Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Funny that you slag Courtois off for his recent form yet  champagne De Gea who has conceded from a corner and single handedly handed Norwich a win at Old Trafford amoungst other things this season.

And he has saved them so many points this season. Im not expecting a faultless goalie, just a competent one. Courtois isnt competent. I dont feel safe with him in goal.

18 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

And he has saved them so many points this season. Im not expecting a faultless goalie, just a competent one. Courtois isnt competent. I dont feel safe with him in goal.

Courtois saved us two points vs United, in fact won us the game vs Arsenal (the Flamini back heel was a lot harder than it looked it was his world class positioning that made  the save look easy), it would have also been an e en bigger massacre vs City if it wasn't for him, let's also not forget the Liverpool semi final last season, he and only he was the reason we got to the final.

De Gea is the most over rated keeper around, yes he makes great saves (which a lot like Jason said are easy shots he makes looks hard), but he isn't as good as the media make him out to be, also making numerous saves per game isn't nesseserely the sign of a great/top level keeper, Shay Given and Carlo Cudicini for example.

The true top keeper is one who can play behind a good/great defence and do what needs to be done (this where Cudicini lost his place to Cech, he quite frankly didn't look half as good only having to deal with a few actions per game as opposed to when he was regularly called upon), that will be a true test for De Gea when he is in that position.

He is very good yes, but the hard on the media and the population have for him is strange to say the least.

The fact that people call Courtois overrated and DDG the best goalkeeper in the world just shows how retarded the average football fan is.

Like it has been said before. DDG makes the most easy balls look like very hard saves. And Courtois makes the most difficult balls look like the easiest save ever.

Sad for humanity that people will always prefer the first.

Hmm, after his last few comments, chances are he'll be gone this summer. There are only three clubs able to buy him (Bayern has no need of him and they'll never sell him to a PL rival) and I can't see him going to PSG. I think he'd prefer going back to Atletico, but that's not an option budgetwise. It's either Barca or Real, but I still think he'll eventually stay. 

2 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

Hmm, after his last few comments, chances are he'll be gone this summer. There are only three clubs able to buy him (Bayern has no need of him and they'll never sell him to a PL rival) and I can't see him going to PSG. I think he'd prefer going back to Atletico, but that's not an option budgetwise. It's either Barca or Real, but I still think he'll eventually stay. 

What did he say?

3 minutes ago, Term-X said:

If United managed to keep De Gea we should have no problems holding onto Courtois, 'if' he does want away that is.

Didn't they keep him only because Real Madrid came in with a laughable bid? I think if they'd have come in with a realistic amount De Gea would've gone. 

I think Courtois is most likely to leave out of any of our top players. 

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Didn't they keep him only because Real Madrid came in with a laughable bid? I think if they'd have come in with a realistic amount De Gea would've gone. 

I think Courtois is most likely to leave out of any of our top players. 

Fair amount for a goalkeeper. United were being 'purposely' difficult with Real, even their president said that United sabotaged the deal.

6 minutes ago, Term-X said:

Fair amount for a goalkeeper. United were being 'purposely' difficult with Real, even their president said that United sabotaged the deal.

I thought I remembered them offering a troll bid of like 15 or 20m?

1 hour ago, johnnythefirst said:

That he wants to go to a "Winning team" or something like that. Don't know the source or whether it was bullshit or not.

Yet to come across anything of that sort. Must be bullshit

Rumors floating around that Conte is ready to sell if a major bid (50m ish) comes in for Courtois. I don't think we should sell him at any price though. He's one of the top keepers in the world. why settle for someone of lower quality when he is set to be our first choice keeper for the next generation?

49 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yet to come across anything of that sort. Must be bullshit

Rumors floating around that Conte is ready to sell if a major bid (50m ish) comes in for Courtois. I don't think we should sell him at any price though. He's one of the top keepers in the world. why settle for someone of lower quality when he is set to be our first choice keeper for the next generation?

Read it in a Belgian newspaper today. Original source: Mundo Deportivo.