Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

You know mate, you could read the full discussion before making a post. We are not talking about the comments he made regarding his fellow NT players, it's about the ones he made regarding Chelsea and Petr Cech.

The fact that I'm not comfortable with his slips of the tongue doesn't mean I don't support him. On the pitch he is immaculate but, yet again, it doesn't give him the option to say whatever he wants off of it.

I think you'll find that you said you agree with Polo7. Who's comments about Tibo "sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong" were almost definitely in relation to his comments about the Belgium NT's performance seeing as his next couple of statements (which have since been deleted) were deliberately provocative to Belgian NT fans leaping to his defence.

Maybe you were referring to his comments about Cech but pledging your support behind Polo7 was a mistake as he was referring to a different set of comments.

And anyway, skipping over your passive-aggressive comments, let's talk about his comments about Cech: I don't see the problem with it at all. Someone asked him what he thought about the Cech situation and he replied truthfully. If he was Cech (and so arguably one of the top 3 GKs in the world) and not being played then he'd leave the club. Who could blame Cech really if he did? I doubt anyone would. Why does Courtois saying what everyone is thinking make him a bad guy?

I think you'll find that you said you agree with Polo7. Who's comments about Tibo "sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong" were almost definitely in relation to his comments about the Belgium NT's performance seeing as his next couple of statements (which have since been deleted) were deliberately provocative to Belgian NT fans leaping to his defence.

Maybe you were referring to his comments about Cech but pledging your support behind Polo7 was a mistake as he was referring to a different set of comments.

And anyway, skipping over your passive-aggressive comments, let's talk about his comments about Cech: I don't see the problem with it at all. Someone asked him what he thought about the Cech situation and he replied truthfully. If he was Cech (and so arguably one of the top 3 GKs in the world) and not being played then he'd leave the club. Who could blame Cech really if he did? I doubt anyone would. Why does Courtois saying what everyone is thinking make him a bad guy?

Well, after polo7 posted: "sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong", the belgian dude replied with:

"Oh knock that shit off.

He didn't do or say anything wrong.

He complimented Cech and stated the obvious. Cech is likely going to leave and no worldclass goalkeeper would accept being second choice."

So yes, I'm still saying you should have read the whole discussion.

To the matter: Maybe you don't see what's wrong but try to look at this from a different perspective. I don't think that Cech is alright with this statement, imagine yourself in his place - you give your best for your club and do absolutely nothing wrong, you are one of the best and most experienced keepers in the world and here comes this very talented but a bit overly confident newbie and practicly tells the world that you can go look for another club, that you are not as good as him. Even if it's true, this is none of Courtois' business and it would have been undoubtedly better if he kept his lips sealed.

Well, after polo7 posted: "sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong", the belgian dude replied with:

So yes, I'm still saying you should have read the whole discussion.

To the matter: Maybe you don't see what's wrong but try to look at this from a different perspective. I don't think that Cech is alright with this statement, imagine yourself in his place - you give your best for your club and do absolutely nothing wrong, you are one of the best and most experienced keepers in the world and here comes this very talented but a bit overly confident newbie and practicly tells the world that you can go look for another club, that you are not as good as him. Even if it's true, this is none of Courtois' business and it would have been undoubtedly better if he kept his lips sealed.

We're going to have to agree to disagree here, to my mind if you are asked a question about a situation and give your honest answer you should not be attacked for it.

That first line is really misleading.... :D

'Caroline Lijnen has broken her silence on a love affair between former Chelsea teammates Kevin De Bruyne and Thibaut Courtois.'

I read that shit. She sounds like a borderline retarded whore. :P

To be fair she sounds like any other woman that has been hurt by a man she was with. Hardly a "Retarded whore". :D

The story does make Courtois look better though. All this time I thought her and De Bruyne were in this loving relationship and Courtois just snatched her up for shits and giggles the way your one douchebag mate does(or tries)

De Bruyne wrote a book where he spoke of his relationship with a young lady by the name of Caroline Lijnen (pictured together to the left, pic from HLN). As De Bruyne sees it, Courtois stole his girl and the rift was potentially huge. The former Chelsea player claimed in his book that Belgium manager Marc Wilmots asked him if he should drop Courtois from the national squad over the scandal.

Caroline Lijnen had kept quiet but since De Bruyne released his book she's decided it's fair to have her say. And that she does.

Quoted by Voetbal Krant, Lijnen says

"I remained silent over the past year and a half. Not because I wanted to say nothing, because I could not say anything. The parents of Kevin would take legal action if I would tell my version of the story.

"In the summer of 2012 I was told that Kevin himself had an affair with my then best friend. I then faced a choice with him. He choose whether for me or for her, I wanted to give him a chance. We have seized that opportunity, but our relationship has never been the same after that."

Lijnen went to Madrid with a friend of Courtois to visit the goalkeeper, a holiday which had the full backing and knowledge of De Bruyne. But, things happened.

"Thibaut gave me in that one night, what I'd sorely missed for three years with Kevin. With Thibaut I could have good conversations and he also cooked nicely for me. Such a thing Kevin never did. And then suddenly we clicked."

Oh courtois you smooth operator :lol:

We're going to have to agree to disagree here, to my mind if you are asked a question about a situation and give your honest answer you should not be attacked for it.

I guess you are right.

I'm sorry if you got offended, I wasn't trying to attack you in any way, even if it came out a little bit offensive.