Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

I really hope chelsea dont sell courtois.He has the potential to be the world's best.

Problem is Cech is arguably the world's best right now and is only 30. He has at least another 5 years and that is being conservative. This is a tough one to work out and to be honest I wouldn't want to be the one making the decision.

Problem is Cech is arguably the world's best right now and is only 30. He has at least another 5 years and that is being conservative. This is a tough one to work out and to be honest I wouldn't want to be the one making the decision.

It come's down to whether you want 5 top years of cech or 10-15 top years of courtois.Tough one yes but i would go with thibaut.

It come's down to whether you want 5 top years of cech or 10-15 top years of courtois.Tough one yes but i would go with thibaut.

But it's so hard to just discard a legend like Cech who is nowhere near the end. If this was an outfield player it makes far more sense but goalkeepers usually peak in their late 30's. Cech is relatively young for a goalkeeper. If he left today he would walk into any club he wanted.

In the Roman era Drogba and Cech have been by far my two favourite players. Even though Drogba left on a massive high it was really sad when he left. Cech leaving will be just as sad.

Who says Cech doesnt have another top 10 years?

He will be having a surgery during the off-season and it is well reported that he might not be able to play at the highest level for too long as compared to other goal keepers.

But it's so hard to just discard a legend like Cech who is nowhere near the end. If this was an outfield player it makes far more sense but goalkeepers usually peak in their late 30's. Cech is relatively young for a goalkeeper. If he left today he would walk into any club he wanted.

In the Roman era Drogba and Cech have been by far my two favourite players. Even though Drogba left on a massive high it was really sad when he left. Cech leaving will be just as sad.

I love cech to bits,some of the saves he has pulled off during his time here have been out of this world and who can forget his contribution to our ucl win but i believe with courtois in goal we will only miss cech for sentimental reasons.

He will be having a surgery during the off-season and it is well reported that he might not be able to play at the highest level for too long as compared to other goal keepers.

I love cech to bits,some of the saves he has pulled off during his time here have been out of this world and who can forget his contribution to our ucl win but i believe with courtois in goal we will only miss cech for sentimental reasons.

I can't agree with that. Cech has many intangibles that Courtois may not have. There are some excellent shot-stoppers in football right now but for all round goalkeeping Cech is hands down the best.

an excellent keeper but too tall lol

Have you actually got anything good to say about any Chelsea player? More and more I'm beginning to believe you're just a troll but what is beyond me is why you even bother?

Have you actually got anything good to say about any Chelsea player? More and more I'm beginning to believe you're just a troll but what is beyond me is why you even bother?

i'm not a troll but if i don't like a player i say it

so cech is getting a surgery this summer,i quess courtois would be the stand in till cech is fine again but then what?....cech can easely play for 5-10 years,just look at vandersar.

to be honest i think there's no room for 2 world class goalkeepers in 1 team,it would be such a waste to bench either of them sadly

so cech is getting a surgery this summer,i quess courtois would be the stand in till cech is fine again but then what?....cech can easely play for 5-10 years,just look at vandersar.

to be honest i think there's no room for 2 world class goalkeepers in 1 team,it would be such a waste to bench either of them sadly

i vote for courtois :P

10M is not enough but it's not as ridiculous as people are saying. Keepers are just cheaper to buy. Lloris who has been the top keeper in France for years and was still only 25 at time of purchase was 10-15M Euros (depending on performance). Our initial signing of Courtois for 7.8M was one of the highest transfers ever for a keeper. Neuer was already a world-class keeper and went for 19M pounds two years ago. This is why I don't particularly worry about keepers. There are more top keepers than there are top clubs (Julio Cesar is at QPR!!) so they are easier and cheaper to get than any other position. However, I wouldn't be inclined to sell Courtois unless the bid got up to around 20M.

I think all the keepers you mentioned were on the last year of their contract and wanted the transfer.

Cesar was transferred because of his wages and Inter bought a replacement already. However, Courtois is a young gem of a talent with a long term contract at a rich club.