Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Chelsea must convince Lukaku to come back in January by ensuring him that they will not sign another striker in the winter transfer window.Reassurance of regular game time may help Lukaku reconsider his decision.We will never be in such a striker situation again and imo this is his best opportunity to succeed.

Summer transfer window will see us having 3 strikers-

1)Some expensive world class striker-Falcao/Cavani . OR Torres staying because of a continuous good run of form.(unlikely but maybe possible)

2) Some striker we BUY in the winter transfer window.-Ba,Negredo or someone.

3)Lukaku

It will be harder for him to be the main man and then he will complain about lack of game timeReturning to Chelsea will give him the chance to play with his future team mates and develop a quicker understanding of their playing style.

The whole point of the loan move was to give him some game time and the chance to show his potential so that he could he get in the first team of Chelsea.He's done fairly well at WBA,well enough to get the role of a second striker at Chelsea.So don't understand why he wants to stay at wba,really hope that he changes his mind.

Chelsea must convince Lukaku to come back in January by ensuring him that they will not sign another striker in the winter transfer window.Reassurance of regular game time may help Lukaku reconsider his decision.We will never be in such a striker situation again and imo this is his best opportunity to succeed.

Summer transfer window will see us having 3 strikers-

1)Some expensive world class striker-Falcao/Cavani . OR Torres staying because of a continuous good run of form.(unlikely but maybe possible)

2) Some striker we BUY in the winter transfer window.-Ba,Negredo or someone.

3)Lukaku

It will be harder for him to be the main man and then he will complain about lack of game timeReturning to Chelsea will give him the chance to play with his future team mates and develop a quicker understanding of their playing style.

The whole point of the loan move was to give him some game time and the chance to show his potential so that he could he get in the first team of Chelsea.He's done fairly well at WBA,well enough to get the role of a second striker at Chelsea.Really hope that he changes his mind.

Like your post, but not sure if he should come back, if he does come back and sits on the bench we won't find out much about him here...

At WBA he is playing more and scoring - I definitely think a full season on Loan is what he needs

It's a tough call and with Studge leaving we do need to do something regarding strikers :(

Where's my crystal ball :)

I would love it to be true that Torres leaves - just can't see it, unless Rafa gets a job elsewhere :)

If we are going to play Lukaku next year then we don't need BA, we need somebody like Villa on loan, but that looks fucked now as well!!!

Football - so annoying and rewarding!

It would be a waste of money to recall him now imho. Sure he could sit on the bench and get some minutes whenever the first striker needs to be rested, but he would stop developing again and wouldnt reach his potential in a few years.

Unless offcourse they plan on giving him alot of starts, but that seems unlikely at his age...

I'd rather have a really good striker next year or the year after then a decent substitute now.

Not sure how he got motm today. Apart from the goal which was a tap in he was awful

What? He was a handful and caused there defences all sorts of problems. I think you were watching a different game because you clearly did not watch the same match as most of us did

Not sure how he got motm today. Apart from the goal which was a tap in he was awful

wwwooohhh dude!!! he was wba's best player by a mile. i mean we keep crying over torres not getting any service from the mid but this match showed what not getting any service actually is. brunt was horrendous, fortune was awful, morrison had an off day, in the 1st half wba could not string 5 passes together. compare it to lukaku who won a lot of aerial challenges, was good at holding the ball, and add to that the second half display (in which he shoud have scored his 2nd goal in a 1 on 1 but screwed it up because of his right leg and 2 really good headers with nice movement and running in the channels) u get a fairly good performace (probably not MOTM because that should have been berba in my opinion). even when wba moved him to the left wing he was a serious danger and put in some really good crosses.

Berbatov was MOTM. Lukaku MOTM by goal.com.. He played well; not lucky hitting the post.

The only thing that really annoys me is the fact he's complaining all the time. I hope that'll change while getting a bit older.

His strength and pace is just awesome.