English Riots

Rubber bullets

Unfortunately i think to many English boys try to model themselves on the behavior of some of the more negative parts of the African American Culture they so long to be a part off in parts of the U.S .

Sigh.

Elaborate..

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh.

Elaborate..

to many young adults bodding round with baseball caps listening to some rapper telling them to ideolise money and objectify women , whilst for no obvious reason despising police officers .

Was looking at some of the videos, and to tell you the truth, i don't think this might be bad as if that where to happen in NYC.

Some of the people over there are polite, Brooklyn....you get your ass shot!

Those English boys that try to act so hard core, would be crying over here!

Anyways it sucks this is happening over there. But it might be a thing to consider for people to be prepared over in NYC. Cause if that happen over there in London, and has been that bad, how much worse over in NYC???

Much worse. The reason it is getting out of hand in London is because the police there don't carry guns. Which is stupid IMO. (London people correct me if I'm wrong).

Regarding riots in NYC. Crowds would come out on streets with guns in their hands shooting and looting innocent people causing alot of deaths. Afterall manhattan is surrounded by ghettos like Bronx and queens

to many young adults bodding round with baseball caps listening to some rapper telling them to ideolise money and objectify women , whilst for no obvious reason despising police officers .

Idolising women and money isn't an african-american thing. It's a concept everyone has had conceived in their mind by the general media. And if we're being blunt here, it's not just black rappers who do this. I can name a handful of white rappers who sing/rap the same lyrics.

Tbh though I do agree with you, but not in the way you've worded it. There are many wanna be's in this generation who try to look rough and talk themselves up but can't stand on their own 2 feet in a confrontation. But it's not them trying to be black american's, it's them just trying to be brave :lol:

Which is stupid IMO. (London people correct me if I'm wrong).

The rioters here aren't armed with guns and knives. There's no real need for armed police in that sense. Water cannons would be a better solution.

Speaking in a broader sense, armed police is never a good idea in countries like Britain. It's too negative and plays into the thugish police mentality some of these kids have, in that aspect I have a lot of respect for these unarmed police officers.

to many young adults bodding round with baseball caps listening to some rapper telling them to ideolise money and objectify women , whilst for no obvious reason despising police officers.

Professors & linguistic professors beg to differ. I can guarantee you've never listented to 'real' rap music.

You are generalizing.

Guest justin_3d

The rioters here aren't armed with guns and knives. There's no real need for armed police in that sense. Water cannons would be a better solution.

Speaking in a broader sense, armed police is never a good idea in countries like Britain. It's too negative and plays into the thugish police mentality some of these kids have, in that aspect I have a lot of respect for these unarmed police officers.

If it does gets out of hands, do you think they will do something like Marshall Law?

You ever seen the movie Children of Men? Crazy stuff, hey?

If it does gets out of hands, do you think they will do something like Marshall Law?

I hope I never see, in my life time, Britain under marshal law. It would be a terrible thing to happen.

I don't think it will get to that point right now. However if this carries on a few more days, it wouldn't surprise me.

Guest justin_3d

I hope I never see, in my life time, Britain under marshal law. It would be a terrible thing to happen.

I don't think it will get to that point right now. However if this carries on a few more days, it wouldn't surprise me.

When Katrina happen, there was sort of a semi-Marshall law in New Orleans. I am not sure if there was one, but i know the National Guard had to come in, cause the looter where shooting and stuff.

Professors & linguistic professors beg to differ. I can guarantee you've never listented to 'real' rap music.

You are generalizing.

well i don't know what your definition of " real " rap music is but i know that the mainstream artists do

Agree. Most but not all, rap artists seem to boast and glorify being a gangsta and all the ill gotten trappings that go with it. Mysogynistic and degrading portarayal of women in videos. A few, small minority are rich from it. Impressionable yoof see it as da way to be innit. One of the transatlatic imports we could quite easily do without.

If you go to Chicago or Los Angeles though it sounds right %28Y%29.gif -just not in Peckham.

In the 80s it was reggae -alright shut up grandad

:goodpost:

Why not? A round of police fire in the air can disperse the looters. U can't have water cannons unless there is a protest. Also a police with a baton can get his shit kicked by the looters.

You gotta get strict with these scums. As Justin mentioned there were lootings, shootings and rapes post Katrina and army was called in. You gotta bring in guns to get these assholes to stop pillaging public property

Guest justin_3d

thought i would post this

Interesting video.

About the same abuse the minorities suffer over in the US.