Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

We're really gonna pay these cocknoses 60m+ for an above average striker after they screwed us over with Stones last summer? **** Everton and **** Lukaku

Watch them use that money to outbid us for Koulibaly

17 minutes ago, Symbol123 said:

We're really gonna pay these cocknoses 60m+ for an above average striker after they screwed us over with Stones last summer? **** Everton and **** Lukaku

Watch them use that money to outbid us for Koulibaly

Koulibaly has to want to go there, though. Still hold out hope that if we also bid for him there's no chance he chooses that small time club over us.

5 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

To be honest, De Bruyne couldn't even make De Bruyne look good at the Euros. Lukaku didn't play bad at all considering our tactics. He scored twice, put several players in front of goal with a pass (who then wasted the opportunity) and was just half a foot away from a couple of more goals at times. I would like to see how he and Michy would get along on the field though. Could be a good combo.

You throw N'Golo into that combination ans we are on a winner.

I really think he would work well with the team we got now

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Koulibaly has to want to go there, though. Still hold out hope that if we also bid for him there's no chance he chooses that small time club over us.

Bloody hope so bud

"Premier league proven" is such an overrated myth. It shouldn't be considered an advantage for someone who does well in the Prem when they are compared to another player in Europe. Alvaro Morata for example has proved himself at the biggest stage in Europe and done well against a strong English club like City. Who cares if he is 'not premier league proven'? I consider him head and shoulders above Lukaku and it's not even a competition tbh. Same people think Ronaldo is better than Messi because he has proved it in the premier league. As if Messi couldn't score against Sunderland and Bournemouth even though he constantly abuses English teams in Europe. :D 

Lukaku would just be another name added to the long list of our players who can't complete a one-touch pas or pass a football under the slightest bit of pressure. Great.

1 hour ago, The Chels said:

Guess that means Costa is out. 

Otherwise I don't see the point of this with Costa, Bats and Remy. With Traore coming in here and there. 

11 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I going to come off the fence here and say that if Costa goes I would welcome him back here with open arms. I am sick and tired of looking at transfers figures now and to be honest it's just all completely fucked, but one thing I am sure of is, if he comes, that Conte can get the maximum from him. Like someone already stated he scored goals in an average side, yes he may not be immaculate but for me he would a complete blank canvas for Conte to really make him work out. 

I'd be very happy to see him and Michy lead the line.

True. In today's match, Conte already got the maximum out of Terry and Cahill. I am excited to see what he can do with a talent like Lukaku.

The worst thing about all this is the transfer fee involved. For 50m+ you should be getting someone who is nailed on to perform week in and week out for the club.

He can score, but when he's not in scoring form he hardly offers anything to the team...I remember that period in the middle of last season where he was an almost complete no-show for Everton. Granted they were playing terrible as a whole, but this doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I'd rather have Morata for the kind of money we're talking about.

From the 2 friendlies I've seen so far, it seems that this 424 is a 451 in defence with one of the strikers dropping deep in to midfield.  I like Morata's play in transition.

Edit:  I'd take Icardi over Lukaku as well.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Is Lukaku able to play in a 2 striker system with Michy as his striker partner?

I thought Lukaku is more suited in a 1 striker system.What do you think?

I think he's better with another striker next to him. Like Kone last year. 

3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

FB_IMG_1469973869195.jpg

Surely that can't be true. I'd rather get griezmann for that amount of money and stick with Batman and troare/remy/hazard up front 

1 minute ago, Valdo said:

Surely that can't be true. I'd rather get griezmann for that amount of money and stick with Batman and troare/remy/hazard up front 

I'm afraid Griezmans going nowhere - but I'd love him.

I reckonLukaku coming to us is the perfect timing. Hes got alot of his mates here so fitting ins no problem. Hes going to be our most expensive player and  thats going to give his ego a rocket. Add that getting fed by our AMs and CMs and partner with Batman plus Conte here then I just see a win win situation.

OK hes a bit dear but we saved a hellovalot of money on N'Golo, we got the sale of Costa thats just bound to happen plus the money we made on him for selling him the 1st time round.

Hes a young guy and unless he pulls a Torres his value is only going up. Its a no brainer.