller coaster ride :GOAL: blue%20scalf.gif:o :huh: :ph34r::fainthv9::yes: :redcard: :GOAL: :GOAL:

id love to think its depression but i was always one who thought he was massively over rated anyway. Did u see how good suarez was again. why cdnt our scouts/manger see that. Even tevez went to west ham, we could have had either. The fact is i wouldnt care less if we had our own gem, even if he was at a lesser standard. torres,anelka, malouda are just with us 4 the money. I know tevez is, but at least hes good. Mourinho signed hungry players who wanted to make a name and success of themselves were siging overated. Really hope Lukaku comes good as he fits the criteria. People who try to argue our kids arent good enough id say one thing. How do you expect them to grow and improve without chances. I was at john terrys home debut and i never thought he looked as good as hes got. But the fact is he grew into it, im pretty confident our new batch who are more taelnted could. Just look at man utd or arsenal or even liverpool everton aston villa. Theyve all brought kids thru into talented players who arent knowhere near the ability of ours

They are individual mistakes, not connected with the defensive line. It's not like say there was a high ball behind the defenders and he failed to track back. That is what is happening now.

1. It's not one game. It's 3. And these are relatively average forwards that are exposing the system. Shudder to think what someone like a Hernandez would do. And we face up against him in less than a month, remember.

2. No, Mikel's job is to sweep up between the CBs when the fullbacks are forward. That space should have been covered by Ivan.

3. A high line works when you've got pacy defenders and you retain the ball well. It simply cannot function if either of these are missing. Look at Barcelona. We give the ball away too often to be adopting a high line with slow defenders like Terry and Alex.

Hernandez usually spends lots of time being offside. High line is perfect to deal with him.

You don't like that? (the bolded part)

On the forum ? doesnt bother me, I wouldn't moderate otherwise. Does it bother you ? At SW6 It has its positives and negatives -eg atmosphere at games is spoilt by gawpers, or as Esk said the difference between Fans and Supporters. But thats a fact of Globalistion generally, and international capital transfer that affects all businesses. Just an economic reality, the international selling of entertainment.

At the ground though, I suppose maybe it would be like the Chinese all watching Indian cricket and sat there not applauding just in silence, when for years you'd had a great atmosphere, and all the Indians had been priced out of going save for a few rich ones, in Mumbai., say. But if you've nothing to compare it to, then you wouldnt notice any difference.

id love to think its depression but i was always one who thought he was massively over rated anyway. Did u see how good suarez was again. why cdnt our scouts/manger see that. Even tevez went to west ham, we could have had either. The fact is i wouldnt care less if we had our own gem, even if he was at a lesser standard. torres,anelka, malouda are just with us 4 the money. I know tevez is, but at least hes good. Mourinho signed hungry players who wanted to make a name and success of themselves were siging overated. Really hope Lukaku comes good as he fits the criteria. People who try to argue our kids arent good enough id say one thing. How do you expect them to grow and improve without chances. I was at john terrys home debut and i never thought he looked as good as hes got. But the fact is he grew into it, im pretty confident our new batch who are more taelnted could. Just look at man utd or arsenal or even liverpool everton aston villa. Theyve all brought kids thru into talented players who arent knowhere near the ability of ours

I couldnt believe £50 m, and maybe his fat waiter compatriot manager got the best out of him. Maybe thats what he needs some other Spanish around him to perform,-either that or a few lines of Mutu.

I always wanted Tevez to come, and Suarez is poentially a mini Maradonna as well. Matas crossing could see Torres and the Big Belgian free scoring though. Fingers crossed

On the forum ? doesnt bother me, I wouldn't moderate otherwise. Does it bother you ?

No. I wouldn't join otherwise.

But like you say it is a practical reality of a big club to have supporters (fans according to you) from multiple countries and cultures. I just don't like how every foreign based fan is painted as being a JCL and a fair weather supporter. Sure you may have touristy types deadly quiet in the stands on matchday, but it doesn't reflect the mentality of every foreign fan. I know i shall sing myself hoarse when I eventually go. Maybe people don't intend to paint all foreign fans as not as passionate as the English ones, but I would like to ask, what assurance can they give that the local Englishmen will in fact stick with the team if it goes tits up?

The money foreign fans spend watching Chelsea on the telly or online and the media broadcasting rights and ad money companies generate from it and the merchandise sales of course, go a long way in paying the multi-millions that top international footballers and managers earn playing for and coaching the West London club. Without it, maybe, just maybe, Chelsea wouldn't be the club it is today. I don't condone passiveness on matchday nor do I like it when someone jumps on to the bandwagon, but perhaps the rest of us shouldn't be grouped with those bad eggs and should be treated with a little more respect than we are.

I just don't like how every foreign based fan is painted as being a JCL and a fair weather supporter. Sure you may have touristy types deadly quiet in the stands on matchday, but it doesn't reflect the mentality of every foreign fan. I know i shall sing myself hoarse when I eventually go. Maybe people don't intend to paint all foreign fans as not as passionate as the English ones, but I would like to ask, what assurance can they give that the local Englishmen will in fact stick with the team if it goes tits up?

Some of the blokes I go with have been going since well before Captain Birdseye (KB) bought the club for £1. so I wouldnt question their loyalty if things got bad.

I'm sure nationality has nothing to do with passion either -that arsenal fan that everyone laughs at on Youtube (yes he might be a bit mental) but short of passion he aint.

Really hope you can make the pilgimage soon Max -be good to meet up for a pint %28Y%29.gif

This has probably already been asked and answered but why were benayoun and kale not even on the bench?

Dunno but the fact Andre put McEachran and Lukaku instead of those two says something, Carlo would have opted for Yossi and Kalou and put it down to expierence.