Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Then we have a tough decision to make that is nowhere as simple as you've suggested.

Either way, we're going to be better off be it financially or by having a young player who could serve this club for some time. It's why your constant jibes about the decision to buy him are ridiculous.

Your constant clueless responses are tiresome.

Courtois is not only the best young but one of the top 10 GKs worldwide. I think we can bring him here next season. We'll have at least about 60 games, so I think he will get enough matches. We all know Cech has his bad games usually in gamea against smalller teams which is where courtois can shine, so we keep both fresh. Cech also cam in when Cudicini was number one and his succession lasted about 2 years. Petr might still be young for a goalie with 30. But he is rather injury prone for a goalie and has hinted more than once, that his career will be not as long as one expects and chelsea have signed a replacement that early for a reason.

I have said this before ..the keepers could share the games , It would help with continuity and remove the fear of injury.

10M is not enough but it's not as ridiculous as people are saying. Keepers are just cheaper to buy. Lloris who has been the top keeper in France for years and was still only 25 at time of purchase was 10-15M Euros (depending on performance). Our initial signing of Courtois for 7.8M was one of the highest transfers ever for a keeper. Neuer was already a world-class keeper and went for 19M pounds two years ago. This is why I don't particularly worry about keepers. There are more top keepers than there are top clubs (Julio Cesar is at QPR!!) so they are easier and cheaper to get than any other position. However, I wouldn't be inclined to sell Courtois unless the bid got up to around 20M.

Then why are Man United struggling to replace Van Der Sar? Why did they struggle after Schmeichel? I think you're completely understating the job of finding a top-class keeper, which is why we did so well not just to get Courtois but also secure a great loan for him.

Neuer cost €22 million because he only had one year left on his contract from what I recall.

I have said this before ..the keepers could share the games , It would help with continuity and remove the fear of injury.

I hate the idea of changing keepers between games. It messes with the rhythm and it's unfair to drop someone after a good game.

I think the idea of benching either one, or ever paying both of them is the wrong route to take.

Well, perhaps this might be a solution ?

However, I am not sure of it. Gollies are players who want to play, to stay in form. Whom to play first is the question ?

This could be the perfect move for Courtois... So i don't think we will keep him, Barca just offered a low first bid, but i'm sure another will follow.

And Thibaut will leave, he is already far from London and not cup tied in Europe.

He is used with life in Spain, he knows the language and playing with Messi and the Big Barcelona (champions this year) can offer him so much that this can't be refused... Chelsea could offer him a potential loan next year? and the year after ?...

I don't consider Courtois as a chelsea player but as a Chelsea investment. The "youth" program of chelsea is to buy the best prospects, to loan them and after to make some profit...

Can we have a little less insults and wanker emoticons and a bit more respect in this discussion, please?

Yes, I'm looking at you bushman and The only place to be.

That guy's been on the wind-up since he joined. If you can read his posts and think he's being sincere, then I'll apologise.

Win-Win situation for us. I'm sure we won't sell him for 10m, that's a joke.

Actually, how about a loan to Barcelona? I know there are downsides like Thibaut starting to have them in their heart instead of Chelsea, because he never really played here, but if Courtois is cool with it, why not? He'd learn to play in a team which doesn't let too many shots on the goal and Barca could wait like 2 more years until keepers like ter Stegen are older and developed enough for playing there. Not sure if Barca would like this solution though.

Selling Cech is a no-go IMO. He can easily play 2 more years on top of his game while Thibaut can develop at loans if he's ok with it. Everything depends on the kid.

Then why are Man United struggling to replace Van Der Sar? Why did they struggle after Schmeichel? I think you're completely understating the job of finding a top-class keeper, which is why we did so well not just to get Courtois but also secure a great loan for him.

Neuer cost €22 million because he only had one year left on his contract from what I recall.

I hate the idea of changing keepers between games. It messes with the rhythm and it's unfair to drop someone after a good game.

I think the idea of benching either one, or ever paying both of them is the wrong route to take.

I wouldn't say United are struggling to find a replacement for Van Der Sar. De Gea is a good goalie. He has some problems with crosses and balls in the air but, he is one of the best shot-stoppers in the Premier League. (best save percentage Premier League last year). He's only 21, so I expect him to be at United for a long time. They did suffer to replace Schmeichel but even that was exaggerated. They had one year where a few keepers struggled (Taibi especially) but they still won the league so it was hardly a disaster. I think this also one area of the game where SAF makes a mistake. He rotates too much with keepers and when they make a mistake, he takes them out. All keepers let in bad goals and you have to keep their confidence high. I think Cech is a top-class keeper, but there are a lot of keepers around that I think Chelsea can win with. I also think you can win without a top keeper. I've never thought Valdes was much of a keeper, but Barcelona has won everything with him. As I pointed out earlier, ManU has won the league with mediocre keepers. I think the difference between top keepers is very slim. I agree with you that I don't like rotating keepers.

That guy's been on the wind-up since he joined. If you can read his posts and think he's being sincere, then I'll apologise.

Still he, as a member, is entitled to his opinion which you , as a member, are obliged to respect.

10 million is a joke, considering he is now hands down the best U21 goalkeeper in the world and he was only an unproven 19-year-old when we bought him for 6mil a couple of years ago.

On the last page I was joking about Barca giving Messi in exchange for this guy, but seriously speaking though, we are in a very good position for the negotiations if they indeed do want him.They have some of the best players in the world already and we would be stupid if we just gave them one of our most promising young players who they desperately need for peanuts. Courtois is under contract till 2016 so it will definitely take either an offer out of this world or them giving us one of their hottest prospects in part exchange, Thiago for example.

I would very much like to keep him if only the player himself wants to stay and is okay with the plan we have for him. No reasonable amount of money can get us a goalkeeper as good as Courtois when we need to replace Cech in a few years.

Have you ever heard of Ter Stegen? i am sure they are many who could make the case he is the best U21 GK.

Have you ever heard of Ter Stegen? i am sure they are many who could make the case he is the best U21 GK.

I truly think Courtois is further in his development at this time (experience : winning titles, european football, national team, ... )

Talentwise .... Nobody knows. It is mere speculation.

I wouldn't say United are struggling to find a replacement for Van Der Sar. De Gea is a good goalie. He has some problems with crosses and balls in the air but, he is one of the best shot-stoppers in the Premier League. (best save percentage Premier League last year). He's only 21, so I expect him to be at United for a long time. They did suffer to replace Schmeichel but even that was exaggerated. They had one year where a few keepers struggled (Taibi especially) but they still won the league so it was hardly a disaster. I think this also one area of the game where SAF makes a mistake. He rotates too much with keepers and when they make a mistake, he takes them out. All keepers let in bad goals and you have to keep their confidence high. I think Cech is a top-class keeper, but there are a lot of keepers around that I think Chelsea can win with. I also think you can win without a top keeper. I've never thought Valdes was much of a keeper, but Barcelona has won everything with him. As I pointed out earlier, ManU has won the league with mediocre keepers. I think the difference between top keepers is very slim. I agree with you that I don't like rotating keepers.

De Gea is 22.

To be fair:

Thibault Courtois was a regular in the first team since he was 18, while making his debut in april 2009. He was 16 at the time. He made his international debut in november 2011.

Meanwhile he won 1 title, 1 cup, 1 europa league, 1 eufa super cup and won belgian goalie of the year in 2011. All in all +90 first league matches under his belt and 18 european games.

So - without being belgian n biased - I do rate him a level higher than Marc-André ter Stegen - at leat development wise.

This kid is ready for us and I really think we will keep him, considering Cech' injury proneness + isn't he due or surgery in the summer?

We would be tremendously foolish to sell him imo.