Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

So punch it elsewhere!!! just not to the era he did today...to a throw in...

Like I said, with one hand and considering the speed of the ball i think it is nearly impossible to give it any direction, just to punch it away some distance.

It was mainly his fault for the goal. It wasn't at all a difficult ball and he needs to do better than punch it straight to the edge of the box. He looked a bit nervy on a couple of other balls in the second half as well.

I'm not saying that because I want Petr back. I think we're well past that stage, I'm just saying those are things he'll need to work on in addition obviously to his communication and organization skills which will hopefully come naturally with time and experience.

I disagree it was a mistake. He could have done better, but it was't a punch so he did not have that much control there.

The defense was sitting too deep and did not react quickly enough - kinda see that too often.

He is already a lot better than Cech, so I don't think it's a matter of giving the younger player a run because "he is the future." Jose is merely starting the better player.

Obviously Cech is still an excellent GK, which makes him staying all the more surprising.

Watching it again it really wasn't that bad, the shot was strong across his body, but away from the goal so he had to go and meet it, so if he tried to hit it over for a corner (which would of been pretty impossible) would of been a bigger risk than hitting it out. He could of either got a small touch on it and hit it behind him to a throwing or corner, or did what he did, and to be honest he got a good punch on it, the bigger question is where the hell was our defence??

DDG is excellent keeper. But when he came to United he often had mares in defending and was conceding silly goals. He costed them points more than once. It was a matter of adapting. Premier League is the fastest league up there, and it's not easy for ex La Liga keepers to adapt here and keep clean sheets instantly.

Tibo doesn't keep clean sheets but he is not costing us points. He handles this league transition much better than I expected him to, to be honest. He is great and with time he will become exceptional, maybe only second to Neuer. When he starts to keep those clean sheets ( it will take time, mind you) he will be doing that in 7 games out of 10 or something like that. In a nutshell, he will be amazing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x293rcm_charlie-austin-goal-chelsea-1-1-qpr-01-11-2014-premier-league-hd_sport door http://www.dailymotion.com/rubin7190

If you watch the first replay of this video, you can see he puches the ball away with one hand (i don't think he could have reached it with both). I can imagine its very difficult to control where the ball is going like that. All you can do is put a firm hand against it and get it as far away as possible, which he did well according to me.

I don't even think that's his fault. It's too easy sometimes to blame goalkeepers in such situations. If anything, I would look at the defensive organization when that attack happened. We were all over the place and had players almost just jogging back, rather busting their gut to get back. We basically gave QPR a free shot at us. Moreover, how did that fella at the side (can't see or remember who was that) bypassed our defender and got down the byline so easily?! :doh:

I disagree it was a mistake. He could have done better, but it was't a punch so he did not have that much control there.

The defense was sitting too deep and did not react quickly enough - kinda see that too often.

He is already a lot better than Cech, so I don't think it's a matter of giving the younger player a run because "he is the future." Jose is merely starting the better player.

Obviously Cech is still an excellent GK, which makes him staying all the more surprising.

²

The biggest mistake conceding the goal was the defensive organisation that was all over the place. Matic covering for Ivanovic who's gone AWOL so nobody is covering the space in front of defense. Punching the ball to the sides maybe would have been better, but would have difficult/risky too. He punched the ball pretty high, so with a good defensive setup, it would always have been cleared.