English Riots

Rubber bullets

its all kicking off in manchester the scum have forced their way into the arndale centre , anybody saying its due to their beloved youth club closing couldn't be more wrong . They have seen the opportunity to gain expensive material gooods .

if they must set fire to places in Manchester ...I could suggest 2 better targets than Miss Selfridge

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please listen to this guy.

He's not speaking for all of them obviously, but he does hit the nail on the head.

What the fuck is he on about when he says cops killing a drug dealer was wrong and they didn't investigate?

The situation in Egypt was worse but you gotta take your hats off to the youth there that went about with their agenda. Facebook, twitter and nonviolent protest. They had clear demands, so did Tunisian revolution. O haven't heard any such demands from the so called "youths" or an organization to the british government. All I have seen is crowds are loose on the streets beating up innocent people and looting them. Destroying public property and then having the audacity to blame it on the govt when intrrviewed and terming the govt inability to support the youths as an excuse to beating up innocent people and damaging their property.

Fucking he'll if you hate the government take your protest down at the 10th downing street and the parliament don't loot properties on innocent people

What the fuck is he on about when he says cops killing a drug dealer was wrong and they didn't investigate?

The situation in Egypt was worse but you gotta take your hats off to the youth there that went about with their agenda. Facebook, twitter and nonviolent protest. They had clear demands, so did Tunisian revolution. O haven't heard any such demands from the so called "youths" or an organization to the british government. All I have seen is crowds are loose on the streets beating up innocent people and looting them. Destroying public property and then having the audacity to blame it on the govt when intrrviewed and terming the govt inability to support the youths as an excuse to beating up innocent people and damaging their property.

Fucking he'll if you hate the government take your protest down at the 10th downing street and the parliament don't loot properties on innocent people

I agree.

Like I said, he's not speaking for all of them. But there are those who are fighting for a cause, which should be noted. However it is a shame the approach has gone so badly they've made themselves criminals and that hooligans have jumped on the steamroller.

I also agree they should've targeted Downing St, Banks & other Government buildings to protest out of.

i think we will and are starting to see a shift to the right in the U.K . people simply don't have the time anymore for people such as Fulham Broadway and LDN Blue who constantly try to excuse or put the emphasis on other things i really am starting to believe that multiculturalism has failed and were going to see more and more trouble like this if we don't take some sort of action to reinstate a bit of pride and respect of other people or in our own country .

i think we will and are starting to see a shift to the right in the U.K . people simply don't have the time anymore for people such as Fulham Broadway and LDN Blue who constantly try to excuse or put the emphasis on other things i really am starting to believe that multiculturalism has failed and were going to see more and more trouble like this if we don't take some sort of action to reinstate a bit of pride and respect of other people or in our own country .

So what do you propose?

So what do you propose?

well that's the tough bit lol im not quite sure . The only way we will prevent more people on the streets is if we send out a clear message it just wont be tolerated . If anybody caught looting / rioting is given a 5 - 6 year prison sentence ( depending on their level of involvement ) once a few had been convicted i think people would really stop to think before heading out .

well that's the tough bit lol im not quite sure . The only way we will prevent more people on the streets is if we send out a clear message it just wont be tolerated . If anybody caught looting / rioting is given a 5 - 6 year prison sentence ( depending on their level of involvement ) once a few had been convicted i think people would really stop to think before heading out

But we already have a problem of overflowing jails. If we lock up people for such things, there will be no room for more serious crimes.

Also prison doesn't rehabilitate criminals. Looting and such can be rehabilitated so perhaps a forceful community service would be more appropriate, while on house arrest?

But we already have a problem of overflowing jails. If we lock up people for such things, there will be no room for more serious crimes.

Also prison doesn't rehabilitate criminals. Looting and such can be rehabilitated so perhaps a forceful community service would be more appropriate, while on house arrest?

possibly i can see what your saying but i just think people don't fear punishment anymore . i honestly believe if i went out into Manchester smashed a few windows threw a few stones and generally yelled abuse at people for one i reckon id have a Goood chance of getting away with it , and two if caught i cant imagine id get more than a slap on the wrist .

Think you are right mate. Survey (admittedly in the Daily Hate) asking Do You Want to See the Army on the Streets? got a 90% thumbs up.

I'm old enough amd ugly enough to have seen it so many times though 1980,81,85 etc and it always starts with the cops killing a black bloke -same as it did in the LA Riots -so you start to think theres more to it, and you get sick of it

possibly i can see what your saying but i just think people don't fear punishment anymore . i honestly believe if i went out into Manchester smashed a few windows threw a few stones and generally yelled abuse at people for one i reckon id have a Goood chance of getting away with it , and two if caught i cant imagine id get more than a slap on the wrist

Legally speaking though, jail simply isn't an option.

As for your original post, I do not defend the damaging of property, destruction of small time businesses and job losses. I can't defend any of that, I condemn all of it. All I was saying is, all these kids have really rough backgrounds.

I just want to see the Government help these areas become safer, and less drug run and poverty ridden.

Think you are right mate. Survey (admittedly in the Daily Hate) asking Do You Want to See the Army on the Streets? got a 90% thumbs up.

I'm old enough amd ugly enough to have seen it so many times though 1980,81,85 etc and it always starts with the cops killing a black bloke -same as it did in the LA Riots -so you start to think theres more to it, and you get sick of it

ha ha if Fulham Broadway thinks things are shifting this way they really must be :P i obviously don't mean people don't have time for you two as people just for your more sympathetic left wing views just to make it clear :)

http://twitpic.com/63k6tg millwall fans have got the right idea loool

This is a solution afaic. If communities themselves can stop rioters it's much better than having the army do so. Hope it doesn't turn ugly though, you never know with these Millwall fans :lol:

ha ha if Fulham Broadway thinks things are shifting this way they really must be :P i obviously don't mean people don't have time for you two as people just for your more sympathetic left wing views just to make it clear :)

Look you seem a bright bloke, as I see it the kneejerk reactionary right wing response to this is because of the conditioning we get from the corporate media.

This riot is a cry, a shout or scream from the angry ill educated dispossessed. we are all products of the social system we live in. and the rioters are no exception.

Capitalism produces all kinds of anti-social behaviour such as serial-killing, rape, dropping bombs on your fellow workers overseas, dumping food in the sea to boost profits, the list is endless. But we don’t cheer these actions on from the sidelines. No, we organise in order to establish a free and rational society of common ownership and stateless democratic control in order to solve these problems. And that’s what I think we should be arguing for here in the long run. Not falling for the oldest trick in the book about what team you support, what religion you are, or what the colour of your skin is. Thats how the rich cunts win and keep the power.