Chelsea 2-1 West Brom

BlueLion.

Stll the same team so still the same performances.

If we're being entirely honest with each other Lampard is now one of our biggest problems. He is slow and just passes sideways. He has no energy, speed and doesn't make progressive passes. He was worse than Kalou in my opinion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Exactly what makes you think that mata is like malouda?

Some people must be loosing their mind to compare Mata to Malouda.

I think the Pool fever is settling in!

Neither Torres or the whole team created a single chance in the first half... The "chance" by Cole was a hopeful long shot. And Torres was subbed off at the beginning of 2nd half... So not him or anybody else were even close to creating a decent chance. Drogba wasted his and disappeared for the rest of the game... simple as that, the whole team sucked and they were no exceptions.

Agree, team failure.

Guest justin_3d

please dont tell me PF19 is also on 60,000 wages?

we should seriously offer performance based or incentives based wages.

I think Paulo is also on high wages.....

Because Torres can do what Drogba can't right now, which is to dribble past players. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Drogba doesn't "lose" the ball because he never actually starts the process. He loses the ball when he has a bad touch and he had the touch of an elephant today.

They are different strikers and unfortunately I see the same problem still s the team can't play to Torres' strengths. He could have been played in a couple of times today and never was. Maybe that's why he forces it a bit because otherwise he never sees the ball in a decent scoring position.

precisely... so y r we persisting with torres... its about chelsea not torres... we are unable to get anythin out him n by benchin drogba we r definitely infuriating him... no one here is new to drogba's antics n i dont think we can let drogba go in the winter...

Drogba dribble, haha :giggle: yeah one inch, he is in the box where Torres should be. Torres runs around like a winger o midfielder and fights 2-3 players instead of being up in front thats the difference.

Which is what he was doing at the beginning of the game and how much did he touch the ball? Kalou wouldn't even play him in when he was wide open to his left. Torres started getting more touches when he switched to the right.

drogba missed a goal because he made a run towards the goal n became a target man instead of just sendin alongside the defenders of the other team unlike torres... plus wat GOAL did torres create??? scratch tat wat half chance did torres create???

I can't take you seriously. How do you defend THAT miss? That was a sitter. A big Drogba fan like you would expect him to at least get his foot on the ball in that situation wouldn't you?

Guest justin_3d

Stll the same team so still the same performances.

If we're being entirely honest with each other Lampard is now one of our biggest problems. He is slow and just passes sideways. He has no energy, speed and doesn't make progressive passes. He was worse than Kalou in my opinion.

Lampard had a good second half.

The day i see Lampard sitting in the bench and coming in the second half a super sub, i will cry!

Cause playing Lampard full 90 minutes is like trying to milk a bull.

And this is the last time i will say that, cause i am getting annoyed repeating the same thing over and over again.

But it seems AVB does not want to listen, and that is driving me mad!

Lampard had a good second half.

The day i see Lampard sitting in the bench and coming in the second half a super sub, i will cry!

Cause playing Lampard full 90 minutes is like trying to milk a bull.

Good second half? You must be having a laugh. Although that just confirms how sh*t he was in the first if the second was an improvement. Nothing will imrpove with him in the team every week.

precisely... so y r we persisting with torres... its about chelsea not torres... we are unable to get anythin out him n by benchin drogba we r definitely infuriating him... no one here is new to drogba's antics n i dont think we can let drogba go in the winter...

I've already pointed this out in earlier posts. AVB can persist with change or he can do a Carlo and stick with Lampard and Drogba. With the latter, maybe Chelsea will benefit in the short term against weak opposition. Will it work against the the top 4 teams? Against strong CL teams?

The fact that we are pursuing Mata and Modric tells you AVB wants changes. I'm hoping Torres doesn't get sacrificed meanwhile. And AVB really has to decide if Lampard and Torres are compatible because they thrive in completely different systems. He like Carlo are starting them together and I think this is really a bad mix.

I can't take you seriously. How do you defend THAT miss? That was a sitter. A big Drogba fan like you would expect him to at least get his foot on the ball in that situation wouldn't you?

of course i do n i did... i m not defendin the miss... i m tellin u the difference between drogba n torres play... torres is almost stationary n not a target man... while drogba is n tat is y we could get tat chance... n wen torres plays the way he does( no movement) the defence line is maintained and our already sucky wingers can do absolutely nothin... also torres likes to create chances which he is unable to.... so for me drogba should be startin n torres should be the sub...

I was watching the game in the first half and my daughter came in the room. She asked if I had the tv on slo-mo. I said no. She said "then why are they playing so slow?" No words for that.

that's gold... how does the saying go, "children's mouths don't lie"?

I'd much rather prefer a slow start to the season if it brings along gradual improvement and momentum. We started like a house on fire last season only to wither away. Hard-fought games at the start especially under a new manager paints a true picture of where we stand and what we need to do to get where we want to be. Whereas a smashing start lets everyone get carried away and ignore issues that affect the team.

of course i do n i did... i m not defendin the miss... i m tellin u the difference between drogba n torres play... torres is almost stationary n not a target man... while drogba is n tat is y we could get tat chance... n wen torres plays the way he does( no movement) the defence line is maintained and our already sucky wingers can do absolutely nothin... also torres likes to create chances which he is unable to.... so for me drogba should be startin n torres should be the sub...

Stop typing like that. It's annoying.

I've already pointed this out in earlier posts. AVB can persist with change or he can do a Carlo and stick with Lampard and Drogba. With the latter, maybe Chelsea will benefit in the short term against weak opposition. Will it work against the the top 4 teams? Against strong CL teams?

The fact that we are pursuing Mata and Modric tells you AVB wants changes. I'm hoping Torres doesn't get sacrificed meanwhile. And AVB really has to decide if Lampard and Torres are compatible because they thrive in completely different systems. He like Carlo are starting them together and I think this is really a bad mix.

agreed on everythin except one thing dude... do u really think a striker who is not able to score against a defense of wba at stamford bridge can go to old trafford n change all of his luck... the problem is not ven scorin a goal but the fact tat he did not even ve a decent chance(which drogba did because of his run n on most days he would ve scored it)... tat is wat is worryin...