Chelsea 2-1 West Brom

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be much different than against Stoke, we'll probably get more room and more goals. Hopefully by that game we'll have new winger(s).

It's a Hodgson team though. They won't be as physical as Stoke but will keep a tight shape and counter. Only way to open them up is to score first which we have seen is quite difficult for Chelsea...

Curse you and your red card Sturridge, he would've been well effective vs Brom & Norwich :(

I really would want to see Benayoun on that right wing other than Kalou, but I know it won't happen, which is a real shame (but understandable).

This will be hard because they know they've already lost their first game but i think their style suits us and they're probably easier to break through than Stoke in all fairness. If we play like we did today, we'll win 3 or 4 nil but we need an early goal to settle down. The longer we go without scoring, we might get anxious and West Brom may smell blood.

3-0 i reckon.

It will be nice to play a side who, unlike Stoke, try to attack and win. I would imagine we won't play as high a line against them due to this.

My expected lineup:

Cech

Bosingwa Alex JT Cole

Ramires Mikel Lampard

Anelka Torres Malouda

I will admit I would like to see Josh get a start over Lamps to help our woes in the final third, but I don't think it's in the cards. I trust AVB's judgment though.

Considering what we did to Stoke 16 months ago is it any suprise they don't attack us?

This is Andre's chance to make a real statement, drop the under-performing players off last week so that Cole, Lamps, Malouda and Kalou OUT Bertrand, McEachran, Benayoun and Anelka IN.

Im hoping Foster get's a early red card, Marton Fulop in goal at The Bridge again is a very attractive proposition.

my team: Cech, Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Bertrand, McEachran, Ramires, Mikel, Benayoun, Anelka, Torres.

Sturridges suspension hit us hard yesterday, we could really have done with him on the right particularly because his replacement was kale who managed to enter one of his all time crap performances. I'm optimistic though, we played well and Torres was excellent. For this game I think it could be cech bosingwa Alex Terry cole ramires lampard mceachran anelka Torres malouda and that should be good enough for a fairly comfortable victory.

I really hope Lampard is dropped, if he is it will show us that AVB has balls and is able to drop our big players when they're not playing well. Also i hope by this match we will have a winger but doubt it. God i wish Kalou and Malouda will just leave.