Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I agree with most of your post - I just think there are better CBs available at VVDs price. For example - Romagnoli, Bonucci, Laporte would all be better purchases. But that's for another thread. I think I'd rather give Christensen a chance - he's just like a new signing essentially. If he wasn't owned by Chelsea he would've been snapped up by one of the other big clubs by now. He's got a fan in Pep for example. 

Absolutely this, especially the last line.

We should think of him as a new signing rather than an academy product. He is really good and juts turned 21. If we didn't have him already, we would have been linked with him for sure.

27 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Again with the conspiracy theories. I need someone to prove to me how they know Conte isn't the one after Lukaku. Concrete facts. 

Not saying it's legit, but DiMarzio's colleague said a couple weeks ago on twitter (in response to the Lukaku to Chelsea rumours) that Conte wanted Lukaku at Juventus. If true, then it's likely a Conte signing. I would rather believe someone who is knowledgable about Italian football than some random poster on a Chelsea forum lol

1 minute ago, It's too big said:

Not saying it's legit, but DiMarzio's colleague said a couple weeks ago on twitter (in response to the Lukaku to Chelsea rumours) that Conte wanted Lukaku at Juventus. If true, then it's likely a Conte signing. I would rather believe someone who is knowledgable about Italian football than some random poster on a Chelsea forum lol

Yup, DiMarzio claimed that Lukaku was Conte's second choice anyway, so it isn't like he doesn't like him.

You guys look far too much into goals and stats. 

Take a look at Didi PL Games(goals) per season;

26(10), 29(12), 36(20), 19(8), 24(5), 32(29), 36(11), 24(5)

In only two seasons he scored 20 goals or more. In only two seasons he got to over 30 goals in all compilations. Next best was 16 goals twice, 15, 14, and 13 goals twice. 

And would you not consider him one of greatest strikers past few years? 

What realy matters are performances. And mentality; attitude. This is where great strikers separate from good ones, regardless of talent. 

Everyone saying Morata isnt scoring enough; he is clearly brilliant player in big games, while Lukaku is the exact opposite. Loads of goals against alright opponents.

Yes he is young and powerful, but we have to look for improvement, for striker that can take us next level. Is Lukaku realy better than Costa at his best? I dont think so. Then there is this huge price tag of 70m Im positive no striker apart from Suarez and Lewa is worth in today football. 

But if thats Conte decision, so be it. I just dont buy this chelsea love from Lukaku. He left without even trying to compete, he is a very aroggant persona and doesnt strike me as that very hard working player to reach higher and higher level.

5 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Some of the claims on here are laughable.

He has been playing in an Everton squad that relies solely on him for goals and he scores those goals. 

If you took away every single one of Lukakus goals for Everton they would've finished in the same position. They rely on him for nothing.

47 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Is it a downgrade, though? More like a sideways move for me. Neither are great with the ball and both sometimes have trouble in tight areas when closed down. 

I think Diego's biggest positive for us is that he's clutch. Seems to frequently pop up at the right time with a very incisive goal. Lukaku is stronger, bigger, and much better in the air. Plus, and perhaps most importantly, he's never a liability with his temperament. Never gets injured and isn't a controversial person publicly. 

Like you say, there aren't really other options that would be any cheaper and even if we spent £80m or more on someone like Belotti you'd have to pray that he's the real deal and can cut it in a new country, much tougher league, and deal with all the pressure of being a mega expensive player. With Rom we know precisely what we're getting. He knows exactly how to play in the PL.

Costa can score without every pass and cross being aimed at him. Lukaku can't; Costa relies on himself to score. Lukaku relies on those he's around to score. 

If your team has an off day, Costa can probably save you. Lukaku has a far higher probability that he won't, he'll act stranded.

It's not too different from moving from Drogba to the Torres we got. The only positive Lukaku has over a broken, at the very bottom Torres, is his confidence, which lets him score in scenarios Torres would overthink.
Same pace. Same use of strength, which is depressing. Broken Torres was better in the air. Broken Torres would show more grit. Broken Torres would have better hold up play. Broken Torres could be an assist machine. 

Torres was still one of our worst ever strikers. And offered so, so much more than Lukaku. 

Lukaku will be in the bottom 3 of the Roman era. Below Anelka, below Kalou, below Eto'o, below Ba, below my love Gudj (obviously not in order, some of these are greats.) He'll be right there with Falcao & Pato as complete utter nonsense signings, who'll never be torn apart appropriately, due to a shield of charm.

1 minute ago, We Hate Scouse said:

If you took away every single one of Lukakus goals for Everton they would've finished in the same position. They rely on him for nothing.

Lol..

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

You guys look far too much into goals and stats. 

Take a look at Didi PL Games(goals) per season;

26(10), 29(12), 36(20), 19(8), 24(5), 32(29), 36(11), 24(5)

In only two seasons he scored 20 goals or more. In only two seasons he got to over 30 goals in all compilations. Next best was 16 goals twice, 15, 14, and 13 goals twice. 

And would you not consider him one of greatest strikers past few years? 

What realy matters are performances. And mentality; attitude. This is where great strikers separate from good ones, regardless of talent. 

Everyone saying Morata isnt scoring enough; he is clearly brilliant player in big games, while Lukaku is the exact opposite. Loads of goals against alright opponents.

Yes he is young and powerful, but we have to look for improvement, for striker that can take us next level. Is Lukaku realy better than Costa at his best? I dont think so. Then there is this huge price tag of 70m Im positive no striker apart from Suarez and Lewa is worth in today football. 

But if thats Conte decision, so be it. I just dont buy this chelsea love from Lukaku. He left without even trying to compete, he is a very aroggant persona and doesnt strike me as that very hard working player to reach higher and higher level.

Well if we going on Attitude, Costa has a very shit one and weak mentality when he doesn't get his own way. I don't wanna be drawn into shitting on Costa because he's been very good for us, but he also lets us down with his temper and he often lets himself down by how childish he can be at time for his age. 

LATEST 

LATEST LUKAKU ODDS

Chelsea are the odds-on favourites at 2/7 with Sky Bet to bring Romelu Lukaku back to the club this summer. Manchester United are second in the Belgium striker's next club market at 7/2 and he's all the way out at 8/1 to remain with Everton.

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2017/5/24/15678240/2016-17-everton-player-reviews-romelu-lukaku-grades-premier-league-transfer-latest

An interesting read about his season in review. They touch on "big games" and how important he was for Everton.

"This season was a fitting send off: plenty of goals and an improved league position. He never went more than 4 matches without scoring and never missed a start after being injured for the first match of the season"

Lukaku 2.png

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2017/5/24/15678240/2016-17-everton-player-reviews-romelu-lukaku-grades-premier-league-transfer-latest

An interesting read about his season in review. They touch on "big games" and how important he was for Everton.

Lukaku 2.png

And to think everyone above him plays for a Champions League team and he has been doing it for Everton..

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Please stop this narrative man. That Morata guy has played for two of the best teams in the last decade - Zidane's Madrid and Allegri's Juve. Lukaku has played for WBA and Everton, its not a fair comparison. If Romelu does land, CFC is the first big club he's ever been at (let's not count his first spell here). 

After the Michy scenario I'm not letting anyone think this is a Conte signing without a laugh :lol:

You don't follow a player, as a club, season after season, despite whoever the manager is, and then sign him.....because your new manager wants him. It's the board. It's Roman and idiots. It's Fifa 18 lovers.

Its gonna really suck to have a striker in the team who loves the club and scores 20 or more a season... What are Chelsea thinking? Sign a guy who is 24 and has already scored 85 premier league goals and adores the club.

Emenalo and Marina are morons.