Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

When Cech makes a mistake, all hell breaks loose. No-one even cares to mention a Courtois cock-up.

Because more people will take notice of mistakes that occur in Chelsea matches.

It was a freak mistake too, rather than a few of Cech's errors. Looping balls like that can catch out the very best keepers (Nayiiiiiiim!!!) and it's a very tough type of ball to judge because you'd almost never practice being in that situation. He's still the keeper for our future.

When Cech makes a mistake, all hell breaks loose. No-one even cares to mention a Courtois cock-up.

y0quUuc.gif

I wouldn't call that a howler. Tricky ball, easy to get caught out but that was a preventable goal.

y0quUuc.gif

I wouldn't call that a howler. Tricky ball, easy to get caught out but that was a preventable goal.

LOL Come on, that was as bad they get. If you see it from the other angle, he just took his eye off the ball and it passed next to his hand. 99/100 times he saves that.

But it doesn't make him any less of a great keeper. It's just one mistake. He's a younger keeper, he's bound to make them. Hopefully he'll have a great game next match and regain his confidence.

y0quUuc.gif

It's one of those ones that looks a lot worse than it is, but in reality a lot of keepers wold struggle with that because it's not something you would practice for.

The ball itself is going into the top corner, Courtois is readjusting and it's a very, very tough ball to get your angles right for. I've seen the very best keepers get caught out by things like that.

It's one of those ones that looks a lot worse than it is, but in reality a lot of keepers wold struggle with that because it's not something you would practice for.

The ball itself is going into the top corner, Courtois is readjusting and it's a very, very tough ball to get your angles right for. I've seen the very best keepers get caught out by things like that.

LOL Come on, that was as bad they get. If you see it from the other angle, he just took his eye off the ball and it passed next to his hand. 99/100 times he saves that.

t

But it doesn't make him any less of a great keeper. It's just one mistake. He's a younger keeper, he's bound to make them. Hopefully he'll have a great game next match and regain his confidence.

7/10 times the ball cannot be knocked away with one hand when you're going backwards and sidewards at the same time. The only way he could made a better attempt at catching was to dive with both hands but that runs the risk of him going head on into the post.

Go try it out Choo Choo, its not easy as you think. :P

7/10 times the ball cannot be knocked away with one hand when you're going backwards and sidewards at the same time. The only way he could made a better attempt at catching was to dive with both hands but that runs the risk of him going head on into the post.

Go try it out Choo Choo, its not easy as you think. :P

http://rutube.ru/video/aef0e3a3b09aaa0894d80394d87e4558/?ref=logo

See the replay at 1:36. It was supposed to be an easy palming over the bar with one hand, but he completely misjudged the the flight of the ball. I think he thought t was going over without his intervention and just took his eye off it.

EDIT: Here is what I meant by he misjudged the flight of the ball:

Untitled.png

See the replay at 1:36. It was supposed to be an easy palming over the bar with one hand, but he completely misjudged the the flight of the ball. I think he thought t was going over without his intervention and just took his eye off it.

Untitled.png

He took his eyes off the ball only after it left him. Definitely a mistake but certainly wouldn't come close to 'The Boruc' or 'The Hart'. And i certainly would'nt call this a Courtois An understandable mistake. Not as bad as they get.

He demands to be No. 1 Chelsea can not guarantee it. Then my question..is he another player to say bye bye ?

he does not look like the player who would be willing to sit out an entire season... so if he is not guaranteed no.1, he will leave i guess. and with both the barca gks out of contract in the summer (valdes and pinto), courtoius seems to be their no.1 target. i wonuld not mind if we can get a nice deal going here.

ps - it would be very suprising to me if mou lets him go. courtois' best performances have been against RM/barca specially his performance in the copa del ray final against RM where he was just phenomenol. jose had a first hand experience of courtois' brilliance.

he does not look like the player who would be willing to sit out an entire season... so if he is not guaranteed no.1, he will leave i guess. and with both the barca gks out of contract in the summer (valdes and pinto), courtoius seems to be their no.1 target. i wonuld not mind if we can get a nice deal going here.

ps - it would be very suprising to me if mou lets him go. courtois' best performances have been against RM/barca specially his performance in the copa del ray final against RM where he was just phenomenol. jose had a first hand experience of courtois' brilliance.

Howdy forever young...

For us to say what will happen, it´s too early or we do not know.

As you might have noticed, I personally like to see him as No. 1 next season, the future of Chelsea lies with him, I feel.

He took his eyes off the ball only after it left him. Definitely a mistake but certainly wouldn't come close to 'The Boruc' or 'The Hart'. And i certainly would'nt call this a Courtois An understandable mistake. Not as bad as they get.

He said in the belgian media he completely missed the ball due to being blinded by the stadium lights

It was a bad mistake but who cares? The best goalies make terrible mistakes from time to time. (As all players, no matter how great do.) People tend to put WAAAAYYYY too much emphasis on individual plays when judging a player and that goes both ways. I've seen players play awful games and then make one great offensive run and have lots of people think they've had a good game. At the same time, you can have a player who is brilliant defensively for 5 games and then makes one glaring error and people say "he sucks defensively". There's nothing wrong with Courtois. He's a top keeper.