Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

11 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Storm in a teacup this. There is no way we will be looking to sell him this summer and it would be beyond cuntish from him to push for a move after what the club has done for him.

Petr has made mistakes for Arsenal this season, but he is still undoubtedly and objectively better than Thibaut. Not sure anyone can argue otherwise.

We didn't choose Thibaut over Petr based on skill, we chose based on a ten-year age difference and a hope that Thibuat will become better than Petr in the near future. 

No he is not. Courtois has been poor this season but let's not pretend before that most people thought Courtois should be our no.1 because he was up there with the best GK in the world after Neuer. And no Mourinho chose Courtois over Cech because he rated them both the same however Courtois was a lot younger. It is not because Cech was better with the hope that Courtois would be better than him in the future.

Why do you think Mourinho let players like Lukaku go? Because at the time he rated the likes of Eto'o and Costa as better strikers. However with Courtois and Cech, like he said himself, he rates them on par with each other. Let's not forget as well that at Atletico, Courtois was virtually faultess and Cech made a few mistakes here and I remember a lot of Chelsea fans were saying Courtois is better.

If you take this season away, I think Courtois is the better keeper. Cech makes way too many crucial errors. Not just this season as well. Can't see how you can say that it is a four gone conclusion that Cech is better. That is an opinion, no way a definite.

6 minutes ago, Stats said:

No he is not. Courtois has been poor this season but let's not pretend before that most people thought Courtois should be our no.1 because he was up there with the best GK in the world after Neuer. And no Mourinho chose Courtois over Cech because he rated them both the same however Courtois was a lot younger. It is not because Cech was better with the hope that Courtois would be better than him in the future.

Why do you think Mourinho let players like Lukaku go? Because at the time he rated the likes of Eto'o and Costa as better strikers. However with Courtois and Cech, like he said himself, he rates them on par with each other. Let's not forget as well that at Atletico, Courtois was virtually faultess and Cech made a few mistakes here and I remember a lot of Chelsea fans were saying Courtois is better.

If you take this season away, I think Courtois is the better keeper. Cech makes way too many crucial errors. Not just this season as well. Can't see how you can say that it is a four gone conclusion that Cech is better. That is an opinion, no way a definite.

No one without blue tinted glasses ever thought that Thibaut was only second to Neuer in the world. 

I don't understand, what exactly had he done at Atletico that was so incredible? He had solid performances along with the odd great save. The clean sheets stats are for the entire team, not just him. I remember watching entire Atleti matches with Thibaut not having to deal with more than one shot on target all game. 

Jose didn't let Lukaku go, Romelu asked to leave. Also striker is VERY different than GK. Incomparable. 

On any account, in what areas do you think Thibaut is better than Petr? For me, while both can be prone to the occosional mistake, Petr is quite clearly better at organizing his defense, decision making (especially in 1vs1s), kicking, and positioning (the most important aspect for the goal keeper) while Thibaut is only better in the air. 

21 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

No one without blue tinted glasses ever thought that Thibaut was only second to Neuer in the world. 

I don't understand, what exactly had he done at Atletico that was so incredible? He had solid performances along with the odd great save. The clean sheets stats are for the entire team, not just him. I remember watching entire Atleti matches with Thibaut not having to deal with more than one shot on target all game. 

Jose didn't let Lukaku go, Romelu asked to leave. Also striker is VERY different than GK. Incomparable. 

On any account, in what areas do you think Thibaut is better than Petr? For me, while both can be prone to the occosional mistake, Petr is quite clearly better at organizing his defense, decision making (especially in 1vs1s), kicking, and positioning (the most important aspect for the goal keeper) while Thibaut is only better in the air. 

To underestimate Courtois role in his part of Atletico winning the league is a mistake. He was a big factor. He may not have made the DDG type saves but he was such a huge commander of his area. For instance when we played them second leg whilst he was owned by us, he virtually caught every ball and just made his presence felt. Cech is not better than him in this department like you said.

Yes, but the whole point was that ultimately,Mourinho did not think Lukaku was on Costa and Eto's level. If he did, he would not have got Costa or Eto'o because Lukaku is a lot younger. Courtiois proved in his first season at us that the right decision was made for him to be our no.1.

I disagree about Cech being better at organizing his defence. I am not saying Courtois is great in this department but even to this day, Arsenal have struggled to structure their defence properly from set peices with Cech in goal and Cech has been at fault for those set peice goals they have conceded quite frequently. West Ham , Swansea games at Emirates etc.

And Courtois is as good at one on one saves as Cech is imo. The amount of time Courtois has redeemed us by making key one on one saves. Cech for me is more error prone as well. The amount of goals he let's in where a top keeper should be saving quite comfortably. Joel Ward's goal against Arsenal earlier in season at Selhurst. Zarate's goal at Emirates, Bolasie's goal at Emirates, virtually every single Southampton goal against Arsenal in their 4-0 demolition at St Mary's earlier in season. The Martina goal was just world class so I let him off that one. The other three were poor decision making from Cech.

To me they are on the same level really however I think we made the right decision.

I think he's off this summer.  I'm okay with it, depending on the fee of course.  He's not irreplaceable and he's not as important for us as De Gea is for Utd.  I see Forster's name being thrown around, but I'd rather go for Butland if we were to go the English route.

I'd like Lloris but that's a pipe dream.  Ter Stegen would be a possible option for us, I think.

On 23/04/2016 at 0:37 AM, CHOULO19 said:

Agree about Tibo but massively disagree about Lukaku.

Yes, Lukaku "asked to leave" but why did he do that? Was it because Jose thought that getting a 33 year old semi retired etoo from russia was better than trusting a player with lukaku's potential in a season where jose repeatedly said things like "We wont win the PL", "we have young eggs","we are small horses" and all the weird things that he said. 

On 23/04/2016 at 8:07 PM, CHOULO19 said:

Then doesn't the same theory apply to Cech for his first six years the club? In fact the first time he had an awful defense infront of him (under AVB) it coincided with the worst form of his career.

Of course the defenders played a big part, but behind any top defense is a top keeper, look at Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra for example at United, with Van Der Sar behind them, they could play their natural game knowing that they have a top keeper behind them, any time Kusack played however they were less assured and panicked more, knowing the keeper wasn't as great.

If we lose Courtois and replace him with Forster, Butland or give Begovic the gig, we will quickly realse just how good we have had it with Cech and Courtois, the only keeper we could get near their level would be Keylor Navas so let's hope he goes Madrid if he does leave.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Then doesn't the same theory apply to Cech for his first six years the club? In fact the first time he had an awful defense infront of him (under AVB) it coincided with the worst form of his career.

Of course the defenders played a big part, but behind any top defense is a top keeper, look at Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra for example at United, with Van Der Sar behind them, they could play their natural game knowing that they have a top keeper behind them, any time Kusack played however they were less assured and panicked more, knowing the keeper wasn't as great.

If we lose Courtois and replace him with Forster, Butland or give Begovic the gig, we will quickly realse just how good we have had it with Cech and Courtois, the only keeper we could get near their level would be Keylor Navas so let's hope he goes Madrid if he does leave.

But that's the difference, isn't it? Doing it consistently for six years is very different than one season. Also, during those seasons and the seasons after as well, Cech came up with some incredible performances like nothing we've seen from Thibaut so far.

I don't think we should sell Thibaut. Ridiculous thing to do. I was just saying that we had overrated him quite a lot when our fans were claiming that he was the best in the world, as was the case with Matic last season as well. 

Don't sell him! He's more than capable of performing at another club and then it doesn't matter who is guarding the goal at Chelsea because the moaning will rise from the ashes.
We all have seen it before with Costa and Lukaku, no matter how many Costa's banging in, the crew will be out in full force at the slightest chance.
What happened at Chelsea will all be forgotten, that's classic TC , i guess. :)

48 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Don't sell him! He's more than capable of performing at another club and then it doesn't matter who is guarding the goal at Chelsea because the moaning will rise from the ashes.
We all have seen it before with Costa and Lukaku, no matter how many Costa's banging in, the crew will be out in full force at the slightest chance.
What happened at Chelsea will all be forgotten, that's classic TC , i guess. :)

We would be really stupid if we would sell him!!!! He's a world class GK aged 23!

I miss real die hard football fans here on this forum. They would NEVER look at these things in short term. One lousy season... That sucks. But this will be forgotten in a glimpse very soon! It feels like TC is overfilled with SUCCESS fans who switch teams/forums like cars!

Really wish he'd come out and publicly say he wants to stay or that he's looking forward to putting this season behind him or even admit that he owes the supporters who have stood by him and the team during this terrible period. Hazard, Cesc, Willian and others have all done so.

These reports make him sound like the biggest pussy on Earth with no balls or bottle. Like a whiny child who wants out because he hits a bit of adversity. Seems like the only time we even actually hear direct quotes from Courtois are when he's on international duty and stirring shit about Chelsea.

If he's trying to force our hands I hope we bleed whoever it is that wants him for an absurd fee. 

40 minutes ago, Atholy said:

We would be really stupid if we would sell him!!!! He's a world class GK aged 23!

I miss real die hard football fans here on this forum. They would NEVER look at these things in short term. One lousy season... That sucks. But this will be forgotten in a glimpse very soon! It feels like TC is overfilled with SUCCESS fans who switch teams/forums like cars!

Courtois's performances have never been anywhere near bad enough to consider selling, imo. Okay, if he signs off on a transfer request, then we have to talk (again).
But each player has their own case, i don't think everyone deserves to be part of this squad next season. Not after what happened.

I have one problem and one problem only: sometimes a player leaves the club for good, most of the members keep calm because they understand the reasons, so far so good,
but if the player excels in a different environment, everyone knew that the selling was a mistake and would come back to bite all of us in the arse.
Here comes the problem, no one likes a show off, no one likes the phrase 'told you', Would have been so much better, if the guys were proactive and stated it long before.
Just how they like their defenders being proactive!
But that requires courage and a possible 'walk of shame', why should i stuck my neck out when i could have it the easy way?!

Welcome to the Blue world, Chelsea Football Club, where insulting Chelsea legends are normal, even the Reds aren't crying as much as some Blues.
Don't know what caused it. One thing is an absolute necessity, Conte better win things and quickly.
Before i forget, selling any youth player won't go well with some fans, because they are the future, especially the gems from one particular country.

On 30/04/2016 at 10:56 PM, Atholy said:

Lol. He is not world class mate. De Gea, Buffon and Neuer are a few world class goalies. Courtois doesnt get into that club.

On 30/04/2016 at 11:25 PM, Pizy said:

Really wish he'd come out and publicly say he wants to stay or that he's looking forward to putting this season behind him or even admit that he owes the supporters who have stood by him and the team during this terrible period. Hazard, Cesc, Willian and others have all done so.

I agree with this it would make things better and the fans would get off his back aswell chelsea ditch a good keeper for him at least he should respect the club and the fans by saying something  

6 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Lol. He is not world class mate. De Gea, Buffon and Neuer are a few world class goalies. Courtois doesnt get into that club.

Funny that you slag Courtois off for his recent form yet  champagne De Gea who has conceded from a corner and single handedly handed Norwich a win at Old Trafford amoungst other things this season.