Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXiTdjn5ZVY

YouTube videos aside, saying Drogba is not technically gifted is similar to saying Jimi Hendrix was an average guitarist. The man's poise and balance is incredible, and his ability to do skill moves is incredible.

You do realise youtube can make anything look good and those were just exceptions. I have based my assertion on all the Chelsea games DD has featured in over the years. His first touch and close control is absolutely appalling for a professional footballer and he's majorly responsible for our poor ball retention in the final third over the last 3 years I can not recall how many build up play he broke down last season and during pre-season due to his heavy touches and poor dribbling ability. The only technical attribute he can take credit for is his set-piece delivery and crossing/long balls which is not sufficient to qualify a player as technically gifted but I don't want to derail this Lukaku thread and would end this discussion from here.

You do realise youtube can make anything look good and those were just exceptions. I have based my assertion on all the Chelsea games DD has featured in over the years. His first touch and close control is absolutely appalling for a professional footballer and he's majorly responsible for our poor ball retention in the final third over the last 3 years I can not recall how many build up play he broke down last season and during pre-season due to his heavy touches and poor dribbling ability. The only technical attribute he can take credit for is his set-piece delivery and crossing/long balls which is not sufficient to qualify a player as technically gifted but I don't want to derail this Lukaku thread and would end this discussion from here.

:blink:

I think we'll agree to disagree... others can agree with my relative sanity in the belief that Drogba is technically a very good player, and certainly at least our most skilful player...

If you think Drogba is not technically gifted then you have a severe mental retardation or you know nothing about football, it's ludicrous to suggest that drogba isn't technically gifted and I'd even go as far to say that he's one of our most technically gifted players.

Anyway I'm a bit concerned that there's been no announcement.

Lukaku's Dad on his son's reaction to the Chelsea deal:

'For him, it's an absolute dream come true. He will play alongside his idol, Didier Drogba. When he heard the news, he went crazy. He jumped for joy. He has directly put on the jersey of Chelsea and he started dancing in the living room. At that moment, I remembered that my son was still only 18. This naivety is amazing. I think it will help him succeed. He will play in one of the biggest clubs in the world but it will never be undermined by pressure'.

i don't know if this was posted here, so...

I have real high hopes for this lad i think he will do incredibly well in the years to come

I have real high hopes for this lad i think he will do incredibly well in the years to come