Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Courtois will never play for Chelsea I think. He is not going to wait another 4 years before cech leaves chelsea. If he isn't first keeper here in 2 years time , he will go to another club.

Its either losing Cech soon or losing Courtois , Another 3-4 years Cech and then courtois to succeed him will never happen.

If I was Chelsea I would lend out Courtois another year next season (Atletico will play CL) , and after next season Chelsea should sell Cech and make Courtois first keeper in season 2014-2015.

Barcelona , Real would love to buy him , so Chelsea shouldn't wait too long to make him first keeper , otherwise you'll never see him ever play for chelsea

I have been saying for over a year that he will end up at Barca or Real ,,,,now we may have seen the last of Piazon as well

Oh boy, now I read Chelsea should sell Cech, why ?

Courtois was one of those bombastic deals, just like Piazon that were not thought over by Chelsea´s management.

Two exceptional young players might not even play for Chelsea.

It´s sad to see, I feel. Roman would be much better off to look into his office matters & just maybe fire some of them ?

I hope cech ends his career here, but he would have to accept he may only be our number 1 for another year and a half before curtois would take that role. But Cech would be too good to sit on the bench when he could be a starter in a number of teams. But I can't see curtois waiting 4 years.

Courtois was one of those bombastic deals, just like Piazon that were not thought over by Chelsea´s management.

It´s sad to see, I feel. Roman would be much better off to look into his office matters & just maybe fire some of them ?

I don't say Chelsea have to sell Cech , but they will have to choose between Cech or Courtois in 1 year or 2 years time. It's impossible to keep them both.

You keep Cech till his end of career (which will probably lead to Courtois leaving) or you sell Cech in 1 or 2 years time and make Courtois first keeper.

Courtois doesn't want to to stay a loanee for another handfull of years.

And I think Chelsea will keep Cech for at least 3-4 years , so thats why I think we will never see Courtois in a chelsea shirt.

I don't say Chelsea have to sell Cech , but they will have to choose between Cech or Courtois in 1 year or 2 years time. It's impossible to keep them both.

You keep Cech till his end of career (which will probably lead to Courtois leaving) or you sell Cech in 1 or 2 years time and make Courtois first keeper.

Courtois doesn't want to to stay a loanee for another handfull of years.

And I think Chelsea will keep Cech for at least 3-4 years , so thats why I think we will never see Courtois in a chelsea shirt.

Since Cech just signed an extension to his contract, then I would assume he is staying until he drops dead, I feel.

Therefore, I questioned the wisdom of Chelsea management in recent time. Lukaku, Piazon, Courtois..what did these players bring to the club so far ?

As you pointed out, most likely Chelsea might not even see some of them playing at Stamford Bridge ( full name for..)

It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that the Courtois deal wasn't thought over by the Chelsea 'management' (I'd be intrigued to know who specifically you think didn't think it over).

With regards the point about Cech and Courtois, I've said for a while we'll have to make a choice in the next 18 months. But it's a great problem to have.

Cech could be our keeper for the next 5-7 years, Courtois could be for the next 15 years. If we do go with Courtois, Cech will still have a decent value in the market and I could see him going to a big club like Juventus (although Buffon is still only 34) or one of the Spanish teams. Bearing in mind that one won the Champions League last season and the other won the Europa League it's unrealistic to think either will be happy sitting on the bench again.

If we do sell Courtois, we've almost certainly doubled our money but there's absolutely no guarantee we get another keeper who has his potential and then goes some way to fulfilling it at a top club before coming back to us.

It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that the Courtois deal wasn't thought over by the Chelsea 'management' (I'd be intrigued to know who specifically you think didn't think it over).

With regards the point about Cech and Courtois, I've said for a while we'll have to make a choice in the next 18 months. But it's a great problem to have.

Cech could be our keeper for the next 5-7 years, Courtois could be for the next 15 years. If we do go with Courtois, Cech will still have a decent value in the market and I could see him going to a big club like Juventus (although Buffon is still only 34) or one of the Spanish teams. Bearing in mind that one won the Champions League last season and the other won the Europa League it's unrealistic to think either will be happy sitting on the bench again.

If we do sell Courtois, we've almost certainly doubled our money but there's absolutely no guarantee we get another keeper who has his potential and then goes some way to fulfilling it at a top club before coming back to us.

Well, if I may my view.

Courtois deal was not needed. Cech is there to play for years. Therefore, no team is going buy 38-40 year-old player.

As I already pointed out yesterday...are Chelsea in business of buying & selling players ?

Money spent for Courtois could have been applied for others. Therefore, management´s decision is questioned by me.

Well, if I may my view.

Courtois deal was not needed. Cech is there to play for years. Therefore, no team is going buy 38-40 year-old player.

As I already pointed out yesterday...are Chelsea in business of buying & selling players ?

Money spent for Courtois could have been applied for others. Therefore, management´s decision is questioned by me.

Management's.....who in particular are you questioning?

We've signed one of the brightest young goalkeeping prospects in the world for £5 million, and he's now worth at least three times that (probably more). We've got as close to a ready-made replacement for Cech as you're going to get.

Football is the business of buying and selling players. I don't understand how anyone can question his acquisition. From almost any perspective, it makes great sense. Once again, you might not like (or understand) the answer but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone with even the slightest knowledge of football would ask the question.

Management's.....who in particular are you questioning?

We've signed one of the brightest young goalkeeping prospects in the world for £5 million, and he's now worth at least three times that (probably more). We've got as close to a ready-made replacement for Cech as you're going to get.

Football is the business of buying and selling players. I don't understand how anyone can question his acquisition. From almost any perspective, it makes great sense. Once again, you might not like (or understand) the answer but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone with even the slightest knowledge of football would ask the question.

I questioned his acquisition. It was not needed. Money spent = dead wood. The kid is not helping the team.

Try to think it over. Good luck. The knowledge of football has nothing to do with business deals.

From a business point of view, it was a good deal. From a player who is bought to help the team, shitty one.

cech does not have that many more years at top performance..during this summer after champions league he was excluded from some prep matches for euros as well as just when this season was new excluded from international friendlies due to his elbow issue which he is going to have to get surgery to repair.. the only way i see him continuing for more than 2yrs at chelsea is if he retires from international football.. so courtois could be here sooner rather than later

cech does not have that many more years at top performance..during this summer after champions league he was excluded from some prep matches for euros as well as just when this season was new excluded from international friendlies due to his elbow issue which he is going to have to get surgery to repair.. the only way i see him continuing for more than 2yrs at chelsea is if he retires from international football.. so courtois could be here sooner rather than later

Doesn't he also have a knee problem ? I thought Courtois said that a while ago and then got reprimanded for it by Chelsea ?

I doubt it. Cech has 4-5 years to go. As long as he won´t get injured, he will play for Chelsea. Cech is clearly among the top gollies in the world. Occasionally he makes blunders but over the years he was & still is very instrumental in Chelsea´s success, I feel.

Chelsea keeper wants to stay in Madrid

Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois says he wants to stay at Atletico Madrid for another year.

The Belgian goalkeeper, 20, has yet to play for the London club since his move from Genk in 2011.

He wants to remain playing regular football and feels a prolonged period in Spain will help his development.

"I am Chelsea player, but I am happy here," he told AS. "I'll have to see what is best for them but I would be very happy if I stayed here for another year.

"I still haven't spoken to Chelsea though. If I can't play for them, then Atletico is the best club I can be at.

"It would be important for me and the club to make the Champions League next season. I am very happy here."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130115/chelsea-keeper-wants-stay-madrid-189342?

I questioned his acquisition. It was not needed. Money spent = dead wood. The kid is not helping the team.

Try to think it over. Good luck. The knowledge of football has nothing to do with business deals.

From a business point of view, it was a good deal. From a player who is bought to help the team, shitty one.

we bought Delac as a possible long term replacement ...agree there was no point in buying Courtois

Since these players are not paid for out of my pocket, mind you I could not afford them anyway, but I still feel Roman should get involved a bit more here. Unless, he really does not care & just forks out his money.

If I am correct in my calculation, Chelsea spent millions uselessly.

Currently, the team have problems with the midfield. Wasted money could have been used to buy a midfielder, I feel.