Scott Parker

Domino-

But will post in few lines:

- terrible passes.

- bad ball control.

- many stupid mistakes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8130025/John-Obi-Mikel-reborn-as-Chelseas-undisputed-pass-master.html

^That's for the "terrible passes" part. About the "bad ball control" thing, I can't really find an article on it, but from what I've seen, Mikel is one of the best in the league in keeping the ball. He has the technique to first knock the ball down into his feet, then he cleverly turns his back towards an approaching defender and he shields the ball using his strength.

And Mikel doesn't make that many stupid mistakes.. anymore. He now knows how to tackle whereas a few seasons ago he didn't because he never had to play a defensive duty. (It's even in that article.) So, now he doesn't get sent off for some dumb reason. Also compared to, let's say, two seasons ago, he makes way few pass misses, and honestly, he was less error-prone than Lampard this season, although Lampard was sub par. It's true he still sometimes finds himself in a hole, but that doesn't make him SHIT.

I know you'll hate Mikel until he starts scoring 5 goals every game, but to me, the only two things that prevent Mikel from nearing the world-class status are: 1) Influence on the pitch, and 2) Offensive capability. But he is improving on these things.

And, of course, Mikel plays one of the most important roles in the team: he is the reason why our defenders can get forward and score goals. If you recall, many of the dramatic goals were scored by Terry, Luiz and Ivanovic last season, and this was partly because Mikel stayed back to cover for them.

===========

Sorry about the off-topic post.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I do. Im only posting right now because Im on iPhone and Im watching Copa America.

- terrible passes.

- bad ball control.

- many stupid mistakes.

at the end of last season that description was more applicable to Essien than Mikel

I'd love him to come back, he was so good last season in a shit team and he still has 2-3 good years left. I really hope this is true and also he wouldn't cost much. It can only be a good signing

It's not only the mirror reporting it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/12/football-transfer-rumours-scott-parker

http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/07/12/scott-parker-west-ham-chelsea-return/

Some dick heads blog... http://chelsea.theoffside.com/transfer-rumors/scott-parker-this-is-getting-out-of-hand.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/betting-blog/Derek-McGovern-Bets-of-the-Day-Odds-Scott-Parker-move-Chelsea-Aston-Villa-article764533.html

Edited by OllieCFC

at the end of last season that description was more applicable to Essien than Mikel

just leave him zolayes, I don't know but I think I can remember when you where one of Mikels critics two years ago and we both discussed all the way but you've had one ability our brasilian don't has, its a brain to rethink you're decision process...

all these three pionts are a complete waste of time and nonsense... its gett'n a bit like Maka and Real-story tbh... even if mikel is ONLY 24 and plays a position already on worldclass level while every other DM blossoms at 27... oh btw where is felipe melo... anyone've seen melo? His parents are awaiting him on the parkinplace infront of the olympiastadium...

Scott parker would be a good addition for about 5 - 7 Mio, not more and not less, you have to admit he has a good workethic and a pretty good workrate, not worldclass but he could help us a lot against lower PL-Sides... and on low wages lets say 35k I would take him anything above it wouldn't make any kind of sence to me...

Actually I do. Im only posting right now because Im on iPhone and Im watching Copa America.

- terrible passes.

- bad ball control.

- many stupid mistakes.

Do you realise mikel had the highest pass completion rate in the epl last season according to opta stats which is far more accurate and credible than human perception.

Bad control- That's laughable really. can you name 3 players who have superior close control than mikel at chelsea?

Can you define stupid mistakes

As for Scott Parker. I'm surprised some people actually believe the bullshit. why would Chelsea buy a 30 year old player to replace essien? it doesn't make sense on both short term or long run basis

Exactly..when everyone is crying out for the injection of some thing new..why go for something used and old.?

I mean we were linked with Guus and got Andre, why should it be different in the case of a new player?

Could see him going to Wigan to replace N'Zogbia, or even Sunderland,Stoke, but not here.

He might have found some class in West Ham, but that doesn't merit a move for him which wouldn't be beneficial to either the player's career nor the club's outset for the future!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You