Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

It's De Visser we have to thank for this 'nice' problem, keep seeing people mistakenly giving Emenalo credit.

Wouldn't imagine so. Courtois was a Championship winning goalkeeping in Belgium when we signed him, despite his young age he wasn't an unknown kid.

Wouldn't imagine so. Courtois was a Championship winning goalkeeping in Belgium when we signed him, despite his young age he wasn't an unknown kid.

Tbf nobody we sign or have signed (outside youth level) have been total unknowns, that's rarely the case for top clubs. De Visser was following him before that, this is the guy who predicted the Belgium surplus and was scouting Oscar at age 15, let's give him a little credit.

Everyone who is a Chelsea fan will know that Cech is a club legend. We all love Cech and understand the significance of his contribution. At the same time though, we all know that age catches up to everybody. At this moment, there is little doubt that Courtois is better. I think Courtois should start, and if Cech desires to compete with him he should be welcome to stay. I think however he will be sold to PSG for a hefty sum.

Tbf nobody we sign or have signed (outside youth level) have been total unknowns, that's rarely the case for top clubs. De Visser was following him before that, this is the guy who predicted the Belgium surplus and was scouting Oscar at age 15, let's give him a little credit.

Yep, thats true for sure. I think to be fair, we should be proud of the team that we've assembled over the last few years in terms of recruiting of all ages. Youth team have come on bundles, as have transfer negotiations. Not something thats really been acknowledged by the media, but I think its fair to say the majority of us lot appreciate and respect the change.

COURTOIS (@thibautcourtois), en el @partidodelas12: "Mi respeto por la afición atlética es enorme. Es una pena no haber podido decir adiós"

— elpartidodelas12 (@partidodelas12) June 17, 2014

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/6/18/5821086/thibaut-courtois-chelsea-future

Still just don't understand how this situation is going to work. Just judging by how Petr tweets it certainly seems like he'll remain with us. It looks like we really will have both he and Courtois in our side next season which I just don't think makes sense unless Cech is fine with being the backup.

The poll on this article = 87% want Courtois as our number 1, only 13% want Cech. Some people don't know what they have until they lose it.

The poll on this article = 87% want Courtois as our number 1, only 13% want Cech. Some people don't know what they have until they lose it.

Exactly, you will realized how much you miss someone, when you have lose him. But, I hope somehow, they're both stay for at least next season.

Cech is still young for a GK, and he is a solid worldclass keeper. At the same time he has a lot of experience from the PL which Courtois doesnt have. I dont know if it's a good idea to just sell Cech tbh.

Keeper's don't alway keep a high level in their mid 30s. For one VDS theres Cassilas, Buffon and Shay Given.