Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Did I hear correctly that Courtois was complaining and asking that his back up goalie on the Belgian squad "Mignolet" stop asking to be the number one goalie and show him some respect?

If so where's the respect he's showing for Petr? Kinda hypocritical you know.

Really? Both defences are arguably the best in their leagues and you probably won't find a closer analogue for our defensive structure than Atletico's almost anywhere in Europe. Of course there will be changes, but I don't think you could ask for a better team for a goalkeeper to come from than Atletico's.

Having watched both keepers a lot, Courtois is better right now in my opinion. Cech has not looked like the Cech of 2012 for a while which is worrying.

Put it like this. I don't think we lose anything by putting Courtois in goal for us next season and I think there's a chance we actually become a better team with him. Pre-season is about fitness, not competition so I don't know how useful a yardstick that is. Pragmatically there's no reason not to go with Courtois, but emotionally there's always going to be a pull for keeping Cech and football is about emotion.

Either way we've got one of the top six (?) keepers in the world in goal for us.

So where's Petr in world goalie ranking? Last place?

Think you misunderstand - what I understand from that post is that REGARDLESS of which keeper Cech / Courtious we play - they are still ranked right at the top of best keepers around.... It's an amazing position to be in ;)

neuer is heads and shoulder above all.

after that cech, thibaut, buffon, ddg on the same level (almost, give and take a bit).

lloris, hart, handanovic, lopez etc one below.

but the point is thibaut will only get better while cech's reflexes will only worsen.

neuer is heads and shoulder above all.

after that cech, thibaut, buffon, ddg on the same level (almost, give and take a bit).

lloris, hart, handanovic, lopez etc one below.

but the point is thibaut will only get better while cech's reflexes will only worsen.

Kinda find that exaggerating. Neuer is a good goalkeeper and one that is capable of making outstanding saves but he has a tendency to commit blunders once in awhile.

Kinda find that exaggerating. Neuer is a good goalkeeper and one that is capable of making outstanding saves but he has a tendency to commit blunders once in awhile.

oh come on!!! every player makes an error once in a while. but his general command of his box. his sweeper/keeper role. shot stopping, distribution, catching of crosses everything is PERFECT or at the least BEST when compared to others.