Chelsea 3-1 Norwich

James

I haven't noticed any change to our style of play and team selection from last season. . . .not even a slight change

Heh I've watched only 3 halfs of Chelsea football since the season started and I could name quite a few changes. Moaning about team selection is acceptable (and expected) but ignoring facts to strengthen your arguement is not.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it before I would keep Mikel and Ramires in the same pitch. Lampard not.

Not going to repeat that over and over again.

I will mention that Lukaku is not ready. I still go with Torres as main starter and finally put Sturridge on the right wing, with Mata on the left wing.

That will be a better line up.

And now wait to see what will come of Romeu and David Luiz.

Torres had no assistance today, but he didn't make things easier for himself either, he gave up a lot of the time and could of been a lot quicker in some situations, however when Mata came on he got 2 chances, both of them were headers. I agree with you though, creativity is not back at all, we need a creative midfielder which we have been shouting out for for a long time, and that player needs to come now in this window, even if it's not Modric, get someone who is at Chelsea level and can play a good pass. But Torres as our main striker, Lukaku played very well when he came on, he should definitely be on the bench. And Mata on that left wing with Sturridge on the right, and if we don't get a creative midfielder then please McEachran-Mikel/Romeu-Ramires, with Lampard on the bench.

I was very pleased with Anelka, and have been recently, he creates magic and works very hard, Anelka still is one of my favourite players, but since January last season i've just given up on him, but he seems to be playing really well still. Malouda was decent but he creates nothing on that left wing, besides crossing it low in the middle of the box behind where the players are running in just for the defender to clear it... and this happens all the time. I think Ramires should be encouraged to move forward a bit too, he usually creates something amazing, his pace and control is a gift he has, and he should use it more often, and if in some matches he seems to be giving the ball away then make him stop, i don't see any harm in it tbf. However Terry was pretty shocking in my opinion, the defence line was, Bosingwa was a bit loose on the line but he was brilliant as he has been in his past matches offensively.

But we still have a problem, and that is midfield, we need a creative midfielder and i think we are set for the season if you ask me. Defence just needs to be sorted out but no new players, because defence has been shocking since the West Brom game.

Our suicidal high line.

I prefer Carlo's defensive tactic better. . . .that high line simply isn't working as our defenders are too slow to react to counter attack. We wouldn't get away with it against stronger oppositions

I haven't noticed any change to our style of play and team selection from last season. . . .not even a slight change

Pressure on opponents.

Better movement on the ball, there has been a few dodgy moments but all in all we are playing better stuff than last season.

Subs are spot on, Andre has won us 6 points with his subs in the last 2 weeks.

Better possesion, today we had 68%, previous 2 games 64%, last season we didn't get the majority off possesion half the time.

lol yeah...in fact right now it looks a bit worse..

But I believe in AVB more than any of our players...Its like you can always trust the guy to get a result...And of course, the season's only begun

Heh I've watched only 3 halfs of Chelsea football since the season started and I could name quite a few changes. Moaning about team selection is acceptable (and expected) but ignoring facts to strengthen your arguement is not.

lionsden has a point, don't let the scoreline fool you, there's been very little changes and i don't blame people if they havent seen any change at all, because there's still tiny magic coming from our midfield, and weak crosses from the wingers, until Mata came on of course. We need a creative midfielder and it's been said for ages and i would think that's our problem solved. Cause i wont expect Lampard to be kicking out very good passes all the time.

Guest justin_3d

Torres had no assistance today, but he didn't make things easier for himself either, he gave up a lot of the time and could of been a lot quicker in some situations, however when Mata came on he got 2 chances, both of them were headers. I agree with you though, creativity is not back at all, we need a creative midfielder which we have been shouting out for for a long time, and that player needs to come now in this window, even if it's not Modric, get someone who is at Chelsea level and can play a good pass. But Torres as our main striker, Lukaku played very well when he came on, he should definitely be on the bench. And Mata on that left wing with Sturridge on the right, and if we don't get a creative midfielder then please McEachran-Mikel/Romeu-Ramires, with Lampard on the bench.

I was very pleased with Anelka, and have been recently, he creates magic and works very hard, Anelka still is one of my favourite players, but since January last season i've just given up on him, but he seems to be playing really well still. Malouda was decent but he creates nothing on that left wing, besides crossing it low in the middle of the box behind where the players are running in just for the defender to clear it... and this happens all the time. I think Ramires should be encouraged to move forward a bit too, he usually creates something amazing, his pace and control is a gift he has, and he should use it more often, and if in some matches he seems to be giving the ball away then make him stop, i don't see any harm in it tbf. However Terry was pretty shocking in my opinion, the defence line was, Bosingwa was a bit loose on the line but he was brilliant as he has been in his past matches offensively.

But we still have a problem, and that is midfield, we need a creative midfielder and i think we are set for the season if you ask me. Defence just needs to be sorted out but no new players, because defence has been shocking since the West Brom game.

Defense should be better with David Luiz getting back into the team. Cause the game we are tying to play suits this kinda of player.

Anelka coming as a super sub is much better then a starter. Which is something i know will happen with Drogs, Lamps, and Malouda if they become super subs.

And mid, there is no hiding it. Don't know what AVB will do.....

AVB on Drogba, Skypsorts:

"He is a little bit better and coming around. He is going for a full scan to assess the extent of the head injury and the concussion.

"He has made steady progress since he has fallen I have to complement my medical staff for being able to react straight away to a dangerous situation."

I have to say I feel a little sorry for the new manager. He has come to a club with far more negatives than there are positives. We have established players (Terry, Lampard, Drogba) and recent big-money recruits (Ramires, Torres) that simply do not suit what he wants to do.

Terry is never going to be part of a defence that plays a high-line. He's slow and it won't work. But he's the captain and has more influence at the club than probably the manager does.

Lampard is old and is arguably our biggest problem. But he's a club legend and won't tolerate being dropped. Drogba is 33 and simply incapable of producing his absolute best all the time. Torres is frankly rubbish and cost 50m. What the hell can you do with him? Ramires is a great athlete but a pretty rubbish footballer. What the hell do you do with him?

AVB has one hell of a job on his hands and I wish him well but he is really going to struggle.

Really glad we won, but our defence looked so nervous! They need to improve! And I cant wait for Cech and david Luiz to come back!! Mata, Ramirez and Lukaku played really well, hopefully Torres and Mata will be great together. And Sturridge will be back for the next match so thats good! :)

I have to say I feel a little sorry for the new manager. He has come to a club with far more negatives than there are positives. We have established players (Terry, Lampard, Drogba) and recent big-money recruits (Ramires, Torres) that simply do not suit what he wants to do.

Terry is never going to be part of a defence that plays a high-line. He's slow and it won't work. But he's the captain and has more influence at the club than probably the manager does.

Lampard is old and is arguably our biggest problem. But he's a club legend and won't tolerate being dropped. Drogba is 33 and simply incapable of producing his absolute best all the time. Torres is frankly rubbish and cost 50m. What the hell can you do with him? Ramires is a great athlete but a pretty rubbish footballer. What the hell do you do with him?

AVB has one hell of a job on his hands and I wish him well but he is really going to struggle.

Villas is smart. He has to build a networking inside the club before benching Terry, Lampard and asking Didier to leave.

He is a young and an unproven manager, if he make such drastic changes, it will be recipe for a disaster.

Just remember what happened with Scolari when Ballack and Didier thought he wasnt good enough.