Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Commentator kept saying how he was making the saves look more extravagant than needed, but if you know anything about goalkeeping it's better to be over kill and safe, than under estimate and concede.

Looking at Belgium as a whole, he is the least of their problems.

48 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Commentator kept saying how he was making the saves look more extravagant than needed, but if you know anything about goalkeeping it's better to be over kill and safe, than under estimate and concede.

Isn't this exactly the same reason many people here criticize De Gea, Neuer and such, because they are "show keepers" and make the simplest of things look good on telly? Courtois was supposed to be the calm guy who makes the most difficult things look simple. Critics and ridicule should go both ways.

The scoreline could have been A LOT more embarrassing if it weren't for Thibaut in goal. 

Exactly. Easily man of the match for Belgium. We would have conceded 5 without him. Embarrassing.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

On 6/16/2016 at 2:10 AM, Stingray said:

Exactly. Easily man of the match for Belgium. We would have conceded 5 without him. Embarrassing.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Maybe so, but his decision making was atrocious at times. 

22 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Heard the he said:  “I will never finish my career at Chelsea Football Club”. <_<

15 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I wouldn't be surprised :lol: Belgian footballers being belgian footballers.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Euro2016/2.4765/1.2694925

That came from the caption of the video in the article. I can't claim to understand a word in that article but it seems people are losing their shit over Courtois because they Google-translated that text and it came off as 'I will never finish my career at Chelsea...". If you google-translated the entire article, you will see that he never spoke anything about his future at the club. He was mainly speaking about the impact of Brexit and what might happen to his future because of it - https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsporza.be%2Fcm%2Fsporza%2Fvoetbal%2FEuro2016%2F2.4765%2F1.2694925

Sounds a bit different when in context

Talking about his dream clubs when he was young:

TBO: I didn't have one, in Spain I watched a lot of Madrid and Barca, in Germany I watched Bayern and Dortmund, in England Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and in Italy Juventus and Milan. There wasn't one favourite but I always wanted to play at those clubs.

Journalist: So one of those clubs is still on your radar? (asking if he wishes to play at those clubs in the future)
TBO: not necessarily a desire to play there, I'm already at a beautiful club, Chelsea which I always admired. But we will see.

Journalist: so you'll stay at Chelsea for the rest of your days?
TBO: Hard to say. (pause) That'll never happen, I don't think I will end my career there.

But yeah, he should have swear allegiance to the club that almost kicked out their most successful captain ever. Oh, and 1 year contracts are dream for every over-30-years-old player.

On a serious note, as a Chelsea supporter I don't like this words, but I appreciate his honesty in the era of cliche-answers. His interviews are never dull.

9 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

Sounds a bit different when in context

Talking about his dream clubs when he was young:

TBO: I didn't have one, in Spain I watched a lot of Madrid and Barca, in Germany I watched Bayern and Dortmund, in England Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and in Italy Juventus and Milan. There wasn't one favourite but I always wanted to play at those clubs.

Journalist: So one of those clubs is still on your radar? (asking if he wishes to play at those clubs in the future)
TBO: not necessarily a desire to play there, I'm already at a beautiful club, Chelsea which I always admired. But we will see.

Journalist: so you'll stay at Chelsea for the rest of your days?
TBO: Hard to say. (pause) That'll never happen, I don't think I will end my career there.

But yeah, he should have swear allegiance to the club that almost kicked out their most successful captain ever. Oh, and 1 year contracts are dream for every over-30-years-old player.

On a serious note, as a Chelsea supporter I don't like this words, but I appreciate his honesty in the era of cliche-answers. His interviews are never dull.

Funny thing is, people always like to focus on the negative side whenever comments such as that are made. I guess that's human nature but for all we know, he could easily have a change of heart and decide to stay here for the rest of his career.

23 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Goalkeeper of the tournament so far for me, Neuer and especially De Gea just show how completely overrated they are. De Gea is a joke the whole EC so far.

Are you talking about Neuer who kept his clean sheet every game at EURO? Who are you joking, Neuer is a total different class.