Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Of course he will not join us.

I think :

1- the claims we were interested came from his agents to attract attention from other clubs.

2- The deal was on hold, waiting the new manager final word. It seems Villas is not a big fan of the belgian. Last week lots of rumors about Lukaku, right now its all about Falcao.

Don't see it happening either.

I reckon he's already signed and is just trying to shut out the media for a while. Transfer to be announced later. Just a hunch, he said he wanted his future decided and considering there has been no announcement, I can only assume he's either decided to stay put or join us, and will announce it at another stage.

I think the reports of us losing interest in Lukaku are premature. Things will have been put on hold once the deal for AVB got moving and now discussions will take place for transfer targets and i would imagine next week we will start to see some movements. Lukaku is a bright young player and i think we are very interested, i would see it as a positive move for us to bring him in and have him as understudy to Torres.

Blue Lion and EskWeston are the only two people that speak any sense on this thread. Why would a very intelligent manager like Villas B not want to bring Lukaku to the bridge? Plus does Anyone have any source what so ever that he prefers Falcao? Lukaku is a WAY better option than Falcao!

Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku is still on Chelsea's radar following the appointment of Andre Villas-Boas as the club's manager

Chelsea have been linked with the 18-year-old for some time, with the Belgium international having been seen as a long-term replacement for Didier Drogba.

The Blues were believed to be close to agreeing a £22million deal for the teenager earlier this month, but although talks between the two clubs took place, Chelsea were believed to be waiting until they had appointed a new manager before trying to finalise the transfer.

Villas-Boas is believed to be keen on signing Columbian forward Falcao from Porto, while Santos striker Neymar - like Lukaku a long-term target - and Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto'o are also on the Portuguese's shopping list.

But the club are believed to still be keen on bringing Lukaku to Stamford Bridge this summer.

Falcao is expected to make the move to west London in the near future in a £26.5m deal and it is thought that even though reports suggest Drogba still has a future at the club, the arrival of two or more new forwards will lead to the Ivory Coast international looking for a new club.

Depending on how many new faces arrive at the club before the end of August, Nicolas Anelka, Salomon Kalou and Daniel Sturridge will continue to have some doubts over their futures at SW6, with £50m signing Fernando Torres the only striker guaranteed to still be a Chelsea player next year.

Lukaku has already admitted on more than one occasion that he is keen on joining Chelsea.

<BR class=clearit>

Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku is still on Chelsea's radar following the appointment of Andre Villas-Boas as the club's manager

Chelsea have been linked with the 18-year-old for some time, with the Belgium international having been seen as a long-term replacement for Didier Drogba.

The Blues were believed to be close to agreeing a £22million deal for the teenager earlier this month, but although talks between the two clubs took place, Chelsea were believed to be waiting until they had appointed a new manager before trying to finalise the transfer.

Villas-Boas is believed to be keen on signing Columbian forward Falcao from Porto, while Santos striker Neymar - like Lukaku a long-term target - and Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto'o are also on the Portuguese's shopping list.

But the club are believed to still be keen on bringing Lukaku to Stamford Bridge this summer.

Falcao is expected to make the move to west London in the near future in a £26.5m deal and it is thought that even though reports suggest Drogba still has a future at the club, the arrival of two or more new forwards will lead to the Ivory Coast international looking for a new club.

Depending on how many new faces arrive at the club before the end of August, Nicolas Anelka, Salomon Kalou and Daniel Sturridge will continue to have some doubts over their futures at SW6, with £50m signing Fernando Torres the only striker guaranteed to still be a Chelsea player next year.

Lukaku has already admitted on more than one occasion that he is keen on joining Chelsea.

<BR class=clearit>

Source?

Well, last week it was a done deal, right now he is under radar.

The repport reinforces the rumors about Falcao, so maybe Lukaku is on hold. I cant see Falcao and Lukaku joining at the same time a club who just signed Torres 5 months earlier.

Source?

Come on, you should know by now, British media know nothing of our affairs!

They all made us believe Hiddink was prime target last week :lol:

Source?

The repport reinforces the rumors about Falcao, so maybe Lukaku is on hold. I cant see Falcao and Lukaku joining at the same time a club who just signed Torres 5 months earlier.

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Chelsea-FC-target-Romelu-Lukaku-still-wanted-by-Andre-Villas-Boas-20110624/

Come on, you should know by now, British media know nothing of our affairs!

They all made us believe Hiddink was prime target last week :lol:

But We also believed in Hiddinks news. =)

All we can do right now is speculate. But I'm not sure If its a wise move to pay 22m for a striker and then loan him for Bolton.

Barcelona did this many times and it never worked.